Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Reworked Monster Valley, fixed a couple things and added a config with an option to see the changes all year or just on Spirits Eve.

edit - error in this file, look below

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Here ya go. there's a config for blue or gold, or to have the tudor house or not
      I defaulted it to blue buildings with tudor house
      If you wanna share I'll help you put together the full mod later

Attached Files:

• ColossusX13

ColossusX13 Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much that's perfect.

Edit:
        There seems to be an error

[ContentPatcher] Error loading content pack 'CP Monster Valley'. Technical details:
        This doesn't seem to be valid JSON.
        Technical details: Invalid property identifier character: `. Path 'Changes[146].When', line 1359, position 0.
        at StardewModdingAPI.Toolkit.Serialisation.JsonHelper.ReadJsonFile[TModel](String fullPath)
        at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentPack.ReadJsonFile[TModel](String path) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentPack.cs:line 57
        at ContentPatcher.Framework.ManagedContentPack.ReadJsonFile[TModel](String path) in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\ContentPatcher\Framework\ManagedContentPack.cs:line 75
        at ContentPatcher.ModEntry.<LoadContentPacks>d__13.MoveNext() in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\ContentPatcher\ModEntry.cs:line 0

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Drat, fixed...
          One extra quotation mark breaks the whole thing lol

Attached Files:

PandaNikita and Medicell like this.
          • bmblb333

bmblb333 Orbital Explorer

thank you so much!!!!
            Edit: Im not sure if another mod of mine is conflicting with it but even the revised version isnt changing the appearance for the villagers for me? :( smapi says theres no issues with loading the mod but theres no difference to be seen
            Edit #2: noticed the config file and fixed it myself haha :p thanks again!!

• asunai

asunai Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much :)

• asunai

@ Allayna what code would I need to add to be able to add a shed option to the pack? I found a shed that goes with the buildings. Also found a gold clock. There's also a recolored lavender version that someone else did that would be pretty nice to add to it as well, but mostly I just want to figure out how to add the shed and clock to the blue package as that's the one I'm focusing on. Once I do finish touching everything up I'll probably share it as the original author did give permission for people to take up his/her work and complete it.

Edit: Okay so I'm compiling all of the pieces of the blue, gold, and silver set to include the junimo hut, clock, and shed. If i could ask you one more teensy favor in a bit to help me edit the CP to include those buildings and options that would be awesome. Then I will go ahead and fix up the files and probably upload them and share them for people to enjoy :)

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Attached Files:

Medicell likes this.
                • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

do those have a blue and gold versions, or just one of each like the slime hutch?

• asunai

Okay here is a re-zipped file containing All files for the entire set of farm buildings, Including recolors of the slime shack for gold and lavender, Obelisk recolors, including one for the desert obelisk mod, (Its okay if you dont include them I just thought I'd be really thorough here), and made the missing files for the other colors: Junimo huts, Silos, and Gold Clocks. If you could please adjust the CP file to support all of the files I would so very much appreciate it. It will enable me to go ahead and start fixing up the png's so I can release it for everyone to enjoy :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfgwz4h65rl4pdy/[CP] Asunai Compilation - ALL FILES.7z?dl=0

Edit: Allayna I went ahead and just quickly made some recolors so all versions blue, gold, and lavender, have ALL replacement files. 15 files total for each it appears. Don't think I missed anything, please let me know if I did. Whatever files the colors were missing I went ahead and quickly just made. Once I have the CP framework I'll go back and perfect all options / colors.

• princessiphi

princessiphi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you so much again. You're a life saver!

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

working on it for ya! does the original tudor house need to be in there, and are the obelisks going to be recolored?

edit- here's the folder with frame work

If you want to add the obelisks as recolored later, the format is

{
                        "Action": "load",
                        "Target": "buildings/*default building name*",
                        "FromFile": "assets/*color*/*building name*.png",
                        "When": {
                        "Color": "*color*",
                        },
                        },

so you would have this for the Blue Desert Obelisk....

{
                        "Target": "buildings/Desert Obelisk",
                        "FromFile": "assets/Blue/Desert Obelisk.png",
                        "When": {
                        "Color": "Blue",
                        },
                        },

Attached Files:

PandaNikita likes this.
                        • asunai

Nah we can exclude the original tudor house, it was just the other house I liked to use a lot, but lately I've been using the blue one. I dunno about the obelisk, they kind of go with all of the colors. Should I make individual recolor versions of them? What do you think would be best for coherency?

Thank you for all of your assistance :)

• asunai

Running into a problem with the CP file for the compilation.
                            https://imgur.com/a/kKeaTFg

I tried to remove the desert obilisk from the content file because the desert obilisk is actually a mod someone made (Not one by default in game) and apparently the CP you made for me does not work well with the other persons file, so I'm just going to replace the desert oblisk PNG in their mod file instead of trying to incorporate it into my own. (I changed the appearance of the obelisk they provided in their mod).

I really suck at coding stuff :wut: I probably removed something I shouldn't have. What did I do, I keeled it. x_x

Desert obelisk mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2021
                            I made my own texture for the obelisk because I didn't like theirs, but I wanted to have a desert obelisk because the game does not have one by default and pam is a butthead and not always at the bus stop. =_= Like on spring 25.

Edit Edit: I just want to remove the CP file that you made mes instructions to use the desert obelisk PNG. I'll include it in my mods files but advise people they need to replace the PNG of the original desert obelisk mod. However, every time I touch code to try and do this myself I murder things :<

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
                            • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

you want to remove this -

{
                              "Target": "buildings/Desert Obelisk",
                              "FromFile": "assets/Desert Obelisk.png",
                              },

• asunai

I tried and that's what gave me that error message...Let me see if it saves properly in notepad ++, I was just using regular notepad...

Edit: Okay, don't use regular notepad. Lesson learned...Need to use notepad++. >_>

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
                                • bekahchu

bekahchu Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! I'm new to using these forums so sorry if I don't understand this yet. I searched through a bunch of pages and couldn't find it so I'd really appreciate it if someone could make a Content Patcher version of this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/912 or tell me where to find it if it was already made. :)

• asunai

Attached Files:

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

lol, that was one i worked on i think...
                                      I'm working on getting theones i did marked on the compat page

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

thats odd, i use notepad....

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.