1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Mobile: Known Issues and Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Oct 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oneill983

oneill983 Space Hobo

Sure thing. Please see below.

About Harvey: Unfortunately, I can't remember. I don't think it was after a crash though!

Attached Files:

• harryh

harryh Developer

Thanks for this. We've managed to fix the problem with buildings disappearing, and that will hopefully be in the next build (we need to test it more before we can release the fix). I couldn't recover your building from your saves unfortunately, but I have hacked your save a bit to give you the money and materials to build another barn and upgrade it to deluxe. Please see the attached file and use iTunes to replace it on your phone (keep the old one just in case you notice something wrong with this one). Hope it helps!

Attached Files:

• harryh

harryh Developer

Thanks, we'll take a look and see what we can learn.

• CeA

CeA Space Hobo

Hi again, thanks for the prompt reply, unfortunately, after downloading the zip, unzipping it into a folder and "Add"-ing it in my itunes file sharing for stardew valley, I am unable to open it in the actual game, the load file is there, but when i click to load it, it sends me back to title screen..

• harryh

harryh Developer

that's odd. You may need to delete the files from your iPhone first, then copy the folders over and press sync... see attached screenshot for what you should see in iTunes. Also screenshot of the game with that save running on my iPad. Hope that helps, sorry for the hassle!

Attached Files:

• harryh

harryh Developer

to clarify you need to copy the whole of that Cea_202122819 folder to your iPhone via iTunes and sync. Sometimes I've noticed that iTunes doesn't notice any new files are there until you disconnect and reconnect your cable between the mac / pc and iPad

• harryh

harryh Developer

HI - sorry you're having this issue. We've been trying to recreate this but haven't managed to do so. There was a build a couple of weeks ago that did have a problem with saves when there was an event the next day (on 28 of Winter year 2 you should get a special visitor in the night) but it all seems to be working fine on all the saves we have here. If possible, please could upload your save file directory zipped up (you can see how to access the files here). That will help us to recreate the issue you are seeing and fix it. If you're not using the latest version of the app from the store, please could you try an update? That might fix the issue. Thanks!

• CeA

CeA Space Hobo

hi, so i tried deleting my old files, went back to downloading the edited zip, unzipping it and placing the entire folder in my stardew valley, unfortunately the same happened, i already synced my phone and restarted the game, but the attached video shows what's happening.. thanks!

Attached Files:

• harryh

harryh Developer

HI - I see the problem. The screenshot shows the number '2' at the end of the folder name - maybe that got added when you downloaded and unzipped it to the same place you already had the original. If you delete that and make sure the folder name is the same as before, you should be able to load OK. Make sure the space between the folder name and the 2 is also deleted

• CeA

CeA Space Hobo

YES!! got it to work!! thanks chucklefish devs!! this is the first time I've been helped by the devs so quickly and kindly, will definitely be looking out for your future apps!! thanks again!!

• harryh

harryh Developer

Thanks! (actually I'm from The Secret Police rather than Chucklefish but they're awesome too :) )

CeA likes this.
                        • Davidovich

Davidovich Void-Bound Voyager

Wish I would’ve known about that little trick last week, before I started over from year one again. D’oh!! Finally got my old save to work after removing the “2” from my folder. Oh well, I’m liking my newer file much more anyway. I have much better goods this time around. Good thing to remember for future use though. Thanks Secret Police!!

CeA and harryh like this.
                          • rmonster

rmonster Seal Broken

I’ll try to get around to it, but I’ve only progressed a day since my last upload, and that one had the same issue lurking around somewhere. That backup button sounds perfect for now. Thanks!

harryh likes this.
                            • Davidovich

Hey harryh. At some point I’d love to see if you could hide the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen. Thanks.

• niddin

niddin Intergalactic Tourist

iPhone X’s max

Joystick & 1 button still does not work, choosing it gives the same behavior as joystick & 2 buttons.

• Griztonsfarm

Griztonsfarm Space Hobo

Hi there, IOS crashes seem to be largely fixed for me
                                  But i keep encountering the same bug where I receive a multiple item reward from the community centre.
                                  I.e. 30 seeds and the next day when I am home the number of said item becomes much lower, 3 or sometimes 1
                                  This has happened with Fertilizer and other items
                                  I havent moved or dropped off the item just left it in the inventory
                                  Just a heads up, thanks for all your work and support

• melopok

melopok Poptop Tamer

My app has crashed about 10 times now since the last patch update. I can’t really identify a trigger pattern but it’s always during a pop-up menu. The two most common scenarios that has caused crashes is:

1. When exiting from menu screen when I access my chests of items. This doesn’t happen all the time and scenario is different each time it happens.

2. When purchasing animal supplies from Marnie’s.

I tried to do screen recording on my iPhone for one of my most recent gameplays but the file didn’t manage to save due to some error. I’m on the iPhone X.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Knakriktsur

Knakriktsur Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is it Stardew Valley version 1.10 or 1.11?

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

A new update should be available now;

1.11 (6 December 2018)

New Features
                                        Bug Fixes
                                        • (Fixed) Buildings disappearing on move
                                        • (Fixed) Settings don't correctly restore on restart
                                        • (Fixed) Crab pots on diagonal angles cannot be accessed correctly
                                        • (Fixed) NPCs sometimes appearing stuck in scenery
                                        • (Fixed) Player restoring to slightly wrong place on water farm lowest bridge
                                        • (Fixed) Toolbar related crash
                                        • Other stability fixes

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
                                        • Davidovich

Thank you! The menu/toolbar padding settings have been fixed. I can change them again. Really happy about the buildings disappearing being fixed too. Appreciate all the updates. Only two things left on my bug checklist, which I’m sure you’re working on.

1. Multiple geodes using anvil leaving a geode in inventory
                                          And
                                          2. Tapping on toolbar area still causing movement when tapping on the area above and below the notch, generally to the left of the tool itself (toolbar settings at 85)

Looking forward to future updates. This is the only game I’m playing on my phone. By the way, I’ve had zero crashes playing on my iPhone XR.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.