Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asunai

asunai Void-Bound Voyager

Hmm, I dunno. It worked fine in notepad ++ though. We good. Now comes to task of editing the buildings so they don't have any graphics bugs~

Edit: I just realized you seem to be the person who made the expanded access maps that I love so much. Thanks for that lol.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    • Blackblooddoomwolf

Blackblooddoomwolf Void-Bound Voyager

Hey! Since the official announcement of the launch of 1.3 I’ve been trying to convert all my current mods to CP. Thanks for all your hard work btw saved me a ton of time. However, I have three mods left that are a little out of my league that I was hoping someone could convert. I didn’t see any of these posted on the other pages but I may have missed them.

Harvey Personality Mod - I know someone did the dialogue but the whole mod is really good and I love it a lot.

Jas Events - I saw that someone did the yandere version but I prefer my children less insane. :)

Rabbit's Foot to Usagi Mochi - This mod had some coding issues to begin with that I had to fix. The line 446 in the object information xnb wasn't in the same format as all the other lines. If you change the format to fit the others the whole mod works fine.

Thanks in advance! I may get the chance to fiddle with this on my own but considering how many other things I'm working on you guys will probably understand what to do and get it done a lot quicker than I would.

aijvelle likes this.
      • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

got the rabbits foot done!

Attached Files:

• a4k

a4k Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry that I'm repeating (and for my bad English, this is not my native language), but the wiki still has not removed the inscriptions where it says that I did the conversion. :oops:
          Also, I want to repeat my request once again, if it is allowed...

• Blackblooddoomwolf

Blackblooddoomwolf Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much!

• Arkanto

Arkanto Void-Bound Voyager

Sesonal "Gold" Clock

CP version for a more natural look to the Gold Clock with seasonal textures.

Attached Files:

paladinofthelantern likes this.
              • Inalleon

Inalleon Phantasmal Quasar

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
              • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Here ya go!
                Edit- bad content files, sorry, fixed now

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
                  Medicell likes this.
                • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Attached Files:

009i66 likes this.
                • a4k

a4k Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you!
                  Such a trifle makes me happier :D

Okay, your mods are working, but somehow the mods partially remove the game interface, something like this: https://i.imgur.com/zhM6TXf.jpg

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Yep that's what happens when I derp.... fixed the files, original post

a4k likes this.
                    • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Attached Files:

Medicell likes this.
                    • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

aaaah<3 you are stellar(and fast)!

• princessiphi

princessiphi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ooooh wow will those work in 1.3?! I thought A.L.L. was broken in 1.3?

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Attached Files:

Inalleon likes this.
                        • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

It's content patcher.... granted, I think some of the stuff ALL could do isn't possible (at least not yet?).
                          for example, I think in this temple you had to offer something to the statue/s to get into the rooms and the pillar/red text thing would disappear. If that can be done with CP, I'd love to see how! Might take a combo SMAPI/CP mod...
                          But the maps are fuctional!

• pablin_1456

pablin_1456 Aquatic Astronaut

It does not work well ... please help me
                            says this on the console

[ContentPatcher] Error loading content pack '[CP] FarmHouse Extended'. Technical details:
                            Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Can't parse JSON file at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\[CP] Extended Farmcaves\content.json. This doesn't seem to be valid JSON.
                            Technical details: After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: F. Path 'Changes[11].Target', line 83, position 4.
                            en StardewModdingAPI.Toolkit.Serialisation.JsonHelper.ReadJsonFile[TModel](String fullPath)
                            en StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentPack.ReadJsonFile[TModel](String path) en C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentPack.cs:línea 57
                            en ContentPatcher.Framework.ManagedContentPack.ReadJsonFile[TModel](String path) en C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\ContentPatcher\Framework\ManagedContentPack.cs:línea 75
                            en ContentPatcher.ModEntry.<LoadContentPacks>d__13.MoveNext() en C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\ContentPatcher\ModEntry.cs:línea 0

• Matt0027

Matt0027 Void-Bound Voyager

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

sorry, fixed it

Thread Status:
                              Not open for further replies.