Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

2. coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

Most of those guys doesn't even have official warrant to do these conversions (including me) :D We did all these so the people can and smile and feel relieved.

Anyways that small farm conversion was already submitted but no idea if it's still working or not..

• coldazrael

I'll get this worked but just a question, have you tried this mod by yourself though?
      I have no idea those 'decors' file do..

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i have not expressly /because/ of the decors. i have a lot of modifications to my farm data and such already and if i overwrite or donk up something irrevocably by putting it in i wouldn't be able to fix it X''D i basically only have a choice of leaving it alone or being comfortable going back to a vanilla version if things go pear shaped

• coldazrael

Well.. I'm not that expert when it comes to CP mod that replaces map :/ All I can do is make a load common field and usually works. :/
          But this one is I've never encountered. Those decor files are new, and it's not a vanilla content file.

I know it's risky but as long you backup the farm.xnb surely it will be less likely the things will go pear shaped, rite? And those decor files.. Obviously you don't have to backup this one since those are not vanilla content type. Sorry I got my hands full atm and can't do this test mod for you cuz I'm running a test for something else :/ All I can do is convert the mod (don't know if it's gonna work though).

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

it's totally fine :rofl: we can wait to see if someone else knows what they do and feels they can make a patcher for it, i will admit i have waited a while for this without fuss, i can keep waiting just fine X''D the cute mini farm just reminded me i was waiting for the multiplayer to finish up, hahaha

• Ensifera

Ensifera Aquatic Astronaut

Attached Files:

Medicell likes this.
            • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

All the decor files are is additional tilesheets.
              Right now the few items added on those sheets won't be seasonal because of CP limitations

Attached Files:

Zosa likes this.
              • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

totally understandable, thankyou<3

• hellbentheretic

hellbentheretic Void-Bound Voyager

• coldazrael

Just load on the tbin eh? o_O
                  What's even the purpose of the decor files anyway? I just ran a test and all the decors were in set :confused:

You probably forgot to extract the manifest? All the mods you mentioned had manifest in the zip file.

• houska22

houska22 Big Damn Hero

Hello again, sorry to bother you again but I had a question about the dirt conversion you made for me! :)
                    Since the dirt mod has the entire town in textures, do you think it will work with the new Pam house, since the old mod doesn't have the textures for it?

• coldazrael

Have no worries, I've only set the patch to edit the partial tilesheet, not the entire of it :D
                      It's not tested yet but I'm positive the conversion won't damage Pam's house ;)

houska22 likes this.
                      • houska22

houska22 Big Damn Hero

Excellent! Thank you so much! :) I wasn't able to build the house yet, but it would be funny if she kept living in a trailer after I built her house :D

• hellbentheretic

hellbentheretic Void-Bound Voyager

The manifest files are in the folders. I fixed the Kawaii Valley one so far(there was a folder floating around when I moved its contents elsewhere to get the mod to work. ). The other two, I don't know what the issue is as of yet.

EDIT:
                          Now the other two are saying there's a lack of DLL and I'm not sure why the CP files look so different from other mechanic-based CPs.
                          https://imgur.com/lJQmYsp

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
                          • paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The screenshot you included is the source code for NFD, not the built version of the mod.

If something uses a DLL that typically means it’s a SMAPI mod and can’t be done with Content Patcher.

• kendrickhier

kendrickhier Yeah, You!

Converted Zombie Cows by DarkKassanova into a Content Patcher mod. Insert obligatory 'this isn't mine, I just converted it, hmu if you've got a problem' disclaimer.

Attached Files:

• niggy

niggy Void-Bound Voyager

• coldazrael

• coldazrael

Thread Status:
                              Not open for further replies.