Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Google translate does beautiful things to this website, lol. Thanks for the search tags, though! I'd only managed to figure out what 'Stardew Valley' is. ;w;

Anyone feel like doing this one? I'm getting issues downloading off this website yet again. https://blog.naver.com/ssm4031/221346301489

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    • coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

@Chill-T
      The cat and dog spritesheet is different, dog got more sprite than cat does. So the coordinates must be set to get the cat's animation properly working.
      I also spot that you forgot to add the Icon replacement for cat icon. So have this fixes : https://pastebin.com/zgAwqY9B

• Chill-T

Chill-T Phantasmal Quasar

Dammit, I had to leave home so I completely forgot about the icons, thanks again. ^^; I had zero knowledge on the additional coordinates as well, I definitely still have a lot of learning to do. Maybe I should call you 'sensei'. :ninja:

@Kuriiyo I agree. :D And no problem on the search terms, figured it'll be easier on everyone. I might convert the mod you wanted, after I have dinner first.
        Converted, notify me if something goes awry.
        [Original Source]: Link Removed

Removed by the word of the author.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
          breatemata and Kuriiyo like this.
        • coldazrael

@Chill-T
          No no, I'm just a good ol' random CP converter :rofl: I know the sprites by simply extract the content folder with xnb node lol

About the transparent dialogue box, perhaps if you interested in this.. replica? :V
          [​IMG]

• Chill-T

Chill-T Phantasmal Quasar

Just thought it'll be a little funny (and cringey) to call you sensei, but you've actually been teaching me a ton with these conversions. :D Can I also ask how you locate the exact coordinates of objects? I haven't figured that out yet.

brvpzffz0op42eaph5wj.Jpg

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Basically, Photoshop or GIMP, which actually does it better. It's basically just loading the png (after unpacking the xnb) and opening it in either program. I use Photoshop, as I've set it up to do 16x16 pixel grids for me, making it easy to just count. GIMP, I believe, shows the co-ordinates of wherever the mouse cursor is. :)

If you want some extra help, I'm more than willing to, if you add me on discord. <3 Just PM me for it.

Also, my apologies, but I added some code to that CP pack you did; just so it adds compatibility for other packs that edits springobjects. :)

• pietray

pietray Scruffy Nerf-Herder

https://m.cafe.naver.com/ArticleList.nhn?search.clubid=28468938&search.menuid=56

I found the "Naver Stardew Cafe". It's like a Korean Stardew community, I guess. There's a bunch of re-textures in the link above. You do need to sign up, though.

That being said, if anyone is around to CP a few of them for me that'd be great.

Bishounen Gunther
                https://cafe.naver.com/starvall?iframe_url=/ArticleRead.nhn?clubid=28468938&articleid=57595

Elliot Portrait (This artist also has Haley, Emily, Harvey, and Abby available)
                https://cafe.naver.com/ArticleRead.nhn?clubid=28468938&articleid=56941

Bunny Re-texture
                https://cafe.naver.com/ArticleRead.nhn?clubid=28468938&articleid=24875&page=38&boardtype=L&menuid=56

Sprout Sprinklers
                https://cafe.naver.com/starvall?ifr...articleid=46694&page=13&boardtype=L&menuid=56

Duck Retexture
                https://cafe.naver.com/ArticleRead.nhn?clubid=28468938&articleid=25732&page=36&boardtype=L&menuid=56

Goat Re-texture
                https://cafe.naver.com/ArticleRead.nhn?clubid=28468938&articleid=45155&page=15&boardtype=L&menuid=56

If any CP friends have a hard time downloading these I can upload them myself here along with any other Naver mods that you'd like. :DD

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

If you can upload those and send them to me I'm more than happy to convert them.

• coldazrael

@pietray
                    It would be waay great if you reupload it right here, because I don't even know where the download button is :rofl:
                    I used a simply MS paint to locate the coordinates :V

Still in the middle of testing atm, I'll post the mod once everything's done.
                    PS : It's only the dialogue box though

• coldazrael

@pietray
                      Sorry if I'm really bothering, but could you please to provide the original author's name for each mods? :rofl:
                      I just feel bad if I put random author name for the manifest.json

• pietray

@coldazrael

Yes! I will try. I can't actually read anything on here. But I'm just going to guess what the names are.

Bishounen Gunther & Elliot Portrait - hosi_na

Bunny & Duck ReTexture - tndud8284

Goat ReTexture - fe1inewitch

Sprout Sprinklers - 1258min

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Thank you so much.

• envylover

envylover Scruffy Nerf-Herder

delete...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
                            • Seyph

Seyph Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just dropping in to add that Photoshop is also capable of showing coordinates, if you have the "Info" window open.

Kuriiyo likes this.
                              • coldazrael

Bishounen Elliott
                                Bishounen Gunther
                                Duck Retexture
                                Goat Retexture
                                Bunny Retexture
                                Configs for those mods above are only toggle EnableMod (true/false)

Sprout Sprinklers
                                Added a brown colour for the core and seasonal mode! :poke:If the seasonal config is set, the core of the sprinkler will change to pink in spring, blue in summer, brown in fall, and white in winter. Here's the detailed config schema :
                                ToggleMod = fullseasonal (sets all sprinklers to seasonal without changing the each custom sprinklers 1 by 1), originalmod (based on original mod colours, white for basic sprinkler, blue for quality sprinkler, and pink for iridium sprinkler), custom (Colours are set from the specific sprinkler customisation config below), disabled
                                CustomSprinklerReplacement = seasonal, pink, blue, brown, white, disabled
                                CustomQualitySprinklerReplacement = seasonal, pink, blue, brown, white, disabled
                                CustomIridiumSprinklerReplacement = seasonal, pink, blue, brown, white, disabled

I've only tested the Sprout Sprinklers and not all custom mode are tested yet.
                                ----------------------------
                                @pietray
                                Sorry if it takes long time, making the seasonal mode is quite complicated :D

----------------------------
                                @Chill-T
                                *coughs* https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/transparent-dialogue-box.148805/

Attached Files:

Chill-T and igoutta like this.
                                • pietray

@coldazrael you're an absolute treasure! thank you so much! :love:

• coldazrael

@Coolwyngs @pietray
                                    My pleasure, let me know if you found some bugs ;)

How does this mod works? Does it changes the babies and toddlers or the bachelors? o_O

• Seyph

Seyph Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Chill-T I don't think you need a Korean phone number. I was able to register and comment just fine with a US phone number. Unfortunately, I don't know one bit of Korean outside of Google translate :v

• coldazrael

Jaysus, looks like mods from naver blogs and naver forums are really on high demand right now..
                                        Those mods are supposed to be private (more likely for koreans only) right? Honestly I've been worried ever since I began converting those mods :rofl:

--------
                                        @igoutta
                                        Hey, man. I see that you converted a bunch of mods lately and you're online right now, perhaps if you spoke korean and know how the baby mod works (the one that have been recently requested) also perhaps willing to convert it? o_O
                                        --------
                                        @Seyph
                                        MS Paint starts quicker than photoshop though :V

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

I will thank you

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.