Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

*headdesk* I was the one that fixed the watersource on these, and then I went and downloaded the originals to do the 15x15 version....
    Fixed version below, sorry guys

• asunai

asunai Void-Bound Voyager

ahaha xD It happens. Thank you very much :) I appreciate it.

Edit: Err..I'm not sure what's causing it to break this time but smapi is not happy:

https://imgur.com/a/X7IxsZU

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
      • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Attached Files:

• asunai

I will happily report that this one is working wonderfully :) And the text is indeed fixed. Not sure what's going on with yuki's though. I appreciate your effort and attempts to fix it, even if it's not agreeing. x_x;

• Nyxyn

Nyxyn Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you a ton for this :D

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

*headdesk* yeah, been a while since I've done a map, told the mod to look for a 'greenhouse.png' to load instead of the map file....

Attached Files:

aijvelle likes this.
            • Nyxyn

Nyxyn Void-Bound Voyager

still something blocking config.json from forming

https://log.smapi.io/MLZmEG77

AHH i see u just fixed so thanks :rofl:

• asunai

Thank you, water source seems to still be broken though in the non tank version. Not a huge deal, I can live without. I feel bad you keep having to go back and fix things >_>

• Nyxyn

Nyxyn Void-Bound Voyager

did u alter the config for tank to be true as it's default is false?

• asunai

No, I'm using the tank-less version. I prefer the tank-less version, what i'm saying is the water source in the tank-less version is not functioning.

• princessiphi

princessiphi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

brb shouting your name from my rooftop

thanks a bunch!

• princessiphi

princessiphi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hate to ask again, but I spent the last 2 days compiling and updating my mods for 1.3 and was able to edit a lot to include xnbs mods into content patcher but these two are beyond my depth:

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/713?tab=description
                        ^ I prefer this one to the other spouse room mods because I like my wife Emily's purple wallpaper. I don't really know how to mess with tbins

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/192
                        ^I absolutely love this mod (even though sometimes I find my unsupervised toddlers wandering amongst my wine barrels/dangerously close to the furnace/in the attic standing creepily next to my skeletons in the wee hours when they should be in bed)

I use the version without the underground cave, with bathroom option C. I wouldn't ask you to do more work than is necessary so please do not feel you have to update all the different versions to content patcher version.

Seriously, thanks so much to the people in this thread that sacrifice their personal time to help other people use the mods we love in SDV. This thread has helped me and so many others immensely. I would bake you all a batch of snickerdoodles if it were possible, but know that you have my gratitude.

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Actually, doing content patcher for maps isn't any harder, you don't have to edit the maps at all, just put it into the asset folder and set up your content file like with pngs

• asunai

Allayna is there any way I could pester you to take a look at the water source on the 15x15 yuki's and fix it? It seems broken again for some reason. Also if anyone wants anything recolored in the game, let me know, that I can do, I just don't know programming so I don't think I can make any complicated coding mods...

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

*headdesk* Seeing this post really confused me because I KNOW I followed the info on setting a watersource tile.... Welp, doesn't help to follow instructions on modding if the instructions are wrong...
                              I looked up how to do the watersource tile when I first posted the greenhouse fixes, and just now found a person later in the thread saying the correct way to do it. The starting post on this thread is a great source of info, just a had one word wrong :rofl:
                              REALLY fixed this time, sorry!

Attached Files:

aijvelle likes this.
                              • asunai

Okay this is a doozy of a request, but I figured I'd throw it out there. Is there anyone who'd be willing to CP-ify all of the files in this zip folder? It's basically an entire set of building replacers for the farm, including a slime hutch that I modified to make it white and fit in with my farms theme).

Edit: If someone does tackle this there are 3 different styles of houses in the zip folder... The files I tend to use all belong to the 'blue building options' + Junimo hut, mill, silo, and slime hutch white. I included the other files in there in case someone wanted to uh make a config file for changing things out >_>

P.S. I'm actually asking because there are a couple of graphical bugs on the barns and stuff and I tried to fix them...but apparently my XNB repacker didn't work so well and I bonkered up my game with the fixed files (Robin's menu for crafting new buildings was looping and not presenting the list of buildings for some reason when I used my new files). It would be a lot easier for me to fix the graphical issues if I just had a flat out PNG to work with inside of a CB folder x_x;;; Sufficed to say, I gave up, an am now using the non-fixed graphics files.

P.P.S, these are the graphic issues I'm trying to fix. Many of the buildings have shading problems. I can fix the shading problems, but apparently if I try to repackage the XNB I screw everything up T_T;;; https://imgur.com/a/k46hOHc

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tehoq4bdcgyn316/Farm Files.zip?dl=0

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
                                • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Got em both done!
                                  That is all of the extended farm caves variations, a config will come up on first run.
                                  The variations are Original, Small, Micro, and Cave, with bathroom options A,B,and C as in original mod.
                                  I've not been able to test it, so please tell me if something strange happens.
                                  Note- if not on beta, the fireplace will be missing. Just hang tight till the update on the first, it'll be fine I promise!

edit 7/30, sorry, fixed the content file on Farmcaves

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
                                    princessiphi likes this.
                                  • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Ah, I think it's not a shading issue, you have a line of pixels of nothing so the white from behind shows through. Look close at these two
                                    Barn.png Barnfix.png

• asunai

Yeah I see what you mean. Easy fix, but for some reason when I recompile the file it screws over my save :( .... so if someone could make a CP version of these so I can work with just the base PNG without having to reconfigure the XNB file, that'd be awesome lol.

Greenhouse works great now btw.

Also thanks for doing that spouse rooms mod, even though it wasn't my request it's a mod I actually use :)
                                      https://imgur.com/a/TxAE8vW <-- my house. My house might be a little on the big side, eh well. lol.

• ColossusX13

ColossusX13 Void-Bound Voyager

Do you think you could edit that content patcher for the "Monster Valley" mod so that the sprites and portaits only change on Spirit's Eve (27th Fall, "SDV Halloween")?

009i66 likes this.
                                        Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.