WIP Transparent Dialogue Box

Discussion in 'User Interface' started by coldazrael, Sep 11, 2018.

1. coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

So there happened to be a certain individual who's looking for a certain mod, that changes the dialogue box UI with this simple and transparency themed UI from this link right here. I think it's sort of timewasting because I need to go through the labyrinth of.. Hangul Alphabets :wot:

In the end, I decided to make a sort of replica of it.
    [​IMG]

This mod requires SMAPI ver 2.6-beta.15+ and Content Patcher ver 1.4-beta.3 (Haven't tested for the lower version than those, but it might work as well)

How to Install :
    1. Download the zip file below;
    2. Open it;
    3. Extract the Transparent Dialogue Box Replica folder to (Stardew Valley Folder)/Mods/ ;
    4. Set the config toggle if you want to change the theme;
    5. Play;
    6. That's it.

The theme config can be toggled between : Vintage, VanillaColour, MintBlue, and disabled to keep the original vanilla dialogue box.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    • coldazrael

Some CP mods that edits the cursors.xnb (usually UI overhauling mod) might causing a conflict with this mod. Here is the guide to handle that sort of trouble :
      1. Open the manifest.json in Transparent Dialogue Box Replica folder ;
      2. Add new line below the ContentPackFor field ;
        Code:
        "ContentPackFor": {
        "UniqueID": "Pathoschild.ContentPatcher", // https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1915
              "MinimumVersion": "1.4-beta.3"
        },
        // This spot!
        }
      3. Add the Dependency Field and set the unique ID of the mod that causes the conflict ;
        Code:
        "ContentPackFor": {
        "UniqueID": "Pathoschild.ContentPatcher", // https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1915
              "MinimumVersion": "1.4-beta.3"
        },
        "Dependencies": [
              {
                   "UniqueID": "megmom84.darkwoodinterface",
              }
        ],
        }
        To check the unique ID of the mod, just open up the manifest.json from the respective mod.
      4. Save and play
      Or if you are still confused and perhaps really lazy at the moment. The files are just below, right now it's only for :
      1. Vintage Menu Interface Mod (CP Version) by ManaKirel
      2. Starry Sky Interface for Content Patcher by Walpi-chan | Converted by BeneathThePlass
      3. Dark Brown Interface for Content Patcher by megmom84
      Simply replace the manifest.json in the Transparent Dialogue Box Replica folder.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
        Chill-T likes this.
      • Chill-T

Chill-T Phantasmal Quasar

*Raises hand and laughs sheepishly*

Holy
        mother of old master cannoli, I had no idea you made this from scratch. 0.o I applaud you, my friend! A thousand thanks!

It looks fantastic, really, thank you for giving some of your time to make something like this. I 100% appreciate it. :DD
        Screenshot (1871).png

• coldazrael

@Chill-T
          Anytime, mate. :DD
          Actually I wasn't sure if I could make it by myself lol, perhaps it's just a sheer of luck :rofl:

Anyways, I think you should download the vintage interface mod to make it look more alike with the one from naver blog before.

• paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looking at your code, you have `assets/{{ToggleMod}}` which isn't a valid token in pre-ContentPatcher 1.5 so content patcher doesn't know how to process this.

I'm not sure if Chill-T removed something to get it working or merged it with another mod they were using but the DL posted above doesn't work, at least with CP 1.5-beta 7.
            I've attached a version that'll work with 1.5 once Pathos feels it can leave beta or you can grab the latest cp beta from the discord.

Attached Files:

sh4d0wpl4y likes this.
            • coldazrael

I'm still using 1.4 by the way, Chill-T is possibly using the same version.
              And now.. structure codes in Content Patcher are changing eh? o_O This is going to be alot of work in unofficial CP conversions :confused:
              Anyways, even though it's still premature (CP 1.5 isn't out yet), I'll put your version as the upcoming update once 1.5 is released, if you don't mind.

Also thanks for the information. :D

igoutta likes this.
              • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Hey, thanks for making this awesome dialog box, it really looks nice in game! I liked it so much that I made a transparent interface to go with it, but I wanted to get your okay before I uploaded it to Nexus, since it replaces some of your files to get a new color dialog box I made to work with the user interface

Example 1.png Example 4.png Example 5.png Example 6.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
                • coldazrael

@HopeWasHere
                  This mod was merely a replica of the one from this naver link, but I've no idea if the person who posted it in naver was the original creator of the mod or they were just sharing some of their modded SDV. Even the guy who's indirectly requesting that have no idea who's the original author is. As much I understand that you asked this to avoid misunderstandings, I have no answer for this 'my okay'. The most sensible person who have to give that permission is the original author of the mod from the naver link before.
                  But in my opinion, if you wanted to upload it to nexus or chucklefish forum I think it's okay. The original author is really hard to track anyway.

HopeWasHere likes this.