Bug on TIMESPINNER

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sir de France, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Sir de France

Sir de France Space Hobo

Hello Lunar Ray Games !!!
    I bought TIMESPINNER, I love it. The game works well, but not the backups. The game does not save at all ! So every time I die or turn off the game, I have to start all over again. Can you tell me what to do, or maybe update it to fix this problem please ?
    I have the windows version of STEAM. My computer is very powerful: I have a CORE I7 4.2Ghz processor, GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb graphics card, and 32Gb RAM.
    Sorry for my English but I am French and I use a translator.

Thank you
    Sir of France

Sorry, I already wrote you about 30 minutes ago but I want to give you more information.
    In the game, when I get to a savepoint, I get this message : FAILED TO SAVE GAME. THE APPLICATION IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO WRITE FILES.
    I have WINDOWS 10 (the last version because I update it all the time).
    Forgive me for this second message.

Sir de France

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2018
    • Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please stick with only one topic for this. I removed the duplicate topic and merged the resulting doublepost here.
      If you want to make additions to your post please edit it instead of opening up a new topic.

Sir de France likes this.
      • LunarRayGames

LunarRayGames Developer

Your computer is not allowing the game to write to its natural save directory:
        C:\Users\[USERNAME]\My Documents\SavedGames\Timespinner\Timespinner\AllPlayers

Sir de France likes this.
        • Sir de France

Sir de France Space Hobo

Yes I know. I saw the message of "andrewclunn" and you told him this location for the backup files (for the save). But I've tried many things to get there : change my administrator settings, change files properties, uninstall the game and reinstall it... Nothing works !
          But from what I understand, it's rather a problem with my computer than the game itself.
          So I will continue to look for other solutions and if it does not work, too bad. I would try to play the game in one go without dying. Because I love TIMESPINNER and I do not want to miss it.
          Thank you very much for responding.
          I hope you will do other very good games like this.

Bye

Sir de France

• neospriss

neospriss Big Damn Hero

Is there any way to changed the save directory?

I can't even seem to find that directory. I tried creating it based on the directory that was posted and making sure permissions were for full administrator but that still isn't working.

Any other suggestions?

• LunarRayGames

LunarRayGames Developer

Neopriss: Where does your computer think "My Documents" is supposed to go?

• neospriss

neospriss Big Damn Hero

"My documents" doesn't exist, however it seems like it has the default "documents" going to OneDrive. I added the correct directories and now I get an error looking for TSSave.sav

• neospriss

neospriss Big Damn Hero

Got it fixed. Turns out Microsoft Defender was blocked the write access to that directory, but I had some setting that prevented it from notifying me of the blocked access.

Sorry, was a bit frustrated, knew it was my computer and not the game and just wanted to play a great game!

Thanks!

• LunarRayGames

LunarRayGames Developer

I'm glad you got it sorted out!