Tutorial Weapon Tutorial v1.3

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by projectmayhem, May 18, 2018.

1. wylandylan22

wylandylan22 Space Hobo

How would you add the weapons to vendors, to random gen in chests, or just place in a chest in the intro mission?

2. wylandylan22

wylandylan22 Space Hobo

I've discovered something I find interesting: when spawning an item, if you misspell the item name as in the "itemName" in this case "PMlightsaber" then it gives you "a generic block". If you edit the starter broadsword (broken broadsword) and change its itemName then it gives you a generic block in the chest or just the Generic block if you skip intro. BUT i believe if you dont change the itemName then you can change its stats.

3. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

You would need to patch the appropriate treasure pool file.

Anytime you do not spell an item/objects name right, you will get the PGI.
    Changing the starting swords name causes the PGI because the treasure pool is looking for the old swords name and there is no longer a sword of that name.
    And yes...you can change basically everything but the name of an item/object and the item/object will still spawn naturally where it's suppose to.

4. wylandylan22

wylandylan22 Space Hobo

you can also craft armor with PGIs

5. Magmatico

Magmatico Void-Bound Voyager

dont want to be rude, but its not a big secret here.

6. wylandylan22

wylandylan22 Space Hobo

Well... Im a noob. I only got the game a week ago and have barely played without any mods and now am using FrackinUniverse (plus a custom mod of mine to make the protectorate armor actually have some protection) so anything that is semi-secret is a discovery for me.

7. SeaworthySponge

SeaworthySponge And Do the MONKEY!

how do i get it in-game

8. PseudoGold

PseudoGold Pangalactic Porcupine

Go into admin mode with "/admin", then do"/spawnitem (your itemname as specified the .activeitem file"

So if you wanted a tungsten magnum, you'd type "/spawnitem tungstenmagnum".

projectmayhem likes this.
  9. Magmatico

Magmatico Void-Bound Voyager

For projectiles:
    damageType can be "NoDamage" i believe, and "IgnoresDef". The first one is used for, well, no damage, and the second one is used for Nuru's Spear, ignoring the defense. *Fun fact, you can kill Asra Nox with Nuru's Spear even during the shield*

10. Kordharin

Kordharin Big Damn Hero

I must be doing something wrong, then. All my items are currently Perfectly Generic…

11. Yugi01

Yugi01 Void-Bound Voyager

Bro, I try to do this but it doesn't let me, I mean it lets me do the firedps and basedps thing, but the damageSourceKind and the statusEffects don't.

12. Tentokai Vali

Tentokai Vali Space Spelunker

any idea how to fix this one?
    ``[14:24:07.797] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[tempestsniper, 1, {}]'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/items/buildscripts/buildunrandweapon.lua"]:46: bad argument #1 to 'for iterator' (table expected, got nil)
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in ?
    [C]: in for iterator 'for iterator'
    [string "/items/buildscripts/buildunrandweapon.lua"]:46: in function <[string "/items/buildscripts/buildunrandweapon.lua"]:6>``

13. Wasperman

Wasperman Intergalactic Tourist

Yeah, I know, 6 years is pretty much, but... How can you change your weapon's position in hand? Like if you have a huge sword or something like that, and you're holding it by the blade instead of the handle