Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

Here's the fix for the kitty scarecrows, which is just removal of some multiplied brackets : https://pastebin.com/e2h4Trc6
    Simply open up the content.json then replace all the codes with the one above. ;)

As for the Sweet Green House, I think it's from the map file itself. That means the original author(s) themselves have to handle the fixes, because guys around here are just CP converters, not map modder. :confused:

----
    @Allayna
    you could use the pastebin link above to fix your conversion if you'd like to save the time. :D

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    • a4k

a4k Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok, thank you.

No, I can say that there is a problem with the conversion, because before updating the game to beta and mods behind it, I used this map and it worked without problems. Therefore, I am writing here. I was only happy if the author of the mod updated this map and made an official CP-version. But I have no idea how to contact him, if he has not been on the forum for a long time.

If this problem is caused due to my game, then please tell me how to solve it.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
      • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

well, thankyou for the conversion but now it does not work, only the image changes not the name or description

• coldazrael

I've checked the codes in the content.json, there are no typos, multiplied brackets, or stuff. The conversion has no problem.
          It's the new version of SDV made the mod became buggy like that. Since the original author has been away for long, all I can think is either you downgrade your sdv to your previous version which the mod works if you still wanted to use the mod, or leave the mod.
          Or perhaps you could ask the guys here : https://community.playstarbound.com...s-map-editing-and-other-related-stuff.112279/
          Not sure if the thread accepts any requests but it's the place of map modders. :rolleyes:

I've updated it : https://community.playstarbound.com...ent-patcher-packs.141577/page-72#post-3308973

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

description changes, name stays the same and quest notes are now titled 'error' and cannot be read. i am grateful for your efforts but this is not working and as the error notes was an issue in the original xmb i think it is a problem that cannot be fixed

• foggywizard

foggywizard Big Damn Hero

Looking at the map .tbin for the problem reveals the warps are just fine. I'm thinking this might be a case of where it'll work just fine if it's loaded by CP as a .tbin, but it messes up somewhere as an .xnb. I've already changed it to where it loads the .tbin instead of the .xnb, but I can't do any testing because I don't have a save file with the Greenhouse unlocked. So if someone could do that for me, it'd be great.

Speaking of greenhouses, I forgot I did this CP conversion of Wilo's XL Giant Greenhouse a while back when beta first started and XNBLoader broke. So if anyone wants it, have fun!

Edit: Fixed the Sweet Greenhouse to change the bed commands. A new command has been added to beds as of 1.3.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
              • Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

You're an angel, MP! I'll test this next time I'm at my home desk and get back to you.

• Seyph

Seyph Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Zosa This is a known issue that affects any item that currently exists within your world. Only newly spawned/generated items have the proper modded names (I don't know if it affects quests). As far as I know, there is no fix for this. The only way to go about it is to use CJB Item Spawner to spawn in new items to replace your old ones.

• coldazrael

@a4k
                    I've run the test for the conversion in sdv 1.3.28 and smapi 2.7, and both terreoak's or foggywizard's conversion runs smoothly, just the problem is the bed (for both version) . When I tried to sleep there, only the screen got dimmed and I could move anywhere around the room, but once I exited the room that's when the autosave happened and I went to the next day. In the other hand, I didn't encounter the same problem like you, which is stuck in the black space. o_O
                    Are you sure that you don't have an xnb mod that replaces the greenhouse.xnb in map folder?

@foggywizard
                    Just like I said above, either .tbin or .xnb works just fine when I tested it. What confused me is you didn't add the load for the SweetGreenhouse_tile file but it is still working. I wonder why..

@Zosa
                    After reading seyph's explanation, I merely didn't expect that you are stockpiling the mayonnaise. Because I never had any mayonnaise of any types stocked in my save. As for the quest notes, care if you elaborate this? is it the quest journal that you mean?
                    Anyways, there is a problem that the mayonnaise maker went missing from the crafting interface. I'm in the middle of the fixing right now.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

no, no. i made sure to collect fresh mayos and fresh notes when testing(the yellowish ones you get from the magnifier). when the mayo is collected the description and picture change to the meringue version but the title is still mayo, when the description changes to the correct one the notes you get from breaking rocks and digging are titled 'error' followed by the note number. when they are titled error they cannot be read

• foggywizard

foggywizard Big Damn Hero

Because if a tilesheet a .tbin draws upon is already in the assets folder with it, it will automatically draw from it. I've noticed this in several other CP mods I have by various authors. This includes if you put in say, a replacement tilesheet from something like A Toned Down Stardew Valley or Flower Valley into something like Expanded Access Maps. Content Patcher will automatically try to draw from the replacement tilesheet instead of the default xnb.
                        I didn't look at the bed issue for the SweetGreenhouse, I'll go look at that.
                        Edit: Bed should be fixed, in theory.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
                        • coldazrael

I think I got what you mean, that fresh mayos you've got is probably processed when the mod isn't installed yet. As the secret notes got messed and the missing craftables recipes that I mentioned before is because of the data files were from SDV 1.2, I guess I should take caution from now on when it comes about changing the names of objects or descriptions. :cautious:

Anyways, i've updated it : https://community.playstarbound.com...ent-patcher-packs.141577/page-72#post-3308973
                          The crafting recipe is still named Mayonnaise Machine, I'm afraid that I think there is no fix for that if you loaded a farmer that's already have mayo machine recipe (only in the crafting interface, once you created it, the name becomes Meringue Machine). But I think if you start a new game, perhaps the mod will run smoothly.

I see about that. But I think I'd still loading the additional tilesheet like the terreoak's conversion before to avoid bugs. Either loading the additional tilesheet or not works just fine anyway. :confused:

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

-nods- that might do something :rofl:

i will test it out when i get up, it is past 7 and i have a horrible headache, it is beyond bedtime for me :rofl:

• Seyph

Seyph Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@coldazrael You're right that those errors are most likely due to a 1.2 vs 1.3 incompatibility. As you know, 1.3 added new items, meaning the data tables are bigger than what they used to be. I think the best way to go about it and test it, is to not Load the modded XNB to replace the base game's, but rather unpack it, check the lines that it edits in the YAML, and use EditData accordingly.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

it works and there are no errors! you are hecka swell<3 what could i possibly do to thank you? it seems you are helping me left and right these days :rofl:

• coldazrael

Yeah I'm aware of that 1.2 vs 1.3 compatibility in general. I merely over-expecting the mod as I thought the mod supposed to be working in 1.3 so I didn't extract the data files in the first place.
                                  A feel of relieve and chill whenever you play SDV is enough to thank me. :DD
                                  Anyways I'm always glad to help you and everyone in this forum, so just take it easy there. :D

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

the game is always hella chill sans the occasional slime gang-up and 2:40pm run from the beach X'''D

• Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

Working great! Thank you!

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

I'm using it in 1.3. Yes, it works.

• Ribbonain

Ribbonain Pangalactic Porcupine

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.