RELEASED More Butterflies!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mel Noelle, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Mel Noelle

Mel Noelle Tentacle Wrangler

[​IMG]

Hi! I made some butterflies to fill my maps up, and thought I'd share! First time making a mod for like any game ever. Stardew Valley is probably my favorite game ever too lol.

Add more butterflies to your game! This does NOT take the place of the critters already in the game, this adds MORE via the Custom Critters mod! These are a little bit bigger than the vanilla ones, float a little more lazily but with the same cute aimless fluttering!
    (note - the butterflies in game do not have a white border, that was added to the banner/preview pics for better visibility)

Choose between 3 packs - or mix and match! OR add them all! Each pack has different butterflies for spring/summer, fall, and winter! If you don't want any particular set, simply remove their folders! See pictures for previews! (spring/summer are currently the same set that spawn in both seasons - the folders are labeled "spring" though because I'm hoping to make more variety to add to summer later!)

• "Various Species" includes real ones such as black swallowtails, luna moths, peacock butterflies, and more! Fall recolors some and adds some more, and winter has icy recolors and some fantasy ones too.
    • "Vibrant Rainbows" includes rainbow recolors of a few of the more striking butterflies, with the full rainbow for spring/summer, fall colors for fall, and cool blues for winter.
    • "Pastel Rainbows" is the same as the previous pack, but in less saturated, lighter pastels!

[​IMG]
    Various Pack! Spring/Summer, Fall, Winter!

[​IMG]
    Vibrant Rainbow Pack! Spring/Summer 1, 2, 3, 4, Fall, Winter!

[​IMG]
    Pastel Rainbow Pack! Spring/Summer 1, 2, 3, 4, Fall, Winter!

[​IMG]
    ALL packs installed, and spawn rate increased!

[​IMG]
    Spring - Various pack!

[​IMG]
    Summer - Vibrant pack!

[​IMG]
    Fall - Pastel pack!

[​IMG]
    Winter - Vibrant pack!

Install -
    1. You must download and install the unofficial update of Custom Critters, from here: Custom Critters 1.2.3-unofficial.2 by Mizzion
    2. Download and unzip chosen butterfly files!
    3. Move "Critters" folder INTO the "CustomCritters" folder. (or merge with existing critters folder)
      So, Mods --> CustomCritters (unofficial update version) --> Critters --> butterfly folders!

Customization!
    Would you like to customize your butterflies - how much they spawn, what seasons they do? It's really easy!
    Inside each of the butterfly folders is a "critter.json" file - open with notepad or the like.
    Scroll down to "SpawnConditions". Where it says "Seasons", you can change that to any or all of the four seasons: [ "spring", "summer", "fall", "winter" ] Locations lists the places they can spawn! See here for a list of all location names in the game.
    Scroll down to "SpawnAttempts". The default is 20, but you can decrease that, or even increase as much as you want. I've had up to 800 butterflies spawned at once, be prepared for lag and zero visibility though!

OTHER MODS PICTURED IN SCREENSHOT:
    The BEAUTIFUL full-scale map redo, Flower Valley!
    Also, Eemie's Map Recolor! AND Cute Long Hairstyles!

I'm thinking about making more sprites, some more fantasy ones for winter, or for the caves, and for other species to add to give variety to spring and summer! Let me know any species or designs you think would be nice to have!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
      staarfruit and Darkcedars like this.
    • Mel Noelle

I'm having trouble attaching the files, it's telling me I'm spam, heh. Let's try attaching them to a new reply post instead!

Attached Files:

• Erossavia

Erossavia Void-Bound Voyager

I love it. Having a horrible day and yet just looking at the screen is enough to make me smile. :) And yep, I'm using them all. Butterfly explosion! lol

Attached Files:

staarfruit and Mel Noelle like this.
        • Mel Noelle

Aww I hope everything's ok bro! I'm glad these helped you smile :) Thank you for the screenshot! First time seeing them in someone's game woo!!

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Here's another ingame shot, then: BusStop.png

staarfruit, Darkcedars and Mel Noelle like this.
            • Mel Noelle

Aww thank you! That's awesome!! I feel encouraged enough to make a thousand butterflies lol!

• staarfruit

staarfruit Pangalactic Porcupine

I heard you like screenshots, so have a screenshot and a gif, I was bored and I like to change my farmers clothes a lot. >>
                Also a couple of the butterflies might be from Eemie and Mi's butterfly mod, I have both theirs and yours in my game right now, I may love mods a little too much...

[​IMG]
                [​IMG]

Mel Noelle likes this.
                • Mel Noelle

Ooh I love it, thank you! And the gif!! I need to figure out how to make those. They're lovely, very artistic! And your little farmer is adorable!! I also change my outfit several times a day. Drives my husband mad when we try to play multiplayer lol
                  I love Eemie & Mi's too!! And Elle's! I actually asked them if I could edit their butterflies to include in my mod, as a bonus, for people who want a thousand eemie butterflies AND elle's AND the base game ones. That's why I started this mod actually, cause I wanted more of their butterflies, but then I wanted EVEN MOOOORE so here I am.

staarfruit likes this.
                  • staarfruit

staarfruit Pangalactic Porcupine

Gif's are actually not hard to make at all, especially with the newer versions of Photoshop where you can import the video as frames. I suggest looking at youtube or maybe even tumblr for a tutorial. I'm not sure how hard it is in GIMP as I've never used GIMP before, but if you use Photoshop and have questions I'd be happy to try and help you out, just shoot me a message. :)

But yeah the majority of my visual mods in my game are by Eemie or Mi, they make some amazing mods. And your butterflies are beautiful, they definitely make me smile when I see them in my game. <3

• Erossavia

Erossavia Void-Bound Voyager

More butterflies...just because. :) Along with prettier void chickens and some better looking cows. ;) 20181026054439_1.jpg

Mel Noelle and staarfruit like this.
                      • Mel Noelle

Dude I had no idea photoshop/gimp could do that!! I meant to reply yesterday but I ended up googling gimp gif tutorials and spent all day playing with that LOL! Thank you for the heads up!! I'm gonna make some for this mod and update it now!

Looking at my mods, I think most of mine are by them too, including furniture and everything, heh. They are amazing!

staarfruit likes this.
                        • Mel Noelle

Awww!!! I saw that farm ranch mod on nexus! It's so cute! You did a great job on it!