pets to Statue of Indecision

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skinflint, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Skinflint

Skinflint Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Since we can't pick up our pets or move them by walking, they constantly pose a nuisance gameplay brick-wall as "thanks" for our charity to adopt them, which just seems wrong to me to be punished for no good reason as a player just for following the ethos of the game through kindness. So unless they stop being allowed to block our progress gameply-wise, I would like The Statue of Indecision to allow us to rescind our adoption of a pet so that they no longer inadvertently terrorize and snarl the logistics of the entire area around the house and cave. FWIW, any subsequent playthroughs I will refuse pets for this reason, though I don't like to do it. Just let us pick them up or something, at least. Please?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    • Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

i fully agree.... i'd rather see em have 1 place at night, which shouldn't be too close to the bed
      already over 12 AM? run to bed..... oh, it's in my path, so now i'll have to collapse or constantly walk into it
      one time it was IN my bed.... good it wasn't 12 AM yet
      maybe a command we can give? like we click on a spot, and it'll walk that way and lies down there, and stays there
      or some pet house outside and inside the house, where they will stay
      i mean, it can still be petted when it's asleep now, so gaining friendship points is no issue (only reason for that, is 3rd year... not giving spoilers)
      or make them have no hitbox for players and NPC's

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

if you run against a pet you can push past them the same way you can push past an npc, just hold down in the direction you'd like to go and they'll give a little wiggle and you can get through

• UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

I've had issues with the cat in the bed. Not enough wiggle in not enough time. Especially when trying to run home at 2:00 am.
          I've also had issues with the dog in the doorway. Not enough wiggle in not enough time.

I'm not an advocate of kicking animals out of the way, but surely part of house breaking an animal is "don't sleep [here]"

Kurachi84 likes this.
          • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

ah, that is fair

i suppose better pathfinding is the answer to keeping a pet and not having issues. i do know that they have a habit of spawning in places they cannot get to or from sometimes and have to warp to a better one

• Skinflint

Skinflint Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My experience on iOS has been that no amount of interaction, be it petting or walking, is enough to wake and/or move my cat in many instances, though there have been a few where it shuffles just enough for me to pass. It has boxed me inside at my doorway many times, and conversely in the same position from going to bed even after I leave the house and check my cave. I sure hope they just eliminate its hit box and leave it at that.