Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redawilo

Redawilo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

HEY! Creator of the XL Giant Greenhouse here! Would you mind if I uploaded your CP version to Nexus Mods? I would of course credit you for it, but I'd like to be able to keep an eye on any and all versions of my greenhouses.
    Also I would appreciate it if you would ask permission before uploading something like this in the future.

• foggywizard

foggywizard Big Damn Hero

That's fine. Giving me credit is not necessary, as it's just a Content Patcher conversion. Do you also want me to make a version of your standard Giant Greenhouse? I could even make it to where it's configurable, and you can choose between standard and XL without having to put in a whole new file. Tbh, I originally had no intention of uploading the XL one at all. I'd made it for personal use, and personal use only, but I thought it might help with testing the greenhouse bug the other user was having (granted, I didn't word it as such. Just kind of put it there as bait and hoped they'd take it and we'd find out if the bug happened playing with it or not), and so I uploaded it to see if it would help. If you'd like, I can also take it down from here.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
      • Redawilo

Even though it's just a conversion, it's still something I didn't do. So credit where credit is due! As for doing the regular version (or even a configurable one), that would be awesome of you! And I don't mind the file being here, I'd just like to have at least known about it before some random person made a post about it on the Nexus page.

• foggywizard

Here you go! Configs and everything.

Attached Files:

TheUnknownMutant likes this.
          • Redawilo

Thanks! But I tried using it myself just to test it and it's giving me an error.
            https://log.smapi.io/wyKvfwHE

• foggywizard

Fixed now! I forgot a few brackets when adding the lines to make it configurable. I should not mod tired.

• Redawilo

Works great, thanks!

• rubyphilomela

rubyphilomela Space Spelunker

thanks for converting this but I get this error when trying to run it on the latest version of the beta.

[ContentPatcher] unhandled exception applying patch: Sailor Moon Mod > EditImage Characters/Farmer/hairstyles.xnb.
                  System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The file 'assets\hairstyles.xnb' does not exist in the Sailor Moon Mod content patch folder.
                  at ContentPatcher.Framework.ManagedContentPack.Load[T](String key) in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\ContentPatcher\Framework\ManagedContentPack.cs:line 42
                  at ContentPatcher.Framework.Patches.EditImagePatch.Edit[T](IAssetData asset) in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\ContentPatcher\Framework\Patches\EditImagePatch.cs:line 77
                  at ContentPatcher.Framework.PatchManager.Edit[T](IAssetData asset) in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\ContentPatcher\Framework\PatchManager.cs:line 125

• foggywizard

Yeah. Looks like I set it to pull from xnb instead of png. I really need to stop modding when I'm tired. Anyhow, here's the fixed version.

Attached Files:

• breatemata

breatemata Subatomic Cosmonaut

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
                    • Ensifera

Ensifera Aquatic Astronaut

Attached Files:

shorty_shubbs and PandaNikita like this.
                    • fishies11

fishies11 Intergalactic Tourist

Question for the modders- I'd like to recolor a CP farm map (Ali's Secret Forest Map, converted to CP by Techonrye) to match Stargrime Visual Overhaul, converted by ColdAzrael. But I can't figure out how to do this. When I unpack the Secret Forest Map I get a TBIN file and a YAML file, but I'm not sure what to do from there. For my other mods I've just been editing the PNGs in photoshop.

Sorry, my google-fu has failed me on this one.

• foggywizard

Have you tried running the farm *without* doing anything to it? Because Stargrime should *automatically* make it look like Stargrime. The pngs its tbin draws from are already changed by Stargrime. To explain, there are tilesheets you can edit to change the overall look of maps. This is how you recolor things, by changing their tilesheets, which *are* pngs. Examples of this are in popular tilesheet mods, like A Toned Down Stardew Valley, Eemie's Map Recolor, Starblue Valley, or the aforementioned Stargrime valley. tbins are more for when you want to make changes to the map layout itself, like putting a lake being your house, a hot spring behind joja mart, or making the secret woods bigger. Examples of this would be Ace's expanded series, Even more Secret Woods, any of Allyana's works, or your mentioned Ali's Secret Forest Map.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
                        • fishies11

fishies11 Intergalactic Tourist

Thank you! Turns out it was an issue with the CP conversion of Stargrime. I've got it working now.

• xhoney_bunnyx

xhoney_bunnyx Void-Bound Voyager

• foggywizard

That is neither a replacer nor a map, so no. That is a custom tilesheet set used to make custom maps. It is already technically compatible with the game, no CP needed, you just have to be able to customise maps yourself in order to use it. You could then load the custom map you made with it into the game via content patcher though.

• Lilith123

Lilith123 Orbital Explorer

Oh my god. Really. Thank you so much for this, this is my all time favorite portrait mod and i could not make it work for the life of me. I've been so desperate that i was looking at tutorials about how to make mods just so that i could get this to work somehow. I will be eternally grateful! (i started screaming when i saw it lol)

• Starbound Sailor Moon

Starbound Sailor Moon Industrial Terraformer

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
                              • Ensifera

Ensifera Aquatic Astronaut

Starbound Sailor Moon likes this.
                              • Starbound Sailor Moon

Starbound Sailor Moon Industrial Terraformer

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
                              Thread Status:
                              Not open for further replies.