Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. breatemata

breatemata Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thank you very much

flameofnight likes this.
    • Pookachu_

Pookachu_ Void-Bound Voyager

nm its done :)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
      • khajiitibard

khajiitibard Void-Bound Voyager

Attached Files:

H4rrisH4wk likes this.
      • Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

Hi everyone!
        I just tried CP for Eemie's Medieval farm buildings, but I'm getting the error "it doesn't have a manifest". I downloaded the one linked in the wiki.
        Has this been uploaded again to fix that?

Thanks so much!

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

@khajiitibard : You are missing some brackets but otherwise it looks fine. Also, I would suggest using a Format designation of 1.3 since you aren't using any of the features from newer versions and 1.5 would require people to be running the beta. Try the version in the spoiler below (also posted to hastebin if that is easier)
          Code:
          {
              "Format": "1.3",
              "Changes": [
                  {
                      "Action": "EditData",
                      "Target": "Characters/Dialogue/Penny",
                      "Entries": {
                      "event_mail2": "Oh... I just wanted to help.$s#$b#I'm sorry, Mr. Mullner. I didn't mean to upset you.$s",
                      "event_mail3": "Oh... I guess you're right.$u#$b#I'm sorry, Mr. Mullner. It was rude, what I did.$s",
                      "event_mail4": "I see."
                      },
                  },
                  {   
                      "Action": "EditData",
                      "Target": "Data/Events/Town",
                      "Entries": {
                      "34/f Penny 500/t 900 1400/w sunny": "50s/49 64/farmer 43 64 1 Penny 59 69 1 George 49 64 0 Gus 37 70 3 Abigail -100 -100 2/skippable/pause 700/emote George 28/pause 500/speak George \"*Sigh*... How am I going to reach that letter in the back?$s\"/move Penny -3 0 0/move Penny 0 -5 3/move Penny -3 0 3/emote Penny 16/pause 300/speed Penny 4/move Penny -3 0 3/faceDirection George 1/pause 400/showFrame Penny 20/pause 400/speak Penny \"Here, let me help you, Mr. Mullner!\"/pause 400/speed Penny 2/move Penny 0 1 3/move Penny -2 0 0/move Penny 0 -1 1/positionOffset Penny 2 0/pause 50/showFrame Penny 5/positionOffset Penny 2 0/pause 50/showFrame Penny 4/positionOffset Penny 2 0/pause 50/showFrame Penny 5/positionOffset Penny 2 0/pause 50/showFrame Penny 4/showFrame Penny 21/move George 1 0 1 true/emote George 16/positionOffset Penny 2 0/pause 50/showFrame Penny 22/positionOffset Penny 2 0/pause 50/faceDirection Penny 1/move Penny 1 0 1/pause 400/faceDirection Penny 0/playSound openBox/pause 600/faceDirection George 3/faceDirection Penny 1/speak Penny \"There you go!$h\"/pause 300/emote George 12/speak George \"Hmmph. I could've done it myself! And I can certainly move around on my own!$u#$b#How feeble do you think I am?\"/move farmer 5 0 1/pause 200/faceDirection George 3/emote George 8/faceDirection Penny 3/speak Penny \"$q 71 null#@? You were watching us?#$r 71 50 event_mail1#I was. You did a kind thing there, Penny.#$r 71 -50 event_mail2#You should've left him alone. Now he's grumpy.#$r 71 -10 event_mail3#You should have asked him if he wanted help first.#$r 71 0 event_mail4#I'm just taking a walk, minding my own business.\"/pause 400/faceDirection George 2/pause 800/showFrame George 16/pause 500/emote George 28/pause 1000/faceDirection Penny 1/speak George \"*sigh*...No, no... I'm sorry, miss. I shouldn't have gotten so angry.$s\"/pause 500/faceDirection George 3/pause 400/speak George \"It was actually very kind of you to help me out.\"/pause 400/speak Penny \"That's okay, Mr. Mullner. I understand.\"/warp Abigail 44 1/pause 500/move Abigail 0 8 2 true/move George 7 0 0 false/pause 550/move Abigail -18 0 2 true/warp George -1 -1/playSound doorClose/pause 600/emote Penny 28/pause 700/faceDirection Penny 3/playMusic spring_day_ambient/pause 600/speak Penny \"$q -1 null#It must be difficult to grow old...$u#$r -1 0 event_old1#I'd rather not think about it.#$r -1 0 event_old2#It's just a different part of life.#$r -1 0 event_old3#That's why we should respect our elders.#$r -1 0 event_old4#I'd rather die young...\"/pause 500/emote Penny 40/faceDirection Penny 2/pause 500/faceDirection Penny 3/speak Penny \"Well, it was interesting talking to you, @. I should go.$u\"/showFrame Penny 20/pause 500/showFrame Penny 12/pause 900/move Penny 6 0 2 true/globalFade/viewport -1000 -1000/end"
                      }
                  }
              ]
          }

• flameofnight

flameofnight Void-Bound Voyager

I did a few more conversions, mostly for Shane stuff. Also someone posted a conversion of Stardew Lottery Letters, but it used load instead of editdata, so it conflicted with other mods I use. I changed it to use editdata instead. I'll alert the mod authors and let them know. Also please note that in the case of the Better Married Shane conversions, I only did Shane's marriage dialogue, and not every other villager like the original mod includes. (Too much work!)

Attached Files:

• Ziggs

Ziggs Void-Bound Voyager

• Pookachu_

thanks i found the cp for it under "gold clock" if anyone else is looking for just the clock

• randomlybookish

randomlybookish Subatomic Cosmonaut

There is a CP version for Vintage Elliot already on the mod’s page I’m pretty sure.

• hugbeam

hugbeam Void-Bound Voyager

• flameofnight

OK, I posted that edit of Stardew Lottery Letters, but in my own save file I still got the unaltered letter from mom. Would someone be able to take a look at my content file and see if I did something wrong? SMAPI seems to load it without issue, it just doesn't seem to actually make the change.

Edit: the file is on my other post 8 posts up.

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Your target includes the Content directory, and it should not. Instead just use "Data/mail". Also, one of the entries (mom2) has a "\n" and some extra whitespace at the front that can be removed.

flameofnight likes this.
                    • flameofnight

Great, thank you! I actually saw that \n formatting thing in both the original mod's xnb and the most recent mail.xnb when I unpacked it to check, so I left it in just for safety's sake. I'll make that change and update my uploaded file. I appreciate it!

Edit: works like a charm. Thanks again.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
                      • Pookachu_

I tried searching to see if this has already been made into a [cp] and didn't find anything but a ton of siv's marriage stuff......

if someone has time I would love to have this back https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1454

thanks!

• Roseri

Roseri Void-Bound Voyager

Would anybody be willing to convert the mod I made for content patcher? I've attempted to do it myself but I am a little tech illiterate and cannot make sense of anything lol. Thanks!

Attached Files:

• foggywizard

foggywizard Big Damn Hero

Here you go.

Attached Files:

• LyraHarp

LyraHarp Big Damn Hero

The slime hutch doesn't exist it appears as a well. Do you have a bugfix for that? Because I'm pretty sure the slime hutch isn't supposed to look like this.
                              https://i.imgur.com/EAAxRlf.png

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

There is a mistake in their content.json that loads the well image instead of the slime hutch. I corrected the line that needed it, but had to zip the file to post it here:

Attached Files:

• paladinofthelantern

paladinofthelantern Void-Bound Voyager

Could you please look into fixing the CP Version of Vintage Elliot too. I believe I would get the same error as Setara.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

I just tried the Vintage Elliot and it loads correctly. I went down to the beach and talked to Elliot to verify that both the sprite and portrait were working correctly.

Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.