Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Hey, question about converting Seasonal Immersion mods to content patcher, is there a way to do indoor and outdoor craftables? If so, how would I write it in the .json?

• Coyoteclaw11

Coyoteclaw11 Big Damn Hero

Updated this to edit the cursor file so when you start a game & open the menu, it'll show the face of the kitty you choose instead of the vanilla cat <3

Attached Files:

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Content Patcher doesn't support Location-specific changes yet, so there's no good way to do indoor/outdoor differences currently.

HopeWasHere likes this.
        • Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

Just to say, thank you! I've been swamped with work so I haven't had a chance to play yet, but I'll let you know when I do. Thank you again!

• coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

You could test it by yourself surely? It's not xnb mod that replaces the files directly anyway :confused:
            No problem, you're not the only one who's been bugged with real life stuff :rofl: Let me know if you found some bugs as well and.. Since it's a mapping mod I guess I can't do much like graphic replacement mods so I'm afraid I could only fix the CP codes typos, not something deeper than that. :confused:

• xhoney_bunnyx

xhoney_bunnyx Void-Bound Voyager

It's not showing :(
              do i need any other mod or anything?

• coldazrael

Nothing seems to be wrong with the CP codes in the content.json and from the description of the original mod, it doesn't say any requirements. Care if you upload your SMAPI log? https://log.smapi.io/

• xhoney_bunnyx

xhoney_bunnyx Void-Bound Voyager

I found the problem, thank you!

There was another mod for the pethouse using the Farm_Fishing file

dyG likes this.
                  • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

• coldazrael

I personally fixed the stray pixels that the author seems to be forgot, here you go.

Edit :
                    -Data patches changed from "EditData" to "Load"
                    -Data patches changed back to "EditData" with entries
                    -String patches removed (since it actually doesn't change anything)
                    -Added EnableData config (in case you don't want to use the data patches and only interested in graphic replacement)

Notice :
                    -Trash/ship all mayonnaise that you've stockpiled (including the mayos in your mayonnaise machine, if it's still processing, either swing a pickaxe on it to cancel the processing or wait til the process is complete) if you intend to enable the data patch on a loaded farmer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
                    • Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

Currently running on "NoBedsOrCrib", tested all the furniture that had been left in the room, and everything seems fine. Thank you so much!!

coldazrael likes this.
                      • Bunny0God

Bunny0God Big Damn Hero

• Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

Okay, so I've noticed two weird bugs with this one.

The visuals for my fireplaces don't toggle correctly. And I can't go to sleep. I have to wait to collapse from exhaustion.

I've only tested this with "NoBedsOrCrib" and "disabled". When the mod is set the former, I have the bugs. When it's set to the latter, my fireplaces and sleep mechanic work fine.

• coldazrael

That doesn't sound like typo codes to me, then the mod itself was broken from to core :confused:
                          I'm afraid this sort of matter have to be handled by the original author themselves.

• foggywizard

foggywizard Big Damn Hero

I didn't see these done anywhere, and I need my Pokémon mods, so here's these.

Attached Files:

Medicell likes this.
                            • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

thankyou, the mod was having issues as an xmb with other xmb mods on top so i am thinking this may help, it was such a grand mod i did not want to give it up. hoping everythign is smoothed out this way(as it seems to be with the other mods i've used that modified this file)

• Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

Understood. Thank you for the attempt!

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Here's an unofficial update that should fix your issue. The map-based fireplace has been removed and the correct properties have been added to the bed for 1.3 compatibility. I *only* updated the NoBedsOrCrib maps. The other options (aside from disabled, of course) will probably still have issues if loaded into version 1.3

Attached Files:

Saraneth and coldazrael like this.
                                  • coldazrael

Witch Stuff Pack ( https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/witch-stuff-pack.138571/ )

Simply just install the mod and play ahead if you are confused with the configs or you don't want to change the configs.

-EnableMod
                                    Values : true, false

-Black Witchy Armchair Replacement
                                    -Cauldron/Books+Skulls/Spellbooks Replacement
                                    Values : BlueArmchair, RedArmchair, GreenArmchair, YellowArmchair, BrownArmchair, disabled

-Black Witchy Couch Replacement
                                    Values : BlueCouch, RedCouch, GreenCouch, YellowCouch, BrownCouch, DarkCouch, WizardCouch, WoodsyCouch, disabled

-Witchy Case Replacement
                                    Values : ArtistBookcase, LuxuryBookcase, ModernBookcase, DarkBookcase, disabled

-Small Cauldron Replacement
                                    -Skull-Pot Sprout Plant Replacement
                                    -Candles Replacement
                                    -Witchy Fancy Lantern Replacement
                                    -Witchy Teapot Replacement
                                    -Spellbook Replacement
                                    -Witchy Crystal Replacement
                                    -Witchy Decorative Lantern Replacement
                                    Values : SmallPlant, TablePlant, DecorativeBowl, FutanBear, Globe, ModelShip, SmallCrystal, DecorativeLantern, HousePlant1, HousePlant2, HousePlant3, HousePlant4, HousePlant5, HousePlant6, HousePlant7, HousePlant8, HousePlant9, HousePlant10, HousePlant11, HousePlant12, HousePlant13, HousePlant14, HousePlant15, SPine, BonsaiTree, disabled

-Cauldron-Pot Plant Replacement
                                    -Skull-Pot Plant Replacement
                                    Values : HousePlant1, HousePlant2, HousePlant3, HousePlant4, HousePlant5, HousePlant6, HousePlant7, HousePlant8, HousePlant9, HousePlant10, HousePlant11, HousePlant12, HousePlant13, HousePlant14, HousePlant15, SPine, BonsaiTree, disabled

-Witchy End-Table Replacement
                                    Values : OakEndTable, WalnutEndTable, BirchEndTable, MahoganyEndTable, ModernEndTable, GrandmotherEndTable, WinterEndTable, disabled

-Witchy Lamp Replacement
                                    Values : CountryLamp, BoxLamp, ModernLamp, ClassicLamp, CandleLamp, OrnateLamp, disabled

-Hanging Herbs Replacement
                                    Values : QueenOfTheGemSea, JadeHills, JojaColaLight, disabled

-Witchy Wall Racks Replacement
                                    Values : TheMuzzamaroo, ANightOnEcoHill, Pathways, BurntOffering, QueenOfTheGemSea, VanillaVilla, PrimalMotion, JadeHills, Sun44, WallFlowerPal, Spires, Highway89, CalicoFalls, VGAParadise, JojaColaLight, KiteMaster95, WorldMap, MinersCrest, disabled

-Black-Curtain Window Replacement
                                    Values : BasicWindow, SmallWindow, Porthole, OrnateWindow, CarvedWindow, MetalWindow, disabled

---
                                    @Bunny0God
                                    Here you go. ;)

Attached Files:

PandaNikita likes this.
                                    • a4k

a4k Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Kitty Scarecrows does not work, there is an error: https://log.smapi.io/U1uHUDAq
                                      Sweet Greenhouse - A bug occurs when you exit the map and can not exit: https://i.imgur.com/2m6d90B.jpg

Please update these mods.

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.