1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Where is Novakid artifact?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by TheMrAdam, Oct 27, 2018.

1. TheMrAdam

TheMrAdam Astral Cartographer

Why Novakid's don't have artifact, and quest?They are popular race, and they need a quest.We don't have any necessary Novakid character? Developer's are going to make novakid's artifact and quest? Cuz i don't saw any news about this. What are you thinking about this, guys?

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Yes you're right, there are no Novakid quest or artifact at the moment. Just like you, I hope they integrate the Novakid with the main storyline. There are still no news about they're going to add it though.

3. TheMrAdam

Wow, wow, you are so fast. I hop they (developers), saw my post, and think about it.

Cuddlefish make Novakid slyly. "So unconcerned are they with what happened before now, they have forgotten their own origins, having never bothered to catalog their history.".It means thats artifact is lost in the space. But it's not meas that SB don't need a Novakid quest, artifact, and character.
    P. S. I'm not from England, and i bad knew english, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2018
  4. Skyfall927

Skyfall927 Void-Bound Voyager

I've heard rumors that novakids not having an artifact has to do with their origin... But I have no idea honestly.

5. Daikon Ocelot

Maybe the idea is to find their artifact we need to search their origin first. Therefore the location of the artifact will be reveal. It is just my idea though, I don't what they're really planning on Novakid.

6. TheMrAdam

It's really strange.I mean robots(glich) have a artifact.How? "Built by an unknown race", they isn't created by God, but his gave them artifact.But Novakid created by God,and they hasn't artifact.Ahhhh...

7. Daikon Ocelot

Well, the artifacts were given to all races of the universe by the Cultivator. And only the chosen race, Human, Floran, Hylotl, Avian, Apex, and Glitch. Sadly, the Novakid were not given, even though they are one of the major race, and I don't know the reason yet, but maybe it is because the Novakid are a new race in Starbound. Novakid are actually a bonus race promised by the dev after reaching a certain amount of sale, I forgot the amount.

TheMrAdam likes this.
  8. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Novakids could not have been given an artifact, for they are remnants of the Cultivator itself

9. TheMrAdam

I don't saw any information about Novakids is remnants of the Cultivator...

10. Skyfall927

Skyfall927 Void-Bound Voyager

I actually saw that theory on tv tropes but will personally see it as theory until confirmation.

11. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It is confirmed by the Novakid ending that they were born of the leftover fragments of the Cultivator iirc, or at least strongly implied.

The actual reason is that novakids were a stretch goal for the kickstarter and so are an "extra" or "bonus" race even though they're playable in the vanilla game.

12. TheMrAdam

Sorry...Novakid ending?

13. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When you beat the game as a Novakid it has different text...I think. It's been ages so I might be wrong.

14. TheMrAdam

Okey... i try to find this text

15. Maethendias

Maethendias Phantasmal Quasar

the reason the novakid have no artifacts is
    1 they are an INCREDIBLY young race, they werent even there for the whole "ancient" thing, so even if they had some artifacts it wouldnt really matter for the storyline

2 novakid are like the EPITOME of adhd, so i doubt they would even be ABLE to "have" artifacts considering their interests are way too sporadic

Kordharin likes this.
  16. TheMrAdam

Yeah... but if Glith's(ROBOT's CREATED BY UNKNOWN RACE), have artifact, why Novakid's cant have it?

17. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Hm? What mod is that?

18. TheMrAdam

Mod?What are you thinking about?

19. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

Novakids are heavily implied to be the remnants of The Cultivator after they died/shattered after the fight with The Ruin. Even playing as a Novakid when you inspect Ancient objects the character says they have a faint memory of it. Novakids can't have an artifact because The Cultivator isn't even alive or whole anymore by the time Novakid exist since obviously they came after the shattering. How would The Cultivator know they would've created a brand new species after they died?

20. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Who's Glith?