Modding Discussion A place to discuss map editing and other related stuff

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

The vanilla farm has an Action: Mailbox property on the tile with the post of the mailbox (Buildings layer) which your map does not have. Try setting that property.

HopeWasHere likes this.
    • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Oh, it's on the post in the building layer? I tried on the background layer and the front layer on top of the mailbox itself, I'll give this a try, thank you!

Edit: Yep, that was my problem, thank you so much for your help!

• RogueAce

RogueAce Big Damn Hero

Ok I am back. After watching and learning. I feel I have a much better grip on tIDE.

My map is almost ready! I just have one issue. I created some ground clutter on the paths later. Standard paths tileset stuff. However not all of it is showing up! All the other paths stuff on the map is fine. Most of the stuff I played down is not showing up.

I will try to get a screen shot when I get home.

• coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

Noob question guys,
          How to change the open/close schedule of NPCs' houses?

Motipper likes this.
          • MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

On the Building Layer, there is a Tile Property on the bottom half of the door that has an "Action" that looks like this "LockedDoorWarp 2 24 HaleyHouse 900 2000". The last two values are the open & close times

coldazrael and Motipper like this.
            • Ladybug14

Ladybug14 Big Damn Hero

Hi, so a newbie here, and I'm looked (going to page 23) but I can't find how to make maps bigger. Like taking a map from 80x80 to 110x110. I tried following the one thing I could find (where I change every layer to the size I want and then I select upper left corner) but nothing happened.
              ahaahah.PNG help.PNG it the same.PNG
              As you can see nothing happened when I followed the instuction. I'm really frustrated at this point. I can find help for everthing but this! please if some one could explain what I'm doing wrong that would be more then great!

• Stardews

Stardews Void-Bound Voyager

i have the same issue... i dont have any .yaml files at all???? only the pngs and the text files?? how do i extract the .yaml's?

• foggywizard

foggywizard Big Damn Hero

Anyone know if it's possible to make a map spawn boulders like the Secret Woods does stumps? I'm trying to get a custom map working that either spawns the boulders the farm starts out with for easy mining exp farming (since I've never seen any indication that the "normal" rocks and boulders in the mine give exp), or acts like the quarry. Both would be preferable, tbh, since the map was designed to be an extension of the quarry, and an area to grind for rocks if you're upgrading a lot of things very quickly.

• .Lavender.

.Lavender. Pangalactic Porcupine

So something I've wondered for a while - is it possible to use TIDE or Tiled to get house edits to read where the wallpaper should go? I have made edits before to my maps, and have to make covers or something since it uses the default wooding paneling.

• mintgee

mintgee Orbital Explorer

does anyone know how i can edit the stairs to the cellar? there doesn't seem to be a separate map for the final house upgrade, so i have no idea how i can change them :s

[​IMG]

• putaytoe

putaytoe Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not 1000% sure what you mean here, I'm assuming you want to change the look of the stairs and not the location of them? I can't help with changing the location of them (bc I know nothing in that realm) buuuut, if you want to change the look of them, I know it pulls those tiles from TownInterior.xnb, so I'd search for those tiles on towninterior. not sure which part you're missing for the borders, since you have them changed in the house already, though my guess is maybe you forgot and only changed one of the towninterior.xnb files (they're in Content and also Content/Maps, I'm fairly certain. Anyway, included an attachment to show you where the stairs for the cellar are on TownInterior (be warned: changing the look of these will also affect how the stairs look in the Community Center, as those tiles are also used there).
                        Sorry for my verbosity, I'm kinda new myself and I get a little rambly explaining stuff ^^;;

Attached Files:

• mintgee

mintgee Orbital Explorer

aah yeah, i edited the TownInterior.xnb tilesheet at first but i didn't want to change buildings outside the farm (the pastel life isn't for everyone lol), so for now my solution was to make new tiles and edit the farm building maps to use the new tiles, which was how i did the borders, but it seems like the last house upgrade doesn't have its own map... it seems like when you get the final upgrade, it just uses the previous farmhouse map (FarmHouse2.xnb) and sticks the cellar stairs on top :( but thanks for helping, dw your explanation was really good! c:

edit:
                          okay i got a workaround solution by adding the cellar to the second house upgrade c: it makes the game a bit easier since you don't have to pay for the cellar now but you know... aesthetic comes first hehe

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
                            putaytoe likes this.
                          • princessiphi

princessiphi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are there any multiplayer farm map mods out there that extend the size of the standard farm map *without* removing the large pond? I can only seem to find one that removes both ponds. Small pond be damned, but the large pond is so pretty and makes the map more interesting!

• putaytoe

putaytoe Void-Bound Voyager

in version 1.3 (current stable), did something change the way Warps work? I ask because I have an xnb custom Greenhouse I downloaded and converted to CP (just with load function) that has a few "floors" to the greenhouse, and over the summer when it was still in beta this greenhouse worked fine in CP, but now that the stable version is out and I'm playing that, the warps that make the stairs take you to other "floors" within the greenhouse no longer function. I tried unpacking it and loading the tbin instead, changing the warps slightly (I thought maybe it was that I couldn't quite reach the tiles initiating the warp, but that wasn't it either). I'm gonna include the original xnb I downloaded (in case something I finangled messed it up - but I can't get the original to work either to be clear), and if you're more skilled than I am at map editing, could you give it a try and let me know what changed/what's wrong/why you think it isn't working? Thanks for your consideration. orz

again, here's the link to the xnb

• Gypsea

Gypsea Void-Bound Voyager

Ace has about 5 restyles of each of the default maps. Not all are pictured, but many pond/water variations to choose from :)

Edit: forgot the link
                                https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/988

• princessiphi

princessiphi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

thank you so much! this is just the thing I was looking for <3

Gypsea likes this.
                                  • Althis

Althis Big Damn Hero

Hey guys, I am currently trying my hand at modding. I am using Community Farm as a template, as my friends and I have been playing it lately.

I have been looking but I can't seem to find any information about map properties (I am using Tiled, and there is a tab that shows all map properties). How do I get hardwood stumps to regenerate, fruit bushes to produce fruit, edit the available fish in the farm, and set up a quarry? I can't seem to track down any information on any of these.

I have tried to disassemble the foraging farm and the mining farm to no avail. Anyone know?

• Yuripon

Yuripon Void-Bound Voyager

Im trying to make a mod that replaces (or more like covers) the shipping bin with the festival store stall, and so i recolored the stall
                                      and added to it to make it match my map but when I put it in game using tide it just shows the default store stall? without
                                      any of my changes, I have no clue what Im doing wrong OTL

• sharmaine

sharmaine Void-Bound Voyager

Does anyone know if it's possible to add new/additional layers to FarmHouse2.tbin? For example, I want to add a new layer on top of my Back layer and under the Buildings layer and Front layer, but when I do, the tiles aren't showing up correctly. Are we only allowed to have Back, Buildings, and Front layers and nothing else?

• foggywizard

foggywizard Big Damn Hero

Pretty much, yeah. I think the layers are named as they are so that the game's code can read them. So it wouldn't include any layers that it can't read. The only real solution here would be to make a new tilesheet that has the overlaps you were wanting (since I assume that's what you were going for, with it being over Back, but under Buildings?), and use those for the tiles you wanted.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.