RELEASED [SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader 1.4.7

Helps modders modify the in-game locations!

1. SunTide

SunTide Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for the update!

Do the various packages for this mod that already exist need to be rewritten? I get a crash when I use Androxilogin's mods, but that might be me doing something silly.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Please provide your https://log.smapi.io as we cannot confirm or deny your question without it.

• SunTide

Be happy to. https://log.smapi.io/sAM3F3MC

Game crashes when I load and/or create a new game. Happens when I use Androxilogin's mods (Expandexd Crevices, VIP, Tree Life, Cleanup Crew). Problem stops if I remove them from ALL's location folder.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@SunTide Thanks for reporting it! I'll take a look and post a new update soon. If you remove Expanded Crevices temporarily, the other location mods should work fine.

I also suggest moving the "backup", "Editor", and "Suntide backup" folders out of C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves to avoid the other errors in your log.

• Pookachu_

Pookachu_ Void-Bound Voyager

Sept. 2018: mod needs updating please! With the newest patch being live this mod no longer works

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@SunTide Can you try this version and let know whether everything works fine?

Attached Files:

• SunTide

That works! All of the mods I mentioned in my last post load correctly and function just fine. Thanks! It's good to have ALL back.

Pathoschild likes this.
                • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thanks for testing! I'll post this update on Nexus tomorrow.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

rubyphilomela likes this.
                  • SunTide

Oh man I feel like a jerk making more requests when you've done so much, but would it be non-trivial to compile a 1.3.28 version of ALL? As you know, 1.3.29 broke almost everything, and it will be a long time before some of my favorite mods get updated. I would just stick to 1.3.28, but ALL has a had a weird update history and skipped that SDV version. I would be super happy if we had a non-beta ALL and I could just opt out of the beta and go back to using my precious precious mods :)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@SunTide Sorry! I'd rather update more mods instead of maintaining multiple versions of each update, but hopefully Stardew Valley 1.3.31 will be out of beta soon. The mod is open-source if someone wants to create an unofficial update for 1.3.28 though.

• SunTide

No worries, I 100% understand. I was hoping it would be something simple, like just compiling under slightly different conditions or something. I agree that your (limited, unpaid) time and energy is best spent progressing other mods.

Here's hoping that SDV stops breaking so many mods each update.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Unfortunately that isnt the case, if a version of SDV breaks a mod that is because a assumption that the mod makes about SDV (As is required when not having a proxy in place, like with SDV) is no longer true.
                          Thus, parts of the mod (It can be as small as changing capitalization, to as large as completely rewriting a class) need to be modified for this change.

Unless pathos sees fit to create a proxy interface in SMAPI, SDV updates are always going to end up breaking at least some mods, and the more complex a mod is, the more likely it is to break :(

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• YeCool

YeCool Space Hobo

IT DOES NOT WORK WITH SDV 1.3.35. What's the problem?!? :cry::cry: Can you fix it?

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do you have an error log, or anything to go along with the "this doesn't work" claim? No one is able to solve your problem unless they can see the error

• naengmewn

naengmewn Space Hobo

This is the error log that comes up for me:

[SMAPI] Skipped mods
                                [SMAPI] --------------------------------------------------
                                [SMAPI] These mods could not be added to your game.

[SMAPI] - Advanced Location Loader 1.4.6 because it's no longer compatible. Please check for a new version at https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2270 or https://mods.smapi.io

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@naengmewn You can check mods.smapi.io to know whether a mod is compatible. Unfortunately this one hasn't been updated for the beta yet.

• YeCool

YeCool Space Hobo

Thanks for the help! Do you have any idea when the updated version's gonna be posted?