Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You'll need tIDE since some of those require animation frames and you can only use "Load" with map files in content patcher.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Allayna, I tried it and although I could see the path north of the farm, I could not enter the area.

Thank you, paradigmnomad. That's pretty much what I thought, although I was hoping otherwise.. lol

• pablin_1456

pablin_1456 Aquatic Astronaut

@Allayna Yes, it is broken, this is what appears in the SAMPI registry console:

Code:
        [SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.NullReferenceException: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
           en StardewValley.Game1.UpdateOther(GameTime time) en C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:línea 3915
           en StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) en C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:línea 2345
           en StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) en C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:línea 702

• paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The biggest issue why this isn't working is because it's a SMAPI mod not an XNB mod. You're trying to reference a file that doesn't exist in the vanilla game `Maps/Backwoods` and `Maps/Expansion`. You're also missing many core files with the CP version. I recommend people download the 1.3 update the author posted.

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Thanks for the test guys... Pathos is looking at it for me, just wanted to make sure it wasnt just me

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

backwoods is a vanilla file i edited, and you can load new maps in cp, i and others have done it before. look a few pages back at the jungle temple i converted
              https://community.playstarbound.com...ent-patcher-packs.141577/page-42#post-3299529

• Mopsy

Mopsy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have ported Medieval/Traditional Hats, with robust configuration options to Content Patcher.

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

It seems to work well enough in conjunction with Huancz's unofficial update(tested a few days on a new save): https://community.playstarbound.com...tardew-valley-1-3.142524/page-22#post-3300838

The error you're seeing happens only when you're using your ContentPack by itself; without the SMAPI update, as paradigmnomad mentioned.

With the SMAPI side of the mod updated, & in use with your ContentPack. The Northern warp point is still a little broken. It warps you back to the default farm near the western warp point. But, it won't get stuck on "Loading". You can then proceed to the expansion without issue using the western warp point.

• andiluxe

andiluxe Phantasmal Quasar

Does anyone have experience migrating some character/farmer mods to content patcher? It seems hit or miss to me, and I can't tell if it's something I'm doing wrong or if it's the limits of Content Patcher itself.

Example:
                    I have a pack loading many more shirts than vanilla, and they seem to work except I'm getting weird black lines on some or my skin tone won't load properly in others.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Is this anything I can fix?

• rummyb

rummyb Void-Bound Voyager

@Moragaine Sorry to bother you, but I had a question about the Basement mod. The spot in the kitchen where the fireplace normally goes is empty, and I can't place anything or walk in that spot. I know the fireplaces are movable now, but like I said I can't put it in that spot. Also, with the mod installed the floor overlaps the wall tiles in that spot as well, though I don't really care about that. If I uninstall the mod, everything works as normal. Is this something I can fix? Or am I just being dumb, because I'm very new to modding. Here are some pictures of the place I mean, with and without the mod, if that helps at all

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

So, I messaged Pathoschild on the Discord about my Extension and Temple maps that shouldn't work.
                        I was able to figure out that with PYTK running the maps will load - https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1726
                        To quote Pathos "What black magic is PyTK? Somehow with PyTK installed, locations are added dynamically when you warp to a location which doesn't exist, but which has a map file in Content/Maps?"
                        I've had that installed for ages, and was loading maps no problem without realizing that shouldn't be possible.
                        *shrug*

• Mumpfbrapp

Mumpfbrapp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi there, i use
                          SDV v1.3.27
                          SMAPI v2.60
                          Expanded Access Maps v17.50 (with all settings set to [true] apart from summit and reborn )
                          With Farm Expansion v3.30 AND Farm Expansion v3.40.beta
                          I am stuck at the loading screen and get this Error:

[11:34:42 TRACE game] Warping to Farm
                          [11:34:52 TRACE game] Warping to Backwoods
                          [11:34:58 TRACE game] Warping to Expansion
                          [11:34:59 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                          at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateOther(GameTime time) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3915
                          at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2345
                          at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 702

(EDIT) Hm, this whole post may be irrelevant now, i am sorry, i forgot to read the latest page of Posts.

• Moragaine

@rummyb Yes, I have been aware of a problem there, but I had no idea until recently how to fix it. However, I have now figured it out and have finished going thru all the versions of the mod. I only have to repackage and upload them. I started a seperate thread for the mod once I had all 4 version converted, but if you let me know which version you're using, I can stick it in here.

• Ches713

Ches713 Void-Bound Voyager

Attached Files:

aijvelle likes this.
                            • rummyb

rummyb Void-Bound Voyager

• Moragaine

Alrighty, here you go:

Attached Files:

aijvelle likes this.
                              • Dostic

Dostic Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry if this was asked before but I want to know if a content pack can change a map too? I would love to play on this map but I'm not sure how.
                                https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1545/
                                This is the map I would like to play on but I don't know how to make it a file fit for content changer and if that's even possible.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Sort of...

You would need to unpack the farm.xnb file, edit the base with tIDE, then re-pack into an XNB and use the 'Load' function to run it... so it is possible, but it isn't as simple as a tileswap for objects.

The problem is that it is a 1.2 map, which means it doesn't have accomodations for where multiplayer shacks go, and as a result it would crash upon startup when it looks for them. However, editing them in would be non-trivial in and of itself. Possible, maybe, or one could simply take a current map and edit it to resemble the one you linked. Either way, I wouldn't say it is *impossible*, all I will definitively say is that it would require significantly more investment than the previous requests.

• Dostic

Dostic Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Guess I have to learn to make maps then. Thanks for the quick reply.

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Re-uploading these two maps. Both require PYTK to load the new maps. (Pathos is looking into this requirement)
                                      Originals here and here.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.