Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paladinofthelantern

paladinofthelantern Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much for testing it yourself. I downloaded it again and I didn't get an error message this time. Maybe I did something wrong the first time around.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

It's possible that it didn't down-load correctly - I've had to redown-load some mods, too.

• Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

SMAPI can’t load this mod saying it’s missing the manifest. I don’t know how to fix it or what to do for that error.
        If anybody could help out I’d be super thankful
        :)

• Ratlochet

Ratlochet Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I know a CP version of strawberrymilk95's Witchy-Gothic Interior has already been created, but could someone please create a version that works? :laugh: The 1.3 update broke it, making the mod (whether CP version or not) practically unusable. I, and a lot of other Witchy-Gothic interior lovers, would really appreciate it if someone could fix it! <3

phoebe likes this.
          • Moragaine

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
            Ratlochet likes this.
          • Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

@Moragaine you're the best! My below zero modding skills would have never allowed me to realize that :p

• Moragaine

No problem! I'm used to poking at folder problems, since the 7-zip I have refuses to uncompress .rar files correctly and leaves me to figure out what goes where..

• H4rrisH4wk

H4rrisH4wk Void-Bound Voyager

• Moragaine

@H4rrisH4wk It's good to go as is - I'm currently using it myself. The only problem I've found with it is that you can't use any other mods that edit the names on the social list.

• Ratlochet

Ratlochet Scruffy Nerf-Herder

...Whoops! I may or may not have missed that one. ^///^ It does indeed work. Thanks so much for letting me know! I'll pop the link onto the mod's Nexus page so others can find it, too! <3

• clyxt13

clyxt13 Intergalactic Tourist

is there a version where the pet area is at the default location? cause even if the pet area is moved in this map, the pet always stay around at its default location and doesn't even consume the water in its bowl. Thanks in advance for the reply!

• krookodilehunter

krookodilehunter Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Attached Files:

Medicell likes this.
                    • emirie

emirie Void-Bound Voyager

First post here, so hopefully I did everything correctly. Everything with this seems to be working fine on my end, but I haven't actually seen all the changes personally to be sure.

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/137

This is by far one of my favorite portrait mods out there, and I've used it exclusively since I first started modding my SDV. However, with the introduction of CP and the fact that the community is working to move away from XNB mods entirely, I decided to poke my head into just how to convert an XNB mod to a CP mod and here's my first result. It includes the original PNG from Einari's mod, plus the 1.1 fixes from https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/565 by DasChui.

If the owner(s) of the mod wants me to take it down or upload it themselves to their mod page, they have every right to do so.

Edit: Reuploaded because I'm a stupid-head and forgot that Elliott has 2 Ts instead of one.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
                      • paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Since Tiled isn't working for me currently, would anyone be willing to add the new property to the bed for this conversion to fix the 'Exit-House-To-Save' "bug"?

The one I need is CribMinusBedsBathroom but if you'd like to do all of them I'm sure the community would appreciate it.

Attached Files:

• Moragaine

Only had time to do the 2, so try these:

Attached Files:

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Here you go. Changes made:
                            • unpacked all xnbs into tbins & changed the "FromFile" declarations to match
                            • added the "Bed:t" flag to the proper tiles on all maps
                            • removed the ".xnb" from the target attributes
                            • downloaded and added the map files for the "NoBedsOrCrib" option which were not in the archive
                            • changed the When conditions to trigger on every option except "disabled"
                            • upped the version to "1.12.1-unofficial.2-mouseypounds" (as an aside I have no idea why my username was in the version string of the version you had since I do not recall doing the original conversion)
                            It still sorta requires the Bathroom after 2nd house upgrade mod (I tested by having my CP conversion of that installed but with only the tilesheet changes enabled) but no dependency is listed in manifest.json. This mod really should just include & load that tilesheet, but I suppose there are permissions concerns involved there. I also only tested the requested "CribMinusBedsBathroom" configuration myself and the config.json is not included in my archive.

Attached Files:

• paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I appreciate both of you! Thank you! I'll test this out right now.

• Alyssandra92

Alyssandra92 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi guys. I just wanted to say that y'all are doing god's work. I have used so many of your conversions to CP it is unreal.

I am sure there are other people who are not posting who are also equally benefiting. A grand thank you from all of us :cathug:

• ranfuu

ranfuu Void-Bound Voyager

I'd like to request this cosmetic bundle to be taken down unless revised please. I only see new shirts added in but no new hats, bottoms, nor shoes that change from my already CP mod. It seems like you also took parts from my other mod, Fancy Farmer?
                                  I'll allow my flower dance shirts to be part of the shirt pack but otherwise, please remove the rest that is part of my mods as it doesn't look like they need to be included.

Also next time, please also inform me if you'll be including/have included my mods in any compilations, thanks!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
                                  • H4rrisH4wk

H4rrisH4wk Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for letting me know! I appreciate it.

It's just that the part of the "How to install" concerned me:

since I really REALLY don't want to override anything in my content folder/actual xnb files.

Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.