RELEASED Animal Husbandry Mod (former Butcher Mod) [v2.4.1]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Digus, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

Are you in spring year 2 or 3? The shows have a 2 year cycle. If you are in year 3 or any other odd number, it's the best time to try the mod, because you will get all tips in the order.
    You will have to open the game once after installing the mod for the config to be created. After that just edit "DisableMeat" and "DisablePregnancy" to true and load the game again.

About the compatibility problem, are you using stardew valley 1.2.33?
    Even if you are, you might no have the same problem as Ginger256, he even removed artisan goods and it still did not work. It's probably another problem with his installation or another mod.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i will be starting year 2. i deleted my second-year file and i've only had the game for about a month :rofl:

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

Ok, so you will be getting the more advanced tips on animal feeding.
        If you want you can read the shows you missed in the "i18n/default.json" file. They are in order, so you can stop when you get to the first show you watch after installing. Their keys in the file start with "TV.LivingWithTheAnimals.Episode."

• Ginger256

Ginger256 Void-Bound Voyager

So I went in, used the harmony file from PyTK to make sure they were all the same - including the one in the base game folder - and it's still giving the same error relating back to the basket and cleaver. https://log.smapi.io/3aHtgax8 (Sorry this is taking so long)

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

This bug is really unfortunate. With this version of SMAPI you should have no 0harmony.dll file on your base folder. You could try to remove that, but I'm not sure it will matter. There is a wrong version or harmony being loaded with the game, and that is conflicting all those mods.
            You are seeing this error when saving the tools because that is probably the first mod that do something that needs harmony.
            The error you should aim to fix is this one:
            Code:
            14:13:45     ERROR     PyTK     Mod crashed on entry and might not work correctly. Technical details:
            System.ArgumentException: Object of type 'Harmony.CodeInstruction' cannot be converted to type 'Harmony.CodeInstruction'.
            I don't know what else to recommend you. You could probably look for help in the discord channel, but Stardew Valley will update tomorrow and you will have to update all your mods to version 1.3 and your problem will probably be gone.

• Ginger256

Ginger256 Void-Bound Voyager

Fair enough - thanks so much for trying to help me anyway! ^_^

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

You're welcome.
                Please report back if the problem is solved with the new version. If it persist I can try to help you some more.

• mebygrace2

mebygrace2 Big Damn Hero

Hi, not really replying to "this" comment, reply, post... but, on the subject of this mod, and the Feeding Basket, treats for the animals.... I have simply been searching for a list of the treats each type of animal prefers.... I am impatient to learn/have all the treats each animal likes and will eat... hasn't someone posted that somewhere? How about the Dinosaurs, will they eat treats? WHAT? Please... someone, thank you... just a clean list, like the likes and dislikes lists in the Wiki? Thank you very much... post, if possible in all three venues/forums?

• coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

Those are the treats that I always gave to my animals,

Cows : Amaranth
                    Chickens : Corn
                    Pigs : Melon, Pumpkin
                    Rabbits : Cauliflower
                    Ducks : Bok Choy
                    Goats : Grapes (need correction, I know this from Livin on farm but until now, I always gave my goats Cave Carrots)

I'm afraid that I don't quite know for Sheeps, Dinosaurs and Void chickens yet
                    However it's certain that all barn animals loves Cave carrots

Hope this helps you out.

few notes for you, I think you don't have to worry about the dislikes, since the animals only refuse the incorrect treats and it won't drop their friendship points.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
                    • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i got an error when saving;
                      https://log.smapi.io/xGBN5qNc

the save crashes before you an be brought back to the game and must be closed, when the game is restarted the save takes but the feeder basket and wand are removed and their respective letters are back in the mailbox

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

Where were the tools when this happen? in your inventory? some chest? where were the chest?
                        Is this happening everyday?

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i tried in my inventory and in my chest, it keeps setting me back to the same day i started(winter 24) i've saved two times in the house and i did a save-anywhere in my hen barn. i never /ever/ save outside so i have not tried that

none of my mods have incompatibility issues with each other or the updated smapi/multiplayer(both the ones i have active and any of the ones i trade out from a desktop folder) that would cause a crash

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

You are no trying to save at sleep, you are using a mod to save?
                            I don't know if PyTK is compatible with that.

My mod has custom tools that can not be saved normally. So I use PyTK to handle it for my. It basically remove the tools before saving and put a replacement. When loading, it change the replacement for the tools.

I'm going to try 'Save Anywher'e when I get home to see if that is the problem.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

sorry, yeah. it's the last week of my first year and i am in a rush to complete the bundles before spring :rofl: i save so that if i mess up too badly i can go back to an earlier part of the day and not start from the begining

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

Released the 2.2.0 version.
                                The only addition from the beta is that Temporary sprites are now synchronizing in multiplayer. So farmhands other can see the cloud effect when using meat cleaver/wand, and will also see the bracket and the crop the animal is eating. But the player and animals animations are still not synchronizing. I didn't had time to look into it thought.

I still have to update the first post with the whole new version info, but nexus is fully updated, read there to know all the changes from 2.1.2

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

ok, when it's updated i will try that version

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

I didn't have time to look into save everywhere. But I don't think it will be that simple and it is probably something PyTK should handle.
                                    So, this mod might not be compatible with Save Anywhere.

Edit: Just confirm. PyTK is not compatible with Save Anywhere, there is nothing I can do. That make Animal Husbandry not compatible as well.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
                                    • mewylla

mewylla Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, i have some problems with the meat prices, i've done changes to get lower prices, saved it but when i go to my save the meat stay at the same price. Any help please?

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

Are you looking at meats you had already?
                                        Store them in chests and try to get new meat from your animals.
                                        I think the game saves the old prices with the objects, but new ones should be created with the new prices. But you have to get them without having any with the old price in the inventory, otherwise the game keep the same old object and just add to the stack.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

ok so i made it to spring and so i did not need save-anywhere and i figured that would be the end of the issue but no, now i have a different one; saving only through sleep my wand changes to a cleaver then back to a wand(it changed all but one day+sleep-cycle over a period of 6 in-game days), also on the 6th day my first dinosaur hatched after 7pm and upon going to bed the game crashed and closed itself out. i have not tried again to see if it would repeat itself but as no other mod that was installed at the time caused this error in my other save i am going to put the blame squarely on the husbandry mod