1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Doom Approaching! Is it part of the game? A mod? I don't know!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by LangShu, Nov 20, 2018.

1. LangShu

LangShu Void-Bound Voyager

The weirdest thing happened tonight, while playing Starbound. I was playing offline on a planet I made with the Transponder Mod and a snow Terraformer. In the middle of building a large settlement there, the air went red and S.A.I.L announced that a destructive force was heading my way, and to prepare for a fight and large tile destruction. Then, a red skull time icon with a helmet appeared below my healthbar, and the tooltip read "Your Doom is approaching.." This was my first time ever seeing it, and it was too vague to know what to expect. No one seemed to discuss it. I panicked at the thought of my hard work being destroyed, and bolted back to my ship, without even thinking to get a snapshot. I came back, and everything was still fine. Does anyone know what this is?

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Most likely a mod. Never heard of that in vanilla Starbound. :nurushock:

3. Jim Witness

Jim Witness Subatomic Cosmonaut

I can confirm that it is a mod. However, I do not know which mod it is exactly. I do know, however, that I got it off of Steam Workshop, and I also can confirm getting it twice.

4. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

If you have the screenshot, maybe we can identify it better. But I think, even if the screenshot were exist most people will say if that is a mod, even myself.

5. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

I'd actually be really keen on knowing what that mod is actually ^^

6. Jim Witness

7. SillyLeaf

SillyLeaf Aquatic Astronaut

That's so awesome! Now i want to know which mod do that! :DD

Well, lets see your possibilities:

[X] - Redemption adds a bunch of cool items and nothing big like you've said.
    [X] - Return to Earth just adds a mission, there is no way it could affect a planet.
    [?] - I dont know much about Extented Story, so...

Have you downloaded "Shellguard" or "Factions"? They look like the kind of mod that would do that! :nod:

8. Jim Witness

I don't have "Factions", so I know that mod doesn't cause that.
    I got the messages before I downloaded "Shellguard". Therefore, it can't be the guilty mod either.

EDIT: After some actual looking, I have discovered that the boss encounter "The Destroyer of Worlds" is from the mod "Extended Story". Your doom is approaching!

http://starbound-extended-story-mod.wikia.com/wiki/Starbound_Extended_story_mod_Wiki

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    Daikon Ocelot and SillyLeaf like this.
  9. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Well, case close then. We now know that the "Extended Story" is the mod that cause it. An investigation well done, guys. :up: