Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

@Sherbbert
    Aye, I hope so. o_O
    Even this thread fell into deep silence not likely it used to be yesterday :confused:

• Coii

Coii Space Hobo

Hi there~This is Coii(코이), a Korean re-texture maker who was introduced to you as a link when Caelle requested a conversion.
      I knew you guys were visiting my blog.
      It was okay for my files to be converted and uploaded to the forum because I knew your good intentions.
      However, I think Ssm4031 brought up the story to protect the copyrights of Korean makers including me who distributed their work only in Naver.
      I understand both of you and Ssm4031 and I visit here to tell my thought to you.
      My posts are written in Korean only on Naver so I think all of you may encounter a language barrier. I'm sorry.
      I did this because I didn't know my re-texture would be known abroad.
      But despite of a language barrier, I'm so grateful that you guys like my work!
      So I started redistributing my work adding 'read me.txt' file written in English to help you use my re-texture easier!
      (I've updated my new three hats and started redistributing them too.)
      I have always wanted to say thank you so much for converting my re-texture for foreign friends who use in CP mods.
      Then, if I have time, I'll make more various re-texture than now later. Everybody enjoy playing!

Sincerely,

Coii(Not Coll please! :D)

Ps. I heard that you, from abroad, have connection problems on Naver such as blocking overseas access, so I'm going to upload my work to the Nexus in the near future.
      I want to relieve your discomfort in finding my re-texture. :)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
        009i66, Cececece, ReinTorque and 13 others like this.
      • Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

• coldazrael

@Coii
        Thanks for your reply, this cleared my worries because I converted your mod without contacting you :D. I was in stalemate because of denied access, though.
        Although some of ssm's harsh words were unfortunate, it's all about language barrier issue. I guess my head were really twisted because of my insomnia so I couldn't think straight about that issue.
        As for your professional name, is it Coii, CoII (Upper case i), or Co2? :confused:
        There are quite differences based in your naver blog.

@Saraneth
        The description of the mod mentioned it's only compatible for 1.1, I can convert it to CP but not the 1.3-guaranteed compatibility. :notworthy:
        If you're up for that?

• igoutta

igoutta Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there. Long time without Internet on home, troubles about being a third-world kiddo.
          I made some stuff during the time off but also I'm playing so when I'm tired of it, I'll publish. Also I don't know where to put a code that I made to help fix some translations of mods.

Anyways, I made [CP] Lita's Fancy Lamp Posts from here [original].

Features:
          • Config file with options to both lamps enable retextures.
          • Any lamp can be edited with any 6 designs from the mod.

Attached Files:

• KazooKitty

KazooKitty Void-Bound Voyager

• Chill-T

Chill-T Phantasmal Quasar

Right here, my friend, converted by Ensifera.
            Page 63

You may want to look into the Stardew wiki in the future to see if the requested mod has already been converted, though I'm afraid the list might be a little outdated. :D
            https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Using_XNB_mods

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
            • Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

<3

I still have files with items and furniture stuck under those beds. :p No kids for most of my saves, so no beds, please!
              (Many thanks in advance! Others in the Nexus post for this mod are also hoping for it, so I'm sure they'll be happy, too!)

• coldazrael

No Kids Room Decor ( https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/369 )
                ToggleMod Config : CribAndBedsBathroom, CribAndSingleBed, CribAndSingleBedBathroom, CribMinusBedsBathroom, EmptyRoomBathroom, KeepCribAndSingleBedBathroom, NoBedsOrCrib, RemoveBedsAndKeepCribBathroom, RemoveBothBedsAndCribBathroom, RemoveCribAndKeepBothBedsBathroom, RemoveCribAndKeepSingleBedBathroom, SingleBedNoCrib, SingleBedWithNoCribBathroom, disabled

-This conversion isn't fully tested yet
                -Be sure to empty the whole room from furniture to avoid unnecessary furniture glitches
                -Be sure to download the Bathroom Mod before setting any bathroom config

@Saraneth
                You need to change the ToggleMod once you've download this because the default value is "disabled".

Attached Files:

atornic, Bepsi and Saraneth like this.
                • coldazrael

Attached Files:

Euripus likes this.
                • bitsybat13

bitsybat13 Void-Bound Voyager

• coldazrael

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
                  blouwho? likes this.
                • bitsybat13

bitsybat13 Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you soooo much!!!!

• coldazrael

My pleasure, let me know if you found any bugs. :D

• Coii

Coii Space Hobo

It looks like Naver has a pretty strong blocking overseas access.
                      It's hard for you to get in touch with Naver users.
                      For tips, if you want to contact other Naver users, their ID are written on the address of their blog page like 'blog.naver.com/blahblah' or 'blahblah.blog.me'.
                      Put the Naver mail address after these like 'blahblah@naver.com' and you can reach them.
                      However, some of them leave their mail boxes and others think that mails written in English are spam.
                      So, I recommend writing mail title in Korean.
                      For example, '안녕하세요. 메일 확인 부탁드립니다.' would be great. ;)

My name is a combination of Korean pronunciation, so even I was writing it freely. Sorry for confusion.
                      Since the number 2 is pronounced "e" in Korean, Koreans call me "co2" or "coII" in Korean.
                      So I didn't write the lower case 'ii' well.
                      But now I'm about to release my files to Nexus, I will use Coii as my nickname so my nickname would be written correctly.
                      Also in my blog, my names will be changed into Coii soon. :)

And @coldazrael, @Kuriiyo can you remove files that you converted mine and uploaded?
                      I will upload my files to Nexus soon and I will upload the files converted to the cp version personally.
                      There were revisions on my files because I reexamined mine.
                      Also there were no friends in Korea who asked for conversion, but there are many friends who use CP mods overseas.
                      Thank you so much for converting my files for other friends. (@Chill-T, who converted my hats files, You too!)
                      I really appreciate your good intentions and kindness. :DD<3
                      Especially, I found out that Cold, you are a very kind user who didn't ignore other people's requests for conversion even when you're in bad condition, and I'm sorry that you were hurt like this case.
                      I hope you don't get hurt again by similar case from now, seriously.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
                        009i66, Chill-T, pietray and 3 others like this.
                      • Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

I've removed mine. :)

Coii likes this.
                        • HinataAkiama

HinataAkiama Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Coii I hope you upload to nexus soon! I just found your hats mod on the xnb to CP conversion wiki thread, and I can't wait for you to release them <3

• coldazrael

@Coii
                            About the emails and stuff, I've dealt with that. Thanks to Chill-T for his assistance.
                            Heck, so in the end I'll have to use korean google translate to communicate. I hope they will understand whatever I said :rofl:

Right, Coii it is, I guess that cleared up of the name confusion. Because I've thought your name is something to do with carbon dioxide (CO2) before. o_O

I really thank you for your compliments, but.. bad conditions? If this bad condition you meant is my insomnia, well.. Insomnia is continuously come and go for me, so I considered it normal than bad condition. :rofl:
                            Anyways, I've removed the unofficial conversions.

• Coii

Coii Space Hobo

@HinataAkiama
                              I will upload my textures that are available in CP mods to the Nexus.
                              I'm almost done now, so wait a little while. Thank you for liking and expecting my texture! <3

@coldazrael
                              That's a relief. Btw, CO2 :rofl:

Chill-T and breatemata like this.
                              • Fireflyfx

Fireflyfx Intergalactic Tourist

Hey just wanted to ask if this will still work in 1.3.

Thread Status:
                                Not open for further replies.