1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Mobile: Known Issues and Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Oct 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

And this is with today's new 1.06 update ?

What device are you playing the game on? iPhone (which version)? iPad (which version)?

• Repulsa

Repulsa Space Hobo

How is auto saving working now? It doesn’t appear to be working at all for me. I exit the game and come back to waking up in the morning pretty much starting to have to start the day over, not sure if I’m doing something wrong or it’s just not working for me.

• UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

Knakriktsur likes this.
      • Knakriktsur

Knakriktsur Subatomic Cosmonaut

I can confirm I have this bug too, at least with the first fishing rod with one bite slot. Haven’t testet with iridium yet. It sucked because I had about 400 worms on the old fishing rod and no way to get them out to put them in my new fishing rod.

• Knakriktsur

iOS 12.1, sdv 1.06

I have a question for auto save system. The first implementation I didn’t like, because you can not control when to save. If you screw something up or just wanted to test something, you could not restart the day. At least I couldn’t when I needed to, always auto save was loaded.
          So my question is, if we could get an checkbox option for “Only Auto save in mines” which does exactly that.
          Other question, if I start auto save disabled, move to mines, enable auto save, go through mines and get a crash, would that work to save my progress? And can I turn it off after mines and finish rest of the day (also if no crash had happened) normally? It is a workaround, but an option would be much better and user friendly as long as game crashes.

Also for the open door/close door problem. Maybe I’m wrong, but with at least 1.03 doors was opened automatically when I walked. But they didn’t close and often close/open again when doing it manually. Maybe we could get a checkbox option for “automatically open and close doors” which does exactly that. Why an option and not a complete implementation? Because maybe other players use doors differently and the doors have to stay opens (for animals or so). The is also an addon for pc version which does automatically open and close doors after passing. Perfect!

Laurainestaire and Typhoon like this.
          • Apio

Apio Intergalactic Tourist

I don’t know how you remove any combined item in the mobile version of the game. I have the same problem with slingshot ammo

• harryh

harryh Developer

You can switch bait by dragging a different bait item onto the rod, but there's not a system for removing bait from the rod on mobile.

Typhoon likes this.
              • harryh

harryh Developer

The game auto saves when you press the home button (to close the app). It takes it a few seconds to do that save - if you go in and fully kill the app (by swiping the app away) before that is complete, then the save won't happen. When you start the game up, if there was an auto save, that will be loaded on startup. We were saving every time you moved to a new location but that seemed to be causing some crashes, so we've removed it for now.

PkmnTrnrGary and Typhoon like this.
                • harryh

harryh Developer

Thanks! Been a few late nights but really nice to hear that people are enjoying the game!

Schaufuss, PkmnTrnrGary and Typhoon like this.
                  • Knakriktsur

Which totally should be changed ... pretty please?

• Skrooge

Skrooge Space Hobo

Hi there!

I‘m having issues with gates since the last update (not the one from today, but the one before). I’m playing on mobile (iPhone).

It’s totally random when a gate is actually closed on tap and when not. My animals are running all over my crops and annoy me like crazy.

Please fix:)

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

And thank YOU for all of the work that you and others have done in order to fix the bugs and implement new features. :)

harryh likes this.
                        • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• harryh

harryh Developer

We've fixed the gates to make them easier to open and close today. We've sent the build (1.07) to the app store but it might take a few days to get through to players.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Getting a tad off-topic with this question, but once you send a patch to the app store isn't it usually available for people to download pretty quickly? For example, with the 1.05 patch it was available within about 12 hours.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Bug report from resetera -

Want tons of Winter Seeds? Put 2 of each ingredient in your inventory. Make one Winter Seed pack; gives 10. Make a second, using the remainder of the ingredients; gives 100. Bug since at least v1.03.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/15060688/

and this -

"Bug on mobile where you craft way more seeds than you should?

So I was going to craft some winter seeds and had two of each item to be able to. It says that you get 10 for each craft so I quickly hit the craft button twice (not sliding it to two an craft) and I ended up with 110 seeds?! So I tried it out some more after the first harvest was done and I portioned it out to be able to craft five winter seed packs, which got me 140 seeds. I tried with ten of each and that got me 190 seeds. Now if I craft one and one it'll only give me the ten seeds as it says but the thing is, if you have more than two, on the last craft (where the slider disappears) it seems to give you 100 seeds instead of ten.

So, if I take two of each and craft the seed, you get 110 seeds everytime! This must surely not be intended right? On the other hand I'm racking up cash like a madman for the third year :)

On iOS 12.1 and SDW 1.06 "

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewVal...n_mobile_where_you_craft_way_more_seeds_than/

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
                              • PkmnTrnrGary

PkmnTrnrGary Space Hobo

F2698C7E-23F9-41C7-B8EE-ACDE1EDF1C09.png 7EB2FD4F-EDB8-40D7-AB8E-F7F29598169B.png (1.06 Bug) (iPhone SE iOS 12.1)

When attempting to move a building to contact a path, the building disappears. Moving the building to a location with at least one tile between the path and the destination presents no issue. This disappearance is not limited to the menu, as the building actually disappears in game.

In the screenshots above, you'll see the result of my pressing the check mark to move a deluxe barn into place in front of my stone path. This is not limited to this particular building.

I am unable to find a workaround to bring the building back at this time. My only recourse has been to reload the previous day's save. Thanks for your hard work on resolving these issues!

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

I've seen a number of people asking about preventing an auto-save (not eh end of day save) - harryh stated:

"The game auto saves when you press the home button (to close the app). It takes it a few seconds to do that save - if you go in and fully kill the app (by swiping the app away) before that is complete, then the save won't happen"

https://community.playstarbound.com...-issues-and-fixes.149599/page-22#post-3316532

is there a way to give people an option to auto-save on exit? For example, if you make a mistake and wish to start the day over? I note what was said about swiping the app away before the save is complete to stop the save, but if somebody isn't quick enough this won't work (plus it's not obvious to most people). Perhaps add an in-game option or a simple prompt of some sort?

PkmnTrnrGary likes this.
                                  • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

From reddit -

"I have SDV on mobile and my game is all up to date. Whenever I try to open it the first loading screen will open and then the app closes. I’ve closed the app and restarted my phone but I can’t open the game. Anyone else having this problem?"

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/9xndhd/game_wont_open/

user is on an iPhone 6

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.