RELEASED [SMAPI] Lookup Anything

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

2. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

3. zZzG@BzZz

zZzG@BzZz Space Hobo

Hi I have installed SMAPI 2.7 on my stardew folder and I have run the mod but the mod menu wont open. The "P" button is not working how do i fix this?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• zZzG@BzZz

zZzG@BzZz Space Hobo

thanks I will unzip and check if it works.

• zZzG@BzZz

zZzG@BzZz Space Hobo

I did everything you said but still it not working. I already unzip it in the Mods folder still the menu bar is the old one. How can I fix this?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@zZzG@BzZz CJB Cheats Menu adds a new menu, it doesn't change any of the existing ones. It should appear when you press P in-game when a menu isn't already open. If that doesn't work, can you upload your SMAPI log (see instructions on that page) and post a link here?

• zZzG@BzZz

zZzG@BzZz Space Hobo

@Pathoschild Yes I know it should add more but it seems the additional is not showing. This is the SMAPI log https://log.smapi.io/u02re74R sorry if I am such a noob on this I really like to play this game with the mods.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@zZzG@BzZz It doesn't seem to be installed. Can you post a screenshot of the C:\GOG Games\Stardew Valley\Mods folder?

• zZzG@BzZz

zZzG@BzZz Space Hobo

I see i have done what the instruction says here is the screenshot of my c:\GOG Games\Stardew Valley\Mods
                Untitled.jpg Untitled2.jpg

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• zZzG@BzZz

zZzG@BzZz Space Hobo

I see, now I know why it was not working. Unfortunately I don't have the the "CJB Cheats Menu" downloaded and I don't know and I don't think I can download it. But thanks anyway for your help.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@zZzG@BzZz Why can't you download it? Don't forget you need to login on Nexus to download. (Registering an account is free, just skip down past the payment options.)

• Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

It's a great mod to look info up without having to go back to the wiki, I love it!

If I can make a suggestion for the future if it's not to complicated, I would add data for the fish so the chart for each one includes the season(s), place, schedule and weather each can be caught.
                      That be good info to have available as well.

nitvala likes this.
                      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Hakuna Matata Thanks for the suggestion! I do want to add that in a future version, but there's no timeline since I'm mainly focusing on SMAPI and helping update mods to the new version of the game first.

Hakuna Matata likes this.
                        • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Lookup Anything 1.20 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3.31-beta only.)

Release notes:
                          • Added support for looking up a load-game slot.
                          • Added farm type to player lookup.
                          • Added neutral gifts to NPC lookup.
                          • Data mining fields are now listed in alphabetical order.
                          • Data mining mode now shows property values too.
                          • Fixed display issues when returning to the previous menu after a lookup in some cases.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Lookup Anything 1.21 is now available!

Release notes:
                            • Added building lookups. That includes general info (like name and description) and info specific to barns, coops, cabins, Junimo huts, mills, silos, slime hutches, and stables.
                            • Added support for lookups from the cooking, crafting, and collection menus.
                            • Added times cooked/crafted to item lookups. (Thanks to watson81!)
                            • Added 'needed for' support for Gourmet Chef and Craft Master achivements. (Thanks to watson81!)
                            • After clicking a link in a lookup menu, closing the new lookup now returns you to the previous one.
                            • Fixed previous menu not restored when HideOnKeyUp option is enabled.
                            • Fixed visual bug on social tab after lookup when zoom is exactly 100%.
                            • Fixed debug fields showing wrong values in rare cases when an item was customised after it was spawned.
                            • Improved translations. Thanks to Nanogamer7 (German)!

• Juku121

Juku121 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm running SDV 1.3.33, SMAPI 2.10.1, Content Patcher 1.6.3, Lookup Anything 1.21.0, and some 220 other mods. Apparently, the plain content.json-style Content Patcher data injection method is somehow conflicting with Lookup Anything (and also Foxyfficiency).

To wit, when I try to look up an object that's not even been modified (but other items in the ObjectInformation table have been), I get the error
                              System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
                              This traces through System.Number.StringToNumber, ...ParseInt32, Pathoschild.Stardew.LookupAnything.Dataparser (ln 64), ...Framework.Subjects.ItemSubject (ln 586), Sysyem.Linq.Buffer, ...OrderedEnumerable, Enumerable, Buffer, Enumerable, ItemSubject (lns 520 and 125), Buffer, Enumerable, ...Components.LookupMenu (ln 94), ...ModEntry (ln 240), ...Common.CommonHelper.InterceptErrors (ln 324).

If it helps, Foxyfficiency outputs constant errors to the SMAPI log when there's an item (again, being in ObjectInformation is enough, doesn't need to be actually modified) in inventory and the latter is opened. These errors again start with StringToNumber and ParseInt32, although the trace diverges after that.

Removing the data mod (customised Unoffic Balance Patch) fixes all that, so the problem must be in the interplay between Lookup Anything and the method employed by the UBP.

As an aside, I've seen similar issues (custom Machine names don't show up) with Better Crafting.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
                              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Juku121 It sounds like the Unofficial Balance Patch author accidentally injected invalid data into the game, which is causing crashes when the game tries to read it. It's not related to Content Patcher itself or the other mods, it's just the data they're injecting. I suggest reporting it to that mod's author so they can look into it.