Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

oh good lord,
    So that's the source of all this mess, and it's just one page behind... :wot:
    @Seyph
    I felt like that mod has been bugging me, but thanks for your information :DD

@pietray
    Nevermind about the pastebin before, use this one instead
    https://pastebin.com/DfLq26F7
    I'm positive that will fix the problem.

Edit :
    Or you can use Kuriiyo's fix. Either way fixes the problem.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    • Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, I went through it and just put in all the co-ordinates so it'll only replace what's needed. ^^

• pietray

pietray Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Chill-T

Chill-T Phantasmal Quasar

@coldazrael @Kuriiyo @Seyph
        Thanks for providing information regarding the coordinates, I appreciate how extremely helpful the community is. :D Clip Studio will be enough for the built-in coordinates, I've also just registered for discord, so I'll keep it in mind in case I have more questions.

I apologize for the headaches I caused with my conversion. ^^; @Kuriiyo no need to apologise for bettering my conversion, I've updated the download link with it. Many thanks. :rofl:

No worries, I just registered with an existing LINE account, so it's all good. ^^ I can understand some Korean but I'm useless in hangul. ^^;

Hey, thanks! I'm guessing you want these? Options are blue, beige, and pink. It's set to blue.
        [Original Source]: Link Removed

Removed as of 13/9.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
        • coldazrael

@Chill-T
          I have no problem with the codes of your mod, it's the mod name and the description got me confused o_O
          I don't know if the name of the mod is actually Ssm4031, but.. At least next time you could work on the description, perhaps?

• Chill-T

Sure, I named it such a way because it was the name of the author, but I suppose I shouldn't have. I credit them in the manifest, anyway. I learned better with the new conversions, haha. :D

• ssm4031

ssm4031 Void-Bound Voyager

Do not use in Content Patcher
              I didn't allow to create mod!
              I noted that I was not allowed to modify the file & redistribute the file & the file to be used in mode.
              If you wanted to modify the file, you should have asked the author before making it.

• Chill-T

죄송합니다, 지금 제거됩니다. 다른 사람들을 제거할까요?

I am sorry, it is removed now. Should I remove the others?

• ssm4031

Most Korean Authors have not credited
                  Yes. Please remove other files. (TωT)

• Chill-T

I try to credit the Korean authors with username (사용자 이름). ^^; 좋아, 내가 그들을 제거 할거야. Content Patcher 파일을 사용할 수 있으며 XNB 파일보다 안전합니다. 원하면 언제든지 지킬 수 있습니다.

Edit: 그들은 모두 제거됩니다.

• ssm4031

Content patcher mod has already been created but is not being distributed because it is an incomplete picture
                      Also, there was another person who has not discussed with me and who has distributed his name on the author's name. It happened a while ago.
                      That's why I can't allow Content Patcher file creation.
                      If the file is completed later, I will share it, but I cannot distribute it yet.
                      I don't know if I wrote it correctly, other files mean The mods in which my files were used. not other author's
                      I saw you deleted the file. Thank you.

• Chill-T

오, 알았어, 나는 그것이 불완전하다는 것을 몰랐다.
                        당신이 우리가 파일을 공유하는 것을 싫어하기 때문에, 나는 그들을 모두 제거하라고 말할 것입니다.
                        우리는 한국어를 말하고 읽을 수 없으며 허가를 요청할 수 없다.
                        나는 너와 다른 한국 작가들에게 말하지 않아서 유감이다.

우리는 허가를 얻기 위해 그 (것)들을 접촉하는 것을 시도 할 것이다. 너가 우리를 도울 수 있으면, 더 좋을거야.

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

My apologies, @ssm4031 . I've deleted my file as well. :) I did try to translate your page but couldn't make much sense of it.

• Chill-T

네이버를 찾은 것은 내 잘못입니다. 다른 하나는 나쁜 것을 의미하지 않습니다. 그들은 한국인 MOD를 좋아하고 그들을 도와주고 싶다. 하지만 우리는 다시하지 않을 것입니다. ^^

As with my conversation with Ss4031, I have removed my conversions. I suggest that you all try to contact the authors as much as possible, even in broken Korean. As I've registered and now can reach out to them, I will try to request permission for the mods I've converted one by one.

As I was the one who encouraged converting from Naver, a foreign website, the blame is on me. And I guess I'll have to slip out of the modding scene, it was temporary in the first place. I still have portraits that needs to be done and art studies. :D

Note: As much as I'd hate for you all to have an incomplete set, I'll have to remove the hat set conversion I've done by Coll until I have their permission. I won't remove it immediately, so anyone hoping to grab it can at the last moment.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
                            • coldazrael

I'm afraid that not all ISP gave an sort of ease-access to naver site. I am the example for it.
                              I really wanted to inform the authors themselves, but what can I do if I'm getting difficulties to access the site itself? (403 errors, 502 bad gateways, etc)

But still I'm not going to remove my conversions unless you or @ssm4031 could re-confirm if you both speaks officially for naver rather than yourselves, or the original author themselves told me to do so. What I mean about speaks officially for naver means you have the original author's words to put down all of my conversions. Or either forum moderators or pathoschild as the original of content patcher ordered me to put down the conversions.

I'm really sorry if i'm really that hard-headed, but there's already a lot of people who downloaded the conversions, so it doesn't change anything if I were to remove them.
                              Still I'm always open to hear for your more sensible reason.

'Cut one head, two more shall take its place' - Hydra agents. Sounds comical but that hydra quote could probably happened (or perhaps it's already happened), and it's gonna put more work for the moderators :rofl:

Edit :
                              VPN and proxy didn't help alot, I could try borrowing some of my pals' ISP that's different to mine, or I'll look for a stable WiFi in some public places which might give better access to naver.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
                              • coldazrael

@ssm4031
                                Google translate fails to translate your mod page. I don't know if you put some sort of script for 'anti-redistribution' or not.
                                But if you did this to protect your mod from being redistributed, then I suggest that you better pack all those files to zip/rar/7zip/etc and give it a password with hangul alphabets. So only koreans or anyone who understands korean language will have the access to your mod. Most importantly, the png file should be the main concern as the 1st one to be removed unless you have another reason to expose your raw png like that.

• ssm4031

@coldazrael
                                  NAVER is a Korean community site. Authors uploaded file only to the Korean community without uploading them to the Nexus or forums because people who couldn't read the notes (English) didn't want to redistribute or modify them without reading them properly.
                                  Most Koreans can use basic English, but not because they didn't put files on the Nexus and Forum, not because they didn't use the site.
                                  if you can't read the words the author has written, you shouldn't take the file.
                                  Ignoring the author's writing and only taking and uploading files is against copyright.
                                  If you leave a comment in easy English, they can understand it and reply to it.
                                  If you can't read, at least ask the author for permission.

And the PNG file I uploaded is not intended to be used to create the mode.
                                  Most Korean community people use a combination of retexture files, so the PNG files are posted to merge (with other 'springobjects' file retexture)
                                  It's not put on the table to take and use without permission,
                                  and I definitely wrote the file name for merge. '병합용'='for merge'.

If you don't know how to say that, send me an email with URL.
                                  I'll ask the author instead if you can make it in mode and use it

• coldazrael

@ssm4031
                                    The hell's with your offensive stance?
                                    I'm giving you some advice to protect your bloody mod yet you goes to this hard way all sudden.

My ISP have difficulties to access naver forums or blogs (403 Errors and 502 Bad Gateways happened alot), so I didn't directly lay my hands on all naver mods and I convert the naver mods because of the request coming from good people around here. Scroll the pages behind, mate. All I did is converting the mods into content patcher version of it without changing the authors' name or even slipping my name on the manifest.json.
                                    If you really are going all out with those copyright stuff, I'm sorry dear sir/madam, you are in no position to warn me for that, yet. All mods that I've been converted never had your name as the author and moreover, I don't even convert your mods or laying my hands on it.

No, thanks. I'd rather talk to the original authors themselves. And thanks to your unnecessary careless use of words, I made a change of mind.
                                    If you want kindly take my request, All I need is the emails from those authors listed below, sent by PM if it's possible.
                                    As you claimed that most of naver modders do understand English which you suddenly spit out, so I take that those individuals on the list above understands English as well.

From your relentless effort (or more likely obnoxious effort), for now I take that you are unofficially speak for whole naver forum. Unless you're going to retract and speak only for yourself, I'll retract all of my statements above.

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Um. Let's. Not argue in here, yeah? Don't forget there's a language barrier here at work, which will not help towards misunderstandings. Now I'm not saying there are any. Im just saying the fact that ssm4031 isn't fluent in English isn't going to help your understanding of what they're trying to get across.

Let's just try and ask for permission in the future in simple english, okay? It's not difficult to simplify what we say so someone not fluent can understand.

Let's just be a bit more civil and less aggressive in our words...

• Chill-T

Cold, calm down, please. Keep in mind that they cannot speak English well, let alone even write in English, so they may not be trying to be direct in their words as they intend to be. And you can't really know how much they can exactly interpret and understand our words.

I don't believe Ssm4031 was trying to speak for the whole forum. Think about it when they see our conversions— none of us has permission. And yes, we did credit them. Yes, we linked their pages and made sure we were proper. But they don't know that because they might have seen it differently. They don't know our good intent because we didn't elaborate on that. All they see is mods that were converted without warning. Maybe we should have explained more, this is what I think. But if Ssm4031 wishes us to remove mods, then we must remove the mods. They own it, they have a say in it.

And I can confirm now that Naver actually blocks attempts at translations on their website, it is not the users. At the random times where it can translate the website, god forbid if I know.

I know we're only trying to do good for the community, and that you couldn't access Naver, so I am willing to take care of the permissions on your behalf. I do not wish to escalate this any more.

Of course, I'm not forcing this in you. You can disregard it. But if you want to go through with my suggestion, just tell me how you want to proceed with it. I'm giving up the files to the original authors, but ask if I can publish it here as well.

Edit: What Kuriiyo said, we cannot fix something by escalating it, when we can discuss this calmly. I hope that you do not think I'm going against you.

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.