RELEASED [SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader 1.4.7

Helps modders modify the in-game locations!

1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

If you encounter that error, it means some other mod is screwing up.
    SDV 1.2 and earlier have some really funky seasonal tilesheet logic, and ALL detects when a mod will cause issues with that logic.
    (SDV 1.3 has fixed this issue, and once ALL hits 1.3 it wont have to be checking for the issue anymore)

roflblah likes this.
    • 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have seen instances though where that error is due to improper mod coding, so without knowing all the mods they have installed, and which specific mod is having an error, I'd personally not blame another mod.

@roflblah If you can send me the full error log, I might be able to help further

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

No, that error is *explicitly* another mod messing up.

If a mod adds a new tilesheet after the game has loaded (As all mods essentially do) then SDV doesnt do its startup season check on them.
        Because of this, if the tilesheet is setup as a seasonal tilesheet but invalid as one, the game will soft-crash at the end of the season, causing what I call the `day 30` bug.
        After discovering this issue, I programmed ALL to sanity-check for this issue so that when someone *else* runs into it, they wont have to try and reverse-engineer how the heck the game goes from day 28th to day 30th when day 30 shouldnt exist :p

13akoors likes this.
        • 13akoors

Not sure how you determined that's the error from what little was provided, but I'll trust you on this. It's your mod, after all :p

(To clarify, I knew it was not ALLs error, but I can't tell which mod is having the error from what they posted, which means I can't direct them to the actual page to report the error on)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Because the `Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `zShack3` TileSheet in the `Town` location is treated as seasonal but does not have proper seasonal formatting, this will cause bugs!` message only shows up in that exact situation - I explicitly *cause* a hard-crash when I detect that issue, because the alternative is a soft-crash when you go to bed on day 28 of any season.

13akoors likes this.
            • Wveth

Wveth Void-Bound Voyager

This seems to be out of date. I get the message that it is not compatible with the newest SMAPI.

• 13akoors

Entoarox is currently working on updating mods, but it may take some time. New versions will be added as they are completed :)

• pig256

pig256 Yeah, You!

• 13akoors

Literally read the post right above yours. It is being worked on, and will get done when it gets done. Please be patient

thingwithwings likes this.
                  • pig256

pig256 Yeah, You!

Oh, sorry I didnt notice, thanks a million

• apsuliman

apsuliman Space Hobo

plaese update

• 13akoors

Ento is a very busy person, and will get around to updating whenever possible. Please be patient

Beon likes this.
                        • SunTide

SunTide Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm with the "just be patient" crowd, but now that Slamerz has filled in and started updating Entoarox Framework, it's natural to wonder if Advanced Location Loader is something that Slamerz also wants to tackle. Is this on the list?

13akoors likes this.
                          • 13akoors

It's fine to wonder that, but if that's the case, you should be asking Ento if Slamerz is allowed to do that, or asking Slammerz if he wants to/has permission to do that.

I'm not here trying to get mad at people or shut down conversation. I"m simply trying to help Ento out by replying to basic questions, and it gets very annoying seeing people repeatedly say "this doesn't work. Fix now plz." without looking up and seeing if Ento is already aware and/or working on it. I mean, I've had to post the "be patient" text 3 times just here on ALL...

I hope that through the combination of Slammerz and Ento (and maybe Pathos if he's ever not busy), all of Ento's mods will be brought back up to full working status. Alternatively, if you're someone who's good at coding and tired of waiting on these mods to get fixed, maybe try your hand at making a competing mod.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Slamerz has permission for updating all my mods, but as far as I am aware he has not done so for ALL.

13akoors likes this.
                              • Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

Uh oh. Well, good luck Entoarox if this is where you leave off. Pleasure working with you. I'll return -someday-

• SunTide

SunTide Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I checked the Stardew discord and I found Slamerz talking about how he is working on Advanced Location Loader. So it might get updated afterall.

Androxilogin, the main reason I want ALL is because of your mods, so please stick around.

Androxilogin likes this.
                                  • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I am not leaving off, RL is just making it impossible for me to do the updates right now. >_<

I can promise that I will be updating at some point, but just not any time soon :(

Androxilogin likes this.
                                    • Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

I'll be around but unfortunately not until January at the earliest as it's looking so far. Thanks for the faith!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Advanced Location Loader 1.4.4 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3.30+ only.)

Release notes:
                                        • Updated for Stardew Valley 1.3.
                                        • Fixed Linux/Mac compatibility.
                                        • Fixed error loading content packs which specify a format version like 1.2.9 instead of 1.2.
                                        • Removed custom update checks; replaced by standard SMAPI update alerts.
                                        • Refactored internally.
                                        (It's only on Nexus since I don't have access to update the Chucklefish mod page, but Entoarox is welcome to upload it here too.)