Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EbonyMachelle

EbonyMachelle Void-Bound Voyager

2. randomlybookish

randomlybookish Subatomic Cosmonaut

3. valkryeloyd14

valkryeloyd14 Aquatic Astronaut

4. paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

valkryeloyd14 likes this.
  5. EbonyMachelle

6. HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

I'm having a problem updating my personal character mod to the new content patcher options now that Stardew is out of beta. I am trying to make is so the hair file changes based on which gender you choose. I have been following the guide here but I'm still getting errors, this one to be specific:

[13:03:56 ERROR Content Patcher] Error preloading content pack 'Hope's Character Customization Mods Improved'. Technical details:
    Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Can't parse JSON file at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\[CP] Hope's Character Customization Mods Improved\content.json. This doesn't seem to be valid JSON.
    Technical details: After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: ". Path 'Changes[0].FromFile', line 9, position 10.
    at StardewModdingAPI.Toolkit.Serialisation.JsonHelper.ReadJsonFileIfExists[TModel](String fullPath, TModel& result)
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentPack.ReadJsonFile[TModel](String path) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentPack.cs:line 61
    at ContentPatcher.ModEntry.<GetContentPacks>d__14.MoveNext() in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\ContentPatcher\ModEntry.cs:line 175

I'm not sure what the problem is at line 9 and position 10, it looks right to me but I must be missing something. Anyone willing to take a look for me?

Attached Files:

• valkryeloyd14

ah ic thanks for the reply :nuruhappy:

• foggywizard

foggywizard Big Damn Hero

You were missing some commas. Rule of thumb, if the error is ", you're probably missing commas. You need commas separating each field, so when you didn't put one before before "When" started, after you'd specified "FromFile", it broke. Here's a fixed version for you, to see the tiny, but significant difference.

Attached Files:

HopeWasHere likes this.
        • HopeWasHere

Thank you so much! I'm sure one of these days I'll get the hang of this

Edit: Alright, no error now, but now no hairstyles are loading...

• foggywizard

It's possible it's one of those files that can't be conditionally loaded. Like NPCDispositions data. Found that one out trying to change a character's name based on an event.

• HopeWasHere

Darn... I hope that's not the case... Well, thanks again for your help!

• foggywizard

No problem at all! ...We really need a SMAPI mod that reloads specific bits of data for content patcher. So that these things can take effect.

• Lachzone

Lachzone Intergalactic Tourist

Hey, is Cerni's Walls and floors turned into Content Patcher? If not could someone please do so. Thanks!

• EbonyMachelle

• hanabikai

hanabikai Void-Bound Voyager

I'm new to modding but uh how do I use this mod?
                    I installed it and tried placing it both in the buildings folder from the content folder as well as the regular mods folder, but when I boot the game up via SMAPI nothing changes :(
                    Any help is much appreciated <3

• Amu Tsukiyomi

Amu Tsukiyomi Master Chief

https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/kimberlys-witch-kitchen-bed-bathroom-crib.136301/

Does anyone know how to get JUST the kitchen and purple bed sprites (and the crib, just so it's not out of place) out of this mod and into a content pack that ONLY messes with the bed, crib, and kitchen? I was going to try and do this myself, except it turns out I have no way of attempting to mess with the png file to separate out the bits I want, at least that I can figure out that is. I don't have photoshop anymore because I updated my mac and it killed the free version I had. I have growl but don't know if that's remotely usable for something like this....

• Alyssandra92

Alyssandra92 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi :) we had one of Gotama's portraits unofficially updated by Ensifera/Rubecula, but not the other it seems. Can someone make a [CP] version of version 2 *please*? Thank you!

• valkryeloyd14

someone uploaded CP Huge Sheds Redux but now it has update anyone willing to update it?
                          i read about how to make ur own CP version but i had no clue lol :catlol:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
                          • EbonyMachelle

• vadie

vadie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/983/?

Hello~ I know someone did a CP version of the dialogue only from the Harvey Personality Mod, but I was wondering if someone could possibly convert the whole mod to CP? Harvey's one of the characters that's not the most delved into by the game, imo, and this mod seems to flesh him out and at least make him have a personality. As well as make him actually work-out with the ladies' aerobics club like his heart event suggests he does. I'd try to convert it myself, but I've only begun tinkering with editing mods, so my skills are lackluster, at best. Thanks to anyone that could do this, though~

edit: Not sure if this would help, but while trying to edit this mod for myself, I added the new item for the quest, an airplane, into the springobjects file. It seems to work fine, but then again, it's a xnb file.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
                            Thread Status:
                            Not open for further replies.