1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Can't pick up apex artifact

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Walteser, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Walteser

Walteser Space Hobo

I just started a new world and got up to the apex mission. I defeated the big ape projection, but then wasn't able to pick up the artifact. I relaunched starbound and tried again but it still didn't work. I checked my mods and none of them were supposed to effect the apex mission. I looked at the interactables and it said it wasn't interactable. Please help I'm not sure what to do.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide your starbound.log after encountering the bug. The log is located in the storage folder of your starbound install.

3. Walteser

Walteser Space Hobo

There are five in there, which one do I use?

4. Iris Blanche

The Log-files .log.1 to .log.5 are from previous sessions. The log might appear as only "starbound" in the folder. This is the file we need. You can attach it via the "Upload a File" button.

5. Walteser

Walteser Space Hobo

Attached Files:

6. Iris Blanche

Some mod is messing with vehiclecontrollers. It *might* be the cause for the interaction-issue you're encountering (according to the log)

7. Walteser

Walteser Space Hobo

I unsubscribed from all of the mods that added or modified vehicles but I am still unable to pick it up.

8. Iris Blanche

Please provide your new log.

9. Walteser

Walteser Space Hobo

There are the same amount of logs as last time but I'll give it to you just in case

Attached Files:

10. Iris Blanche

This log doesnt show that you were in the apex mission. Please provide the log directly after the bug happened.

11. Walteser

Walteser Space Hobo

I think this one is it

Attached Files:

12. balsh

balsh Void-Bound Voyager

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    Walteser likes this.
  13. Walteser

Walteser Space Hobo

14. justhelpingout

justhelpingout Space Spelunker

For anybody that doesn't want to try to figure out what mod is causing the issues, I was able to bypass this problem by forcing the quest to complete and the outpost to advance by using the following commands:
    {Enter admin mode}
    /admin
    {Complete Apex artifact quest}
    /completequest apex_mission2
    {Advance outpost progress to make Lana appear}
    /setuniverseflag outpost_mission5
    {Exit admin mode}
    /admin