1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Mobile: Known Issues and Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Oct 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otnememento

otnememento Tentacle Wrangler

I had zero crashes since the crash bug in the mines was fixed. Did you send your crash logs to the devs?

• selfproclaimKING

selfproclaimKING Tentacle Wrangler

Invisible joystick and horizontal toolbar in the mine is a nightmare.

On my iPhone 6S plus, latest version 1.09.

I will elaborate on this issue:
      • I use invisible joystick option whenever I’m going into the mine
      • I also toggled off vertical toolbar
      • Movement joystick (dragging in the invisible area to move) usually collides with the scrolling option
        • Whenever I move, the toolbar unintentionally scrolls to the next set of slots
        • Holding my sword and moving with invisible joystick may unintentionally scroll the toolbar, which puts away my sword

It would be great to have a fixed toolbar toggle in option so that it doesn’t scroll.

Thank you for reading.

• harryh

harryh Developer

If you just zip up the entire contents of the save folder and send to us we should be able to use it, thanks

• harryh

harryh Developer

Is there a specific thing that seems to cause the crash?

• harryh

harryh Developer

Please could you upload your save? We can use that to try to work out what is wrong, thanks

• Davidovich

Davidovich Void-Bound Voyager

Heading to bed but wanted to report another small bug - when I have two or more geodes and take them to Clint, and I tap the anvil to move an additional geode or geodes to the anvil (as opposed to dragging them from inventory and placing them on the anvil) the last one will appear to remain in the inventory, even though it’s already been processed. I end up having to move it to the trash to get rid of it. Hope that makes sense. iPhone XR, iOS 12.1

• sepo

sepo Developer

There's a slider to adjust that in the settings menu. It's supposed detect your phone and not do this by default.

• cosmic-irie

cosmic-irie Seal Broken

Awesome, thanks so much!

• rmonster

rmonster Seal Broken

Here you go; hope it helps. The crash appears to occur when leaving a location (leaving a building, transitioning between two outdoor areas). I've had 4 or 5 crashes now; this is right after my latest one.
                    I don't know that I can see any other link between the circumstances; I've had it happen fairly early in the day while still on the farm, and also much later in the day or evening.

Attached Files:

• d3ltakilo

d3ltakilo Space Hobo

Got it! Thank you so much!

• nukilis

nukilis Space Hobo

Playing iOS 12.1 SDV VERSION 1.09 Mobile. same issue occurs, when using MFI supported game remote Mad Catz CTRLI MICRO half the controls do not function for example: place object and picking up objects, using tools, attacking monsters in mines(unless it’s on auto). The UI is inoperable, I can’t interact with the menus and when I use the right trigger to the very end of the menus in game, if you go one too many past the last menu the game instantly craches without saving or anything. I’ve done this and had the same problems with gamevice, mad catz, I pega! Please someone give me a solution or DEVELOPERS PLEASE FIX!! I posted many reviews of this issues on the App Store as well to no avail! No response and no fix! Please SOMEONE HELP ME I LOVE THIS GAME

Correction: having just played again I’ve noticed certain functions are no working for example using tools!! However the UI within in game menus is still non operational! This being done with the mad Catz CTRLI. The game still crashes when using the right trigger to go past the last menu in the in game menus!

Addition: now the selection of tools continuously goes down when using a game remote not allowing me use tools like it’s just scrolling non stop!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
                        • nukilis

nukilis Space Hobo

Now it won’t let me connect a remote at all without crashing and if I manage to get it connected long enough to stay in game!!! It persists with the uncontrollable scrolling of the tool bar

• Keleynal

Keleynal Tentacle Wrangler

Infinite teleportation loop with horse!

Has anyone else had this happen? I entered the north cave with my horse from the train station area. I was actually surprised I could ride my horse in there, but whatever. I ran into the teleportation rune and got taken to the swamp. I was there for maybe a couple frames. The player character and horse didn’t even appear, it just immediately played the teleport animation again and took me back to the cave. Then it played the animation and back to the swamp. Cave, swamp, cave, swamp, back and forth endlessly. The game responded when I tapped around, so I tried to get the horse to move in whatever frames I had, but to no effect. The game never crashed, but I eventually closed it to reset to my last save (auto save off). If I hadn’t, I imagine they’d be teleporting still.

• harryh

harryh Developer

Thanks for this. I haven't been able to make the game crash yet with that save but it's useful to have. Maybe some other info might help us - are you playing with the latest (1.09) build? A couple of the earlier builds were doing a backup save every time you warped locations, which did seem to be causing crashes for some people, so we removed it, but 1.09 doesn't do this so crashing when you swap locations is a bit of a mystery. Also - are you using the default tap to move controls? Thanks for any info you can give us on this, it's invaluable as these bugs are really hard to find (we've never had them happen but clearly some people have).

• mj8353

mj8353 Space Hobo

Autosave doesn‘t work in 1.09. I use iPhoneX. After Update to 1.09 i can‘t auto save the Game like last Version. After Close the App, i open the App again, i stay always in title. I must load my record again. And the Game will begin from morning. My last state will never be restored. I have checked, Autosave is on in the settings of game. The option to choose whether or not to restore the Autosave record isn‘t shown by starting of App . How can i autosave now? Or is Autosave cancled now?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
                                • djspanico89

djspanico89 Big Damn Hero

I address you now as my last hope. I'm thinking of leaving the game because of an error that does not allow me to move on. the game freezes during the rescue. I beg you to find a solution in this regard since I have more than 46 hours of play behind and I do not feel like starting all over again. also because I am sure that sooner or later it will happen again. thank you

Attached Files:

• harryh

harryh Developer

Hi - when you quit the app (by pressing home), it takes the game a few seconds to save your progress. If you immediately kill the app (by swiping it away in the list of background apps) it may not have time to do this save. So, please try not to kill the app until a few seconds after you've quit. Please note, you need to have auto-save enabled in options for this functionality to operate. If you have quit the game OK, next time you load it it will automatically carry on where you left off.

Loading from the load menu will always load the most recent 'night time' save now - so, the game will start from 6.00.

We have removed the function of auto-saving the game every time you move from one location to another, because that was causing crashes for some people. However, so long as you don't kill the app immediately on quitting it, you should be OK and the game should restore back to where you left it.

• harryh

harryh Developer

Please can you upload your save to this forum and we will investigate and fix.
                                      Thanks

• mj8353

mj8353 Space Hobo

I have a IPhoneX. There is no Home Button any more. I can only slip twice to close an App. After the first upwards slip i have waited 5 Seconds and then i slip again to close app. But my Game is not autosaved at all. Next time i am not started where i left. I also don’t get any option by restarting game that ask me whether i want to restore the Game from where i left or not. Actually i have seen that dialog only once after starting of App freshly after update to 1.09. I am very sure, the checkbox autosave in my Game settings is on. How can i quit the game correctly in a iPhoneX now? I think the last version is definitivere better. At least i don’t Need to learn how can i left the Game correctly. I love this game. Pls help me.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
                                        • djspanico89

djspanico89 Big Damn Hero

is there a guide that shows you how? thank you very much

Playing iPad mini

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.