REQUEST Seasonal clothes for player

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Balentay, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Balentay

Balentay Void-Bound Voyager

I would like to request seasonal clothes for the player. I'd love to dress my farmer up according to season!

Winter:

I'd like if shirts could include ponchos and winter coats. Hats and scarves (which could be hats and accessories) could have matching colors. Winter boots if possible too, although I doubt the boots can be added to or retextured like that.

Spring

Things like shawls and hoodies would ideal for shirts, although their normal clothing could also suffice. For hats and accessories flowers for the hair!

Summer

Sleeveless shirts! Sunglasses, wide brimmed hats. Sandals if you can figure out how to change the shoes.

Fall

Big sweaters, blanket scarves, berets or knit hats.... Probably lots of browns and oranges!

jazzucchini, Zosa and HopeWasHere like this.
    • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

if someone could take up the code part i would gladly make scarf graphics

• Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

I think you can just add them to accessories couldn't you?

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

no idea, my mods tend towards items not clothing :rofl:

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

For some of the things, yes. Coding shouldn't be needed for any of the items, unless you wanted to create something like the Custom Shirts mod
            This mod would need to edit the following to fit each of the categories of clothing:

Shirts.xnb for shirts, jackets, coats, etc.
            Hats.xnb for hats (both in the Data folder and the Farmer folder)
            Accessories.xnb for scarves, sunglasses, etc
            farmer_base.xnb and farmer_girl_base.xnb for gloves, shoes, pants, and swimsuit

Though if you use something like GetDressed or Kisekae you only need to edit the individual files that you want to change (unfortunately these two mods don't support multiple arms like they do legs, pants, and faces, I'm hoping this will be a feature in the future). For example, here are some files I made for sandals for the player if they use GetDressed or Kisekae. This method also works for accessories, and there's the Custom Shirts mod or Content Patcher for shirts and Jason Assets or Content Patcher for hats.

If you were saying that you want this mod to have certain clothing items only available in each season, then you could theoretically do that with content patcher and have only the shirts, accessories, hats, and/or the farmer_bases load during certain seasons. This could make your player switch clothes automatically like the villagers do at the start of each season, but it would take away some options from the player. Personally I would stick with GetDressed/Kisekae and just favorite the outfits you want to change into for each season/festival.

There a lot of different shirt and accessory mods out there, so you may find what you're looking for. But I'm definitely not against more of these mods being made, and would like to contribute where I can

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
              Sugar-Fable likes this.
            • matheus153

matheus153 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

• matheus153

matheus153 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

oh... ok

• kkiiu76

kkiiu76 Space Hobo

Seasonal hoodies are good thing to wear but not wear in whole season.But the baja hoodie are good to wear whole year.