1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Mobile: Known Issues and Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Oct 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmonster

rmonster Seal Broken

Crash happened again today. I’m at the latest version as of Dec 1st.

- Crashed in the barn. I was retrieving a leftover jug of milk. The crash happened when I tapped on the exit, and I only got a chance to move half a step before the crash occurred. I’d already watered all the plants and harvested the coop.

- my sword is gone. Don’t know when I lost it, but it’s not in any containers. I think I read some other people have been having this problem. I’m 99% certain I didn’t drop or sell it.

- the extent of the inventory bar extends beyond the boundaries of the UI when horizontal. That means it overlaps with the clock and the X button when closing the inventory (so I often end up selecting items when I close the inventory screen). It’s also very obvious on the bottom. Just tap the screen where it appears empty.

Edit: another crash in the barn after collecting from the auto-harvester. This time I exited the inventory and accidentally tapped somewhat randomly on the screen, so not even on the door. This is by far my most common place to crash.

Edit 2: crash while on the horse. Just entered town (via the path that goes by the bus stop) and tapped near the bottom right because I was trying to head to the beach. Even worse, my game was restored from the beginning of the day, rather than the 2 intermediate auto saves that I forced. I’m guessing that the auto save is “consumed” after it’s used, but that makes no sense, as it assumes I can only crash once a day. I know the “auto-save on transition” system was itself causing crashes for some people, but at this point I’d really appreciate the option. One canonical save from the beginning of the day available that’s known to be safe to avoid corruption issues, and the latest auto save for crashes during the day. (I know you’re working to zero crashes and this shouldn’t be a problem going forward, but this is where I am right now.)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    • Deinesty5

Deinesty5 Intergalactic Tourist

Chicken Coop Disappears! After seeing Robin and using move building button to move the coop, it disappeared. It is completely gone. Running latest iOS on iPhone 6s and have most current app version.

• Scoutspy1

Scoutspy1 Space Hobo

Can you fix this bug where you can find 2 of the npcs next to each other

Attached Files:

• melopok

melopok Poptop Tamer

My game has been crashing at random (I was just buying farm supplies from Marnie the most recent time it crashed), but when I start up the game again, I have to start the day from the hard save (when I wake up in the morning of the day at 6am) instead of an auto save file. My autosave option is turned on though, is there a possibility that autosave isn’t working? This has happened about 3 times and I’m really tired of having to re-playing the whole day again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• rmonster

rmonster Seal Broken

Auto save was changed to only happen when the game quits, not when you change locations. You can force a save by going back to the home screen, then killing the app after a few seconds. But if you load from the autosave and crash again, you’ll still be punted back to the beginning of the day.

• CeA

CeA Space Hobo

Hi, running latest version, my deluxe barn has dissapeared when i was moving it, and now all my barn animals are homeless, not only that, when i give them the daily pat, if i accidentaly press it twice, they glitch into one spot and then spread out again.
              Tried to go to robins to see if i could find the barn but could not. Please fix ASAP and somehow help retrieve the deluxe barn with auto grabber in it without me having to purchase it again.. thanks :)

• selfproclaimKING

selfproclaimKING Tentacle Wrangler

Hi, I’m running the latest version 1.10 on my iPhone 6S Plus.

Briefly, I noticed that any toolbar and menu padding adjustments I make do not save. Any changes I made to the padding adjustments weren’t saved and they went back to the same figures as before I made the change.

Thank you

• melopok

melopok Poptop Tamer

That sucks to be honest; my game has crashed on me like 5 times now and sometimes it’s nearing the end of the in-game day. I lose all progression for the day and sometimes it’s on days when I go mining and get extra rare items [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmonster and CeA like this.
                  • ginkaj

ginkaj Guest

The Linus stuck in the ledge bug
                    IOS 12.1
                    Stardew valley v 1.10

• Skunko

Skunko Intergalactic Tourist

iOS 10.3.3 on iPhone 5c
                      On the 28th of winter, year 2, I go to bed. On the screen with the script saying "day 1, spring, year 3" its stays on that screen. The "saving" message seems to just play on a loop. I've tried quitting the game, turning off my phone, and even passing out in game. Nothing works. I've tried about 6 or 7 times to get passed this problem and each time I fail.

• oneill983

oneill983 Space Hobo

Hello together, first post.

I'm using an iPad Pro 2018, 11", iOS 12.1 (16B92), Stardev Valley Version 1.10

Sorry for the lentgth of my video, tried to recreate everything exactly as I remembered, and sure enough the game crashed again!

In the video at about 1:05 minutes you can see that the pathfinding is still.. less than ideal.. (but that didn't crash my game!)

I went into the barn, milked all the cows and then wanted to get hey and my inventory was full.. so I scrolled all the way down to see what to throw away, and clicked the very last inventory place on the screen in the very bottom. The game instantly crashes!

I was able to reproduce this, and it always happens when pressing that last intentory place, so it doesn't matter if your inventory is full or not or where you are in the game.

This bug is really annoying because it doesn't autosave the game and I have to begin in the morning and all progress is lost.

Additionally I randomly have stutters and crashes or problems:

- going into the adventurers guild, talking to the merchant and clicking to sell stuff from my inventory (game crashes sometimes)
                        - going to buy some animals when walking into the house and Marnie isn't there, the game gets really laggy (2-3 fps) and if you don't leave the ranch immediately, the game will crash. Once you leave the barn, the game goes back to normal speed
                        - I have the upgraded house, level 1 (10,000 gold) and my cat sometimes blocks the path from my bedroom, so on some days I have to wait until that lazy cat decides to get up!
                        -I do not have a screenshot or video of when it happened, but one day Harvey was stuck in this location (see attached screenshot, marked area - bigger area as to where I'm not sure anymore where exactly he as)
                        He was stuck in one place, seemingly tring to move backwards and forwards at the same time and thus the face was really glitchy and constantly flickering (not sure how to best describe it...)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
                        • harryh

harryh Developer

Thanks for this, I think I've found a fix for it but need to check that fixing it hasn't caused any more problems elsewhere

• harryh

harryh Developer

Hi - if possible, please could you upload your save files to us as shown here? That will help us to recreate the issue you are seeing and fix it.

• harryh

harryh Developer

Hi - if possible, please could you upload your save files to us as shown here? That will help us to recreate the issue you are seeing and fix it. We've seen a few people reporting this but have not been able to recreate the issue so far. There was an issue a few weeks ago which did cause this but that was fixed, so there must be something else we've not seen yet causing the issue for you. Thanks

• harryh

harryh Developer

Please can you upload your save as shown here? If we can see the save file it really helps us to understand what has happened. Thanks

• harryh

harryh Developer

Hi - thanks for all the feedback. If you could upload your most recent problematic save that would really help us track down these issues.

I've just added a 'save backup' button to the options screen which will be in the next build. I'd rather the auto-save was there but, as it's causing other issues we need to leave that switched off for now. The save backup button basically does the same thing that auto save did, just manually. Because the game waits for the save to finish (rather than background saving like auto save did) then it shouldn't cause any problems.

rmonster likes this.
                                  • harryh

harryh Developer

Thanks for the feedback, I've just fixed this and it will be in the next build.

• harryh

harryh Developer

Hi - thanks for posting this video. It would be really helpful if you could upload your most recent save, as we're not sure how Linus ended up there!

Thanks!

• harryh

harryh Developer

Hi, thanks a lot for the feedback, it's really helpful for us.

If are able to upload your save to us (as shown here) that can help us track down the problems.

Can you remember if the problem with Harvey happened when you were playing starting at 6am in the morning? Or did it happen when you restored the game from a backup save (like, when you quit out of the app, and kill it by swiping it away after a few seconds, and then reloading the app)?

• CeA

CeA Space Hobo

not sure if i did it correctly, got the file from my ios, saved it and zipped it below. thanks for the prompt reply, hoping for a quick fix so i can go back to playing my fave game!! thanks devs!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.