RELEASED [SMAPI] Chests Anywhere

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 17, 2016.

1. margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

Yes, I only see the blinking when using Chests Anywhere. I tested vanilla, then with SMAPI and no mods, and then with all my other mods but not CA, and then with just CA installed. Blinking only happens with CA.

Edit: I've taken a closer look (better late than never) and it seems the blinking is only happening on the trash can, name of chest, and chest location, not the entire menu screen. The trash can is really noticeable, it blinks when removing an item from a chest or placing into a chest.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@margotbean Yep, that's normal. The mod detects when a chest menu is opened and then adds its overlay, which means the extra UI gets added a fraction of a second after the menu is opened. The game reopens the menu each time the chest contents change, which leads to that flicker. I'm not sure there's a way to fix that, but I'll look into it. :)

margotbean likes this.
      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Chests Anywhere 1.13-beta.5 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3 beta only.)

Release notes:
        • Farmhands can no longer access chests outside their current location due to game sync limitations. The main player isn't affected.
        • Improved German and Russian translations. (Thanks to dezqo and heiwaon!)

Last edited: May 31, 2018
        • MattJon

MattJon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Pathoschild - will we ever potentially see this feature return?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@MattJon Potentially, though I'm not sure right now how it'd work with the way the game syncs data in multiplayer.

• chirisu

chirisu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

not sure if it's just me. But when I named the chest "Bee House" and put it next to a Bee House for honey automation, I can't open that chest with right click. Though if I destroy it, replace, and name it to something else, it works fine. This was in the Farm Expansion map (all chests in the Expansion map work fine). Also there were no errors or anything from Smapi. (1.2 version)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@chirisu I can't reproduce that. Does it happen if you do it on the regular farm? It it does, can you upload your SMAPI log after trying it and post the link here?

• chirisu

chirisu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Pathoschild : I just tested. It actually doesn't do that at all on the regular farm. I guess it was just me. Oh well. Thank you though!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Chests Anywhere 1.13-beta.6 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3 beta only.)

Release notes:
                    • Fixed shipping bin no longer sliding overflow items into free slots when you take an item out.
                    • Improved Chinese translations. Thanks to changbowen!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Chests Anywhere 1.13-beta.7 is now available. (For Stardew Valley 1.3 beta only.)

Release notes:
                      • Added support for scrolling chest/category dropdowns with the mouse wheel. (Thanks to mattfeldman!)
                      • Improved Portuguese translations. (Thanks to TaelFayre!)

• PixelHollo

PixelHollo Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! I was testing Chests Anywhere with my housemate in multiplayer yesterday. I had a problem where as a farmhand it said I didn't have any chests yet, even though I crafted most of them. The host player was able to use them all just fine as normal. I didn't get any SMAPI errors and neither did the host.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@PixelHollo Unfortunately farmhands can't access chests outside their current location, due to limitations with the way multiplayer works. I'll look into making that message more clear.

• PixelHollo

PixelHollo Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for that! :D

• neoisnotanderson

neoisnotanderson Tentacle Wrangler

I recently tried to gift someone at the Winter Star festival, but I wasn't able to because it just showed a menu of my chests. I'm not in the beta.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@neoisnotanderson Does that happen often for you, or only once? That happens rarely for some players, but it's very hard to look into since it doesn't happen reliably for anyone so far.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Chests Anywhere 1.13 beta 8 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3 beta only.)

Release notes:
                                  • Added support for auto-grabbers.
                                  • Improved message when no chests are accessible.
                                  • Updated Portuguese translations. (Thanks to TaelFayre!)

• neoisnotanderson

It's only happened once so far. My giftee was Haley if that makes a difference.

Also, today, something happened to me that hasn't happened before: When I fished up a treasure chest, it linked to my shipping bin instead of the new chest. That's never happened to me before but it's been happening on all of the chests I've been fishing up today. I'll restart the game and let you know if it happens again.

• neoisnotanderson

Yea, the fishing thing didn't happen again. Weird.

EDIT: Nevermind. It happened again.

EDIT 2: I have a theory that it happens if I interacted with the shipping bin anytime before I went fishing.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
                                      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@neoisnotanderson If you can figure out reliable steps to cause that, that would help a lot.

• Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

This hasn't happened to me in the last 2 or 3 updated, but I've had it happen a couple times, while fishing, as it's been mentioned, and also when completing a community bundle, trying to collect the reward.
                                          The only thing I've been able to connect is it only happened after actually using the chests remotely that day.
                                          In the example of the bundles, closing the game, restarting the day and doing the bundle without accessing chests remotely prevented it from happening... However in other days that I did use it before, there was no error.
                                          So there must be something else...
                                          If it comes up again, I'll also try to provide info.