1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help How protect my server from cheaters?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by autohost, Oct 17, 2018.

1. autohost

autohost Void-Bound Voyager

Vanilla server. How can I prevent players from connecting to my server with their super/hacked single-player characters?
    They should only be able to use a character that was created for my server, and is saved on my server, and CANNOT be played on their own computer in single-player mode (to prevent cheating). Ideally, that character would ONLY be saved on my server, not their PC.

Is that even possible at this time? Because if its not currently possible, in my opinion, its useless to even run a Starbound server at this time.

2. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Care to tell what type of hacks or cheats do these characters have?

3. autohost

autohost Void-Bound Voyager

In single-player, a person can play a character for a long time and get good equipment or even cheat in rare equipment for themselves. Then, they join my server with that character, with a cheating advantage over players who only play their character on the server.

4. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

There should be those servers that needs you to use newly created chars only to join dunno how they do that though..