Modding Discussion A place to discuss map editing and other related stuff

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterPants

PeterPants Void-Bound Voyager

Ive also tried it without Using content patcher and just adding the new location to the contents folder and replaceing the old locations... Its all functional but still the outdoor tilesheet didnt change when its on a nother season, still spring outdoortilesheet...

• PeterPants

PeterPants Void-Bound Voyager

Do i have to do something first to make it dynamic?

Edit: Oh im so dumb... took me until now to realize that you also said Smapi cant add custom seasonal tiles :p my bad

Last edited: May 31, 2018
      • Lorekiss

Lorekiss Master Chief

Hey guys. Basically, I'm having an issue where my bridges don't work. I was making my own farm map and when using tIDE I often keep another table open, in this case, it was the classic mining map. I noticed that in the mining map the bridges were defined at "buildings" but when I place a tile in the buildings layer sheet I am not allowed to walk into it in game.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
        • MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

• Lorekiss

Lorekiss Master Chief

@MouseyPounds Thanks! It is hard going through 48 pages to try and find info... I am still having issues with some random tiles being unpassable even though they are not on the building layer. One main reason I find this weird is because some of the tiles with the same ID can be walked on. It is the same tile every time.

If you can help it would be appreciated.

Also, I have two more issues:

1. Is there any way to make it so that some tiles don't spawn grass logs, etc? This mostly refers to, in town, when Bushes that are 2x2 and are found in the spring tilesheet, not the paths tile sheet.
          2. how does the warp mechanism work. Btw, When I say warp mechanism I mean the one where I don't have to left click something.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
          • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

look on the building layer. even if there is nothing visible, it shoud show a tile id

Lorekiss likes this.
            • kzintiwife

kzintiwife Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the walk over type isn't too bad. It uses the map properties. It looks like x y newmap x_newmap y_newmap where x y is the coordiate of where you want the tile to be, and x_newmap is where you want the warp to be on the new map. (80 15 BusStop 0 23 --- from the farm map -- if you walk on (80,15) you get taken to the bus stop near the bottom left)

note: there is a problem with the green house because apparently its hard coded. The creator of an older mod that would adjust it, has decided to not update it to 1.3.

EDIT: change the farm map>building layer>where the greenhouse door goes from action: warp greenhouse to warp x y greenhouse ... i got where i needed to be

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
                Lorekiss likes this.
              • Lorekiss

Lorekiss Master Chief

Thanks, @kzintiwife @Allayna and @MouseyPounds ! you guys have been super helpful. I finished my map but now I want to take a view of the WHOLE thing, Is there any way to do that in tIDE? btw I don't want to take a picture from my cellphone since the 100% zoom is kinda blurry since it is a big map.

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

there is usually a way to screenshot on your computer

• lepheel

lepheel Void-Bound Voyager

I noticed that when you use a plus sign in a string for a message, it converts to a smiling sprite. Does anyone know how to prevent this?

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

I downloaded your map to try because it sounded intersting. The ramp that you added to the backwoods works fine, but when I go past that and try to access the new area the game sticks on the loading screen; no new area is loaded and I have to manually close the game.

Smapi gives this error:
                      [11:39:22 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateOther(GameTime time) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3913
                      at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2342
                      at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 723

• Tatto

Tatto Intergalactic Tourist

I pretty much finished making my new map but the problem is that the paths layer doesn't work in-game. I want to start off every game with a lot of harvestable grass and trees but it doesn't seem to spawn that many. How do I fix this?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
                        • ohhaykfrankk

ohhaykfrankk Aquatic Astronaut

Hello everyone...I made a new greenhouse for myself but I can't figure out how to change the warp point going into the greenhouse. The farm maps don't have warps to the greenhouse so I'm not sure how to change that. Any ideas? Thank you!

• no00ob

no00ob Void-Bound Voyager

Can someone explain how I can get forage items to spawn in my custom map, I read thru a lot of pages on this thread and I understood some of the things. What I understood: it has to do with the locations.xnb and I have it extracted so I can edit it, but what do I edit or add in it to make them spawn? It just has a ton of map locations with numbers after them? The wiki says something about adding a property to a tile that is supposed to spawn a item that has a true or false thing in it, is that how it's done? How does the random numbers have to do anything with this value on the tile? Also I think the fishing works the same way how would I get that working as well and last thing anyone know a tutorial on how to make custom items to my mod? Haven't found anything regarding that yet from the interwebs thanks already! (And just for clarification my map is a completely new .tbin file loaded into the game by my mod, not a edited version of an existing one!)

• vickers643

vickers643 Space Hobo

So I extracted all the necessary xnb files to edit Farmhouse2_marriage, but even though I have the original townInterior png in the same folder, tIDE still shows the error saying it can't find it??? I honestly don't have any idea how to fix this. It keeps saying \townInterior'Inner Message: Parameter is not valid.

• levondrius

levondrius Void-Bound Voyager

Is the townInterior.yaml file in that folder as well? tIDE needs both the png and the yaml file to work

• ghouly

ghouly Tentacle Wrangler

putaytoe likes this.
                                • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

so, i thought I knew how to make respawnable large stumps, but it's not working...

I've seen on the secret woods map, theres a map property that is
                                  Stumps: x y x y x y
                                  where each 'x y' is one stump.

Trying to add more respawnable stumps to the foraging map and it's not working.

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

I don't know much about this functionality, but I did notice that the Stumps map property on the Secret Woods map contains 18 numbers (24 6 3 29 7 3 26 10 3 46 6 3 34 26 3 41 26 3) even though there are only 6 stumps. So rather than being "x y" for each it seems more likely it is "x y n". That unknown 3rd number is 3 for all of the stumps. Oddly, the unmodded Farm_Foraging map doesn't seem to have that property at all though, so there might be more to it.

• peshdev

peshdev Void-Bound Voyager

I'm looking at my Barn3.tbin for SV 1.3. The map property is 11 15 Farm 14 11. Since I can (and do) have several barns on my farm, how does the game know to put me right outside the door when I'm back on the Farm map?

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.