1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Skittles Advanced Template Race Mod 1.5.3

Do you want to create your own race mod with lots of content? Look right here.

1. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

Did you use the colour listed in the blockkey.config

Code:
          "value" : [200, 200, 200, 255],
    in one of the block images?

2. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

I did but that didn't work when trying to implement the object that is the race template's big boosters. I decided go with the default human thrusters and they seem to work swimmingly.

Even then, there were some pixels in the map that were literally the most minuscule shade darker than the colour required. You couldn't even see it and the only way it was noticed was when I opened up the colour calibration tool after sampling the different pixels. It is the 167 167 255 colour that wasn't right on a few of the spots meant to be boosters. After changing the colours I checked if the template's boosters worked but still no. Not that it matters much on my side, the human one works well for my purposes.

3. DrPvtSkittles

"Even then, there were some pixels in the map that were literally the most minuscule shade darker than the colour required. "

Ergh, tell me about it. That's mucked me up before.

4. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Correction:
    I mucked up the template big booster object in a similar manner. Must've been a little blind when checking them out. At least the pixel thing unified all back boosters to be the same on my ship.

DrPvtSkittles likes this.
  5. Webdings

Webdings Void-Bound Voyager

I am incredibly new to modding, so I'm rather clueless about all of this, and all I'm aware of is that something I did is making Starbound crash before it gets to the title screen. I found a few things that I thought it could've been, but even after I fixed them, it still doesn't want to work. I honestly feel like I'm wasting your time even saying all of this, but I would love some kind of help.

6. DrPvtSkittles

Never a waste of time :)

Check your log file. Its called starbound (no numbers)
    Starbound/storage
    You can paste it here using the
    Code:
    code tag
    Orrrr pastebin.com

7. Webdings

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  8. Webdings

I don't know what it's on about with the web spinner object file, it looks fine to me
    https://pastebin.com/pxn5gQgd
    And I didn't touch the falling animation file at all

9. DrPvtSkittles

Looking at the error, it appears to be you have put the whole customer crafter mod in your race mod.

Code:
        Line 773: [19:48:01.802] [Error] Error loading object file /Skittles Advanced Race Template/objects/reclusa/web spinner/Custom Crafter Template/objects/crafting/webspinnercrafting/webspinnercrafting.object: (AssetException) Error loading asset /Skittles Advanced Race Template/objects/reclusa/web spinner/Custom Crafter Template/objects/crafting/webspinnercrafting/webspinnercrafting.object
    Select all the files out of the "Custom Crafter Template" folder and move them to the main folder. Then delete the "Custom Crafter Template" folder.

10. Webdings

Now it's saying the same thing minus a folder
    [22:01:50.091] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /Skittles Advanced Race Template/objects/reclusa/web spinner/objects/crafting/webspinnercrafting/webspinnercrafting.object, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /Skittles Advanced Race Template/objects/reclusa/web spinner/objects/crafting/webspinnercrafting/webspinnercrafting.object

11. DrPvtSkittles

Looks like the folder structure still needs work. It is currently confusing me. May I see the mod to fix the issues?

12. Webdings

Well, here's the crafting station, if that's what you meant
    I put it inside the folder in the race template that was made for the race's exclusive furniture (desk, chair, etc.), but that might not be the best place for it

Attached Files:

13. DrPvtSkittles

I meant the whole mod. :p

Put the interface, items, objects and recipes folders INTO your race mod folder. Then you need to merge the 2 player.config.patches together.

14. Webdings

Oh, whoops!

And I think I did what you asked

Attached Files:

15. DrPvtSkittles

You had "reclusaDescription",

That comma shouldnt be there

Missing comma in the recipe for the first input item

Your species file had 'webspinner listed instead of webspinnercrafting

I struggled to figure out how exactly to fix the webspinnercrafter.config so I replaced it with the template so its not quite how you had it before... but it works! lol

Frames file for the webspinner needs to have the images dimensions. Your image was blown up to 300% so I reduced it back down.

Oh I should say, blue prints listed in the player.config will be available to craft by all races. If you wish to not have those items available for all, you put them in the species file

JSON is very finicky about commas n what not. Every modder will get caught out eventually. lol I do on a regular basis.

Attached Files:

16. Webdings

Ah, thank you so much! I really appreciate the help.

17. Webdings

Uh... It's... still crashing? The two error things it's saying are the falling animation, and the damn 'scorched city fridge,' of all things.

18. DrPvtSkittles

Sounds like an issue with mods you have installed. If you use the steam version, I think if you run starbound directly and not through steam, it wont load the workshop items, so you don't have to unsub from all to do a little testing. You will have to put a character extender mod, in your 'mods' folder tho if you have steam subbed to one( just remember to remove it when you go back to running starbound through steam). If you use the non steam version just move all of your mods (except yours and your character extender) to somewhere else temporarily..

19. Webdings

I mean
    https://starbounder.org/Data:Scorchedcityfridge
    It is a thing that exists in the game naturally, which is why that's confusing me
    I'm deleting and redownloading the game to see if that helps anything, and I have the mods and storage folders somewhere safe for the moment
    I had previously removed just the race template folder from my mods and everything had worked, and I haven't gotten anything new since then, so I have literally no idea what in the actual hell is happening

20. DrPvtSkittles

Hmmm I was thinking that maybe a mod had altered it in some way.

I would try removing all mods except yours and the race extender.