Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sashuka

sashuka Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Dunno why but my game freeze while this scene, when shane apperes

• springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

Just tested it again on a new save with SDV 1.3.32, SMAPI 2.8.2 and the latest CP version, and it works fine for me. Are you sure you're running the latest versions of SMAPI and Content Patcher? Alternatively, do you have any other CP mods that edit Data/Events/Town.xnb?

• foggywizard

foggywizard Big Damn Hero

So I was talking to Pathos about checking that out, and I discovered that you had the changes formatted for 1.3. Can you change it to 1.5 and try again? And maybe only do the changes through the Wizard's Shrine or Kisekae, since this way the farmer's gender is already loaded in game?

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

You are amazing, yes that was the problem. It seems that whatever gender you pick at the beginning of the game determines which hair file will load, even if you try to change genders with Kisekae. But this works for me, thank you so much for all of your help!

• foggywizard

foggywizard Big Damn Hero

Changing your gender with Kisekae. Did you go to sleep to start a new day after doing that and then test the hair, or just change your gender and then try and change your hair? Content Patcher only loads things at the start of a day, so if you don't do that, it won't load new ones.

• Lachzone

Lachzone Intergalactic Tourist

• Olivki

Olivki Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yandere Events for Jas

So, here's a more thoroughly tested version, where quite a few bugs have been squished, and some missing stuff was added, this one should work perfectly fine for general play.

TMXLoader is also required for this version.

Bath House Hot Spring Mod is currently not compatible with this, due to some pathing issues during one of the events.

I will probably continue working on this, still some quirks to be fixed, but it might pop up in a different format.

Attached Files:

mariymoo, VincentX3 and matacusa like this.
              • Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

I love Eemie's English lamp posts, but they look a bit bare when I'm using a flowery map changer - so I decided to fix that. Here is a flowery edit of English lamp posts done up as a Content Patcher mod:

Attached Files:

• Starain

Starain Orbital Explorer

Good day, people.

I'm wondering whether anyone might please help me with converting this Vienix's More Emo Sebastian mod into Content Patcher one? I've already got the maker's permission to convert it to CP version, if anyone could do so.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
                    EbonyMachelle likes this.
                  • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

That seems to work, thank you!

• vadie

vadie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry to bother you, but this mod keeps getting denied by SMAPI for me, with SMAPI saying:
                      - BefriendMarlon 1.0 because it's no longer compatible. Please check for a new version at https://mods.smapi.io.
                      I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

• Moragaine

@vadie What I made was only a non-invasive version of someone else's mod. 1.3.32 broke most smapi mods, including both versions of Befriend Marlon and Gunther, so we'll both have to wait until the original author updates his mod.

H4rrisH4wk likes this.
                        • SheiFoxy

SheiFoxy Void-Bound Voyager

• SheiFoxy

SheiFoxy Void-Bound Voyager

I fixed the conversion on Blooming Trees by Heartworks because it wasn't properly packed. It was trying to run a load action on png files where the system wanted xnb files. I tested it and after the change it works properly.

Attached Files:

• springacres

• Moragaine

@springacres What's the problem with it? Which version do you have? If there's a game error do you have a smapi log?

• springacres

@Moragaine the problem with the non-weathered CP version is I get a giant wall of red text and the game freezes if I try to use that version.

My SMAPI error log: https://log.smapi.io/8qAU0dWX

• Moragaine

@springacres You have an older version of the mod. Try using this one(it has a config file to choose how many beds are in the kids' room):

Attached Files:

springacres likes this.
                                • springacres

@Moragaine ty, I'll try that!
                                  [edit] that one worked!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
                                  • Moragaine

Good deal! I really need to stop being lazy and put it on Nexus, instead of having random versions floating around the forums..

Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.