NPC Farm Animal - Cataroot

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Indigen0us, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Indigen0us

Indigen0us Lucky Number 13

So, I came up with an idea while I was playing.
    "Hey, it's too difficult to farm Living Root."

So, I came here to propose a little farm animal, purchasable at the Terramart, as a cage (unsprited) that'll spawn in a baby version (also unsprited) and can be found in Floran villages.

The spriting isn't all that well, but it's based on the cat and snake sprite (both from their respective races), and should have a vine for a tail, and differently colored petals around it's neck.

The concept is, that it'll produce Living Root every here and then.
    I'm willing to change the name. It's horrible right now.

Here's the sprite, It's unfinished, of course. It'll have half the HP of a fluffalo.
    Cat_white.png
    Suggested Names:
    Cataroot (My Idea)
    Agave (Moor Al-Malik)

EDIT: Agave sounds neat, after being provided what the plant looks like, I think the sprite is due a little fix where the tail looks like the plant itself

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    wooltwo2006 and Daikon Ocelot like this.
  2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

It is like a floran-like cat. Nice sprite by the way, just need more improvement.

Edit - I am come up with a name, how about Agave.

3. Indigen0us

Indigen0us Lucky Number 13

Sounds neat, could you give me some context as to why it's named Agave? I just wanna know :)

4. Daikon Ocelot

Well, Agave is a kind of a plant. They mainly live in a hot and arid region, but some also live in a tropical region. They have a thick, fleshy and pointy leaves. Some species has a flower shaped like a tail.

This is what Agave looks like.
    [​IMG]

Looks pretty reasonable, right. They have a huge leaves and flower like a tail of a cat (well, more or less).

Indigen0us likes this.
  5. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why would you not call it a felime?

6. wooltwo2006

wooltwo2006 Space Hobo

Awesome, I would just change the eye color to black though. Definitely Floran.

7. wooltwo2006

wooltwo2006 Space Hobo

Oh and I have a suggestion for the hp to be double a hens because dats a tiny lil kitty. I could also be aggressive towards hens too and attack them which would make sense it being a cat.

8. The Avelon

The Avelon Phantasmal Quasar

I like it. I have a weakness for the concept of cat farming thanks to Dwarf Fortress.

Agaveline might be the name you are looking for. Follows the naming convention of fluffalo a little closer. I made a crop for each of the vault trader mats (just personal, not gonna release it) but would prefer some livestock for them.

2 suggestions:

1.) Give these guys at least a chance to additionally drop sharpened claws; these are slightly easier to come by but farming them via hunting is still a pain.

2.) How about another one for hardened carapaces, perhaps a mollusk of some kind or a giant insect? Then that leaves only phase matter. You could even maybe design a livestock creature that offers carapaces and phase matter, though I don't really know what that creature would look like.

9. Daikon Ocelot

Hey, Agaveline sounds great. The name Agave with a bit of modification. I like it.

The Avelon likes this.
  10. The Avelon

The Avelon Phantasmal Quasar

If this were my mod I'd totally reference myself with 'Avegato', but I like Agaveline with the reference to agave better. ;)

Daikon Ocelot likes this.