1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Closed Stardew Valley Multiplayer: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Aug 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Hello everyone,

The Stardew Valley multiplayer update is now live! We'll try to keep any bug reports updated inside this thread to make it easier on everyone to get an overview of where things are at.

If you're having trouble connecting check your settings. Both within the game and your privacy settings on your steam profile. Full instructions for connecting to other players are in the blog post - it's important that you closely follow the necessary steps.

Reporting Tips
    • If you're reporting a crash, please attach your crash log and/or save file. This will help identify the issue much, much faster.
    • Make sure you're on the current version! Make sure you've updated before reporting
    • Please be as detailed as possible about what you were doing in game when you had the issue
    • Even if the issue has been reported, if you have new details please share!
    Below is a list of issues which we've identified since launching multiplayer into the main branch. If you're having a problem in this list marked 'need more details' it would be helpful to provide more info - we're still working on reproducing/determining a cause for these issues. If your issue isn't listed here then please be as detailed as possible reporting it so we can review. Always check you have the newest game/system updates before reporting an issue to make sure it hasn't already been fixed!

Current Version: 1.3.29
    Make sure you have the latest version before reporting issues. The game may have been updated.

Color Key:
    Fixed - This issue should be resolved in the recent bugfix patch
    In Develop - Fixed or have a solution in development for a future patch.
    Investigating - We have reproduced or confirmed this is an issue, but are still developing a solution
    Need More Details - We're aware of the issue, but don't yet have enough information to reproduce/fix

1.3.28 (14 August 2018)
    • (Fixed) bug preventing buildings from being placed where there would be a path/flooring tile in front of the door.
    • (Fixed) music not playing at the Luau festival and in town.
    • (Fixed) clients occasionally crashing in rainy weather.
    • (Fixed) server crash when there are no available network adapters.
    • (Fixed) the load menu showing 'no saved games' while searching for files.
    • (Fixed) crash that occurred if you collided with a monster on the first frame you entered a new location.
    • (Fixed) Robin forgetting that she's meant to upgrade a farmhand cabin if the farmhand disconnects abnormally.
    • (Fixed) farmhands not being able to set the next day's weather with rain totems.
    • (Fixed) farmhands 'swimming' inside their cabins if they're disconnected while swimming in the spa.
    • (Fixed) swimming-related visual bugs in on farmers' faces.
    • (Fixed) furniture rotation graphical glitch.
    • (Fixed) a crash that occurs if you try to copy an invite code while remotely logged into the machine the game is running on.
    • (Fixed) a German localisation issue with '%Farm' appearing in text instead of the farm's name.
    • (Fixed) spouse NPCs not kissing farmers.
    • Various internal changes requested on the modding wishlist.

1.3.29 (21 August 2018)
    • Experimental optimisations (might affect stability - expect 1.3.29 to be slightly less stable than other recent patches)
    • Fixed slimes not pouncing correctly
    • Fixed items-crafted stat being 0 after loading a file until you craft something again
    • Fixed rabbit's foot not affecting the breakup scene in non-English language modes

We plan to collect reports and identify issues to include in an update, but we'll need player reports to be as detailed as possible in order to properly identify/fix these bugs. Our priority obviously will be bugs which impact gameplay like crashes. The schedule of update will depend on issue severity, but we'll likely collect and push bigger bug patches which have had careful testing instead of the frequent patch cycle we had during the beta period.

There are still some issues which have been reported, but are not listed above. This is usually because we haven't seen enough reports/gotten enough details to identify it for escalation. If you've having an issue not listed here please report it with as much detail as possible so we can evaluate it. Also issues already reported in the beta thread are not being ignored, but feel free to re-report details here if you'd like.

If you have a crash bug, please attach your log and save file, thanks!

Logs:
    • Windows: %appdata%\StardewValley\ErrorLogs
    • Linux and Mac: ~/.local/share/StardewValley/ErrorLogs
    Save files:
    • Windows: %appdata%\StardewValley\Saves
    • Linux and Mac: ~/.config/StardewValley/Saves

While some issues have threads dedicated to them - posting details either here or in the corresponding thread would be helpful - we'll do our best to make sure any new info/workarounds are communicated in both places to make sure players can find that info easily.

If you're reporting a bug which was originally reported outside the forums please make sure to add a link to the original post - we may need to contact that player directly for more details.

We're going to continue monitoring these and any newly reported problems, so please provide as much information as possible for any issues you may run into! We've worked really hard on this, and hope you enjoy this update! Thanks everyone!!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    • Terradel

Terradel Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks Kat!

Just wanted to post these, not sure if they were seen.

This visual bug occurs when you happen to be holding one of the directional buttons and you try to plow. Also occurs with the watering can and other tools.

[​IMG]

Also, apparently this still exists in game.

[​IMG]

I combined the following two pics into one. Here, you can see that the Iridium quality Wild Plums are considered Fruit, but the regular, Silver, and Gold quality Wild Plums are considered Forage.

[​IMG]

• Claranon

Claranon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The Pelican Town music is still not playing when you enter the town--seasonal music keeps going and then eventually stops and leaves silence. Luau music was also broken in the beta, but I don't have a save file near that to check.

BostonLagger and Huanir like this.
        • OdinintheNorth

OdinintheNorth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

While riding the horse, I've gone right through fences or fence gates a few times since the update.

• EasyBreezy

EasyBreezy Space Hobo

Thanks for all the hard work on this update!

Don't have screenshots of it, but all the chest rewards in the mines seemed to have reset (minus the Starfruit on Level 100). Not game-breaking as far as I can tell but figured I'd point it out!

Gandalor 75 and MasterSquiddie like this.
            • ssokolow

ssokolow Cosmic Narwhal

The horse sometimes flickers through crops it's standing among (when not being ridden, if it matters) and the category detail popup for end-of-day tallies fills the screen without any space for margins (which is uncomfortable and excessive on a 22" 1920x1080 monitor).

In case any of it is relevant to the bug, I'm running:
              • The just-released GOG Linux build of Stardew Valley 1.3.27
              • The game running fullscreen'd to 1920x1080 on the middle of three monitors (1280x1024, 1920x1080, 1280x1024)
              • Kubuntu Linux 14.04.5 LTS
              • Kwin's desktop compositing enabled
              • An nVidia GeForce GTX750
              • The nVidia binary drivers, version 384.130
              • The centre monitor set as the device to sync to via nvidia-settings

• Splittykitty

Splittykitty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey there -

A bug I reported during the Beta is still present in the game as of 1.3.27. The bug is fairly easy to notice: randomly when a crop is watered, on the next day it will appear as if it did not get watered the previous day (did not grow) while at the same time retaining the appearance of being watered.

As you can see here, it is 6AM (day just started) and one of my Parsnips looks like it has been watered already, and it's not grown up overnight. I have also noticed this bug happening prior to the 1.3.27 update on both PC and Switch (and the prevalence of it also being on the Switch makes me confident it is not a mod causing this.) This bug can be fairly detrimental, especially if you're trying to grow crops that take an entire season (looking at you, Sweet Gem Berry!). The below screenshot was taken after a day with rain, but I've also seen this bug occur while manually watering and with sprinklers.

I really hope this bug can be fixed. :(

[​IMG]

Previous Thread:
                https://community.playstarbound.com...atered-but-are-not-causes-crop-desync.143472/

• spacedoggity

spacedoggity Void-Bound Voyager

Luau music also isn't working for me. Game cuts from the seasonal summer music to silence when I enter the beach during the festival. All other sound/audio for the festival seems to be working fine.

Huanir likes this.
                  • DragonOmnus

DragonOmnus Void-Bound Voyager

Posted about this twice AND gave you enough info to track it down, but you completely ignored it in favor of trying to fix the "lag" everybody complained about which is probably a result of this problem & wouldn't need fixing if this problem was fixed. Now I'll show you the proof this is a problem you need to fix. The "(Core 0) 99.77%" refers to my core 0 being loaded to 99.77% by Stardew Valley. This doesn't occur any other time or running any other program or game, except things like video transcoders which I would expect the behavior from. This shows a problem with SV, especially given my CPU is an i7 4790. This behavior doesn't even occur when I'm running ARK or Subnautica. ARK is the game everybody complains about being terribly optimized despite it being fairly good, and Subnautica is the game which is actually horribly optimized, but SV is the only game/program which causes this problem. The "12.53% Stardew Valley.exe" refers to Stardew Valley consuming 12.53% of my overall CPU, not the specific core. 1/8 of 8 cores is 1 core, which is Stardew Valley maxing out my 1 core, resulting in the FPS drop & what most people are calling lag, especially for clients of a host when the host's CPU is overloaded by Stardew Valley. This problem still exists in .27.

Attached Files:

MasterSquiddie likes this.
                    • MasterSquiddie

MasterSquiddie Space Hobo

I keep getting a weird audio bug in which if I click on the Travelling Cart while walking in a position close enough to access it, the footsteps sound effect keeps playing even though I let go of the button. This doesn't happen if I click on the cart while standing still. The issue fixes itself when the menu is closed or another program is opened on top of Stardew Valley. Also, the Pelican Town music seems to not play anymore...

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

That's very odd. Does it happen in single player, or prior to 1.3 at all? When this happens in multiplayer, are you the host or a client?

We've been working on optimisations aimed at the console ports, but these will come to PC in a patch as well.

That said, the network lag was a real issue caused by a bug creating far more network traffic than necessary, not due to a lack of CPU.

Katzeus likes this.
                        • hvidgaard

hvidgaard Space Hobo

The wife and I played co-op last evening, and when we wanted to play again it's stuck on connecting for her. If I create a new farm she can connect without problem, but we cannot continue with the savegame from yesterday. When we stopped the wife exited, and I finished watering and slept while she was not in the game. There is no error log. I have attached the savegame.

Have anyone else experienced the same?

Attached Files:

• sirsilica

sirsilica Void-Bound Voyager

That has been in the game for as long as I can remember. It seems to be in the save data, because it affects the same tiles when you reload the save. It's pretty easily reproducible if you have a lot of crops planted.

Edit: And I would like to note that it is not exclusive to regular crops, but also happens to fruit trees as well, as sometimes they will miss a day of growth even without anything at all in the surrounding tiles. I would upload my save file here, but I keep getting a message saying I can't because it is "spam-like".

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
                              Baruch_S likes this.
                            • Antiochus

Antiochus Void-Bound Voyager

Foraged vegetables still mostly useless.

We should be able to make beers out of: Cave Carrots, Winter Roots, Snow Yams, Dandelions
                              We should be able to make pickles out of: Cave Carrots, Winter Roots, Snow Yams, Dandelions, Leeks, Wild Horseradish, Spring Onions, All Edible Mushrooms

Faeryheart likes this.
                              • ayman561

ayman561 Void-Bound Voyager

I took a seasonal plant and tried to place it on top of the table but this happened..
                                cactus.PNG cactus 2.PNG

Baruch_S likes this.
                                • ayman561

ayman561 Void-Bound Voyager

There's a hat problem too. It keep appearing and disappearing
                                  hat problem.PNG

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

For quests posted on the message board in town outside Pierre's, there is a huge discrepancy between what the wiki suggests is possible and what actually happens.

https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Quests

The only gathering quest you ever get is Copper ore from Clint. The wiki suggests that Clint should also ask for iron or gold ores, or coal, and that Robin should ask for wood and stone, but that never happens.

For fishing quests, Willy is the only one who asks, but wiki says Demetrius should also ask

For monster quests, it's only ever slimes and only ever for Lewis, but it should also be any other monster, and it should also be requested by Wizard, Clint or Demetrius

With the new version now coming out of beta, it would be really good if these could be activated in the game, to increase the variety of requests.

• sirsilica

I played around with my save file a little and found that it saves the crop in "state" 1 which means it is watered, and doesn't increase the "dayofcurrentphase" by 1. So something goes wrong during the saving process there. Maybe add a check for any crops saved in state 1 to make them grow a day? Of course that would also affect retaining soil...

Edit: I'm surprised the file attached this time. But anyways, the crop in question is tile 43,23.

Attached Files:

• TheRaven81

TheRaven81 Pangalactic Porcupine

You can upload your save if you zip the folder it's in and upload the .zip file instead. ;)

• sirsilica

It worked on the second post I tried it on (the one directly above your reply). It probably wasn't working because I tried a few times uploading it before putting it in a .zip file. When I finally added it to a .zip for the previous post, that's when it said it was spam-like.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.