1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Save File Editing Guide (For solving some common issues)

Discussion in 'Support' started by ConcernedApe, Mar 19, 2016.

1. MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Sure you can. As I said earlier, none of her events depend on seeing previous events.

• iamthetot

iamthetot Intergalactic Tourist

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the multiplayer profit margin by editing the save? For example, if you selected 50% when you made the file, but would like to change it to 75% now?

Never mind, a simple google search answered my question. For those looking, it's under the difficultyModifier tag.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
      • littlebigfish

littlebigfish Yeah, You!

My two brothers and I have a farm together, and there seems to be a glitch where more of the same item can be donated to the museum. So now we are stuck in regards to the museum as extra space has been taken by the duplicate items, as well as even touching one of these items to rearrange them in the museum freezes the game for the player doing it. Is there any word of a fix for this, or a we stuck with a broken museum? Is there a file somewhere that can be edited that will allow me to delete these extra items from the museum? Any other ideas?

• Blorp

Blorp Big Damn Hero

No need for duplicate posts though.
          Can you zip your save folder and attach it here?

littlebigfish likes this.
          • littlebigfish

littlebigfish Yeah, You!

Sorry about the duplicate posts. Didn't know where it would be best to post. Here is the zip.

Attached Files:

• Blorp

Blorp Big Damn Hero

Duplicates removed. It would be a good idea to look what you already have donated each time, to make sure you don't end up with duplicates again.

Attached Files:

littlebigfish likes this.
              • littlebigfish

littlebigfish Yeah, You!

Thank you so so much:)

• Nicook

Nicook Space Hobo

Hey guys, anyone know the marriage ceremony id? Trying to fix my marriage triggering properly. on the ingame menu has max 10 hearts and says gf. if I talk to haley, shows 10/12 hearts and she says were married. However, never saw the ceremony cutscene, and shes still living in her house.

save attached.

Attached Files:

• Towarzysz

Towarzysz Void-Bound Voyager

First Time I have problem with unlock community center, i'm on 2 Summer and no cutscene with Lewis. In my save i can t see event 611439, game have few mods maybe this is problem ? Please help, how can I play without oasis, fast travel etc. ;)

Attached Files:

• Blorp

Blorp Big Damn Hero

I have no idea what happened here. Your marriage was meant to be on the 23rd. Did something else happen on that day?
                      Anyway, I set it to happen tomorrow, so when you sleep after loading the save you should see the wedding, and then hopefully everything else will be correct after that.

I loaded your save, waited until 8:00, then went to the town from the bus stop. I got the cut scene with Lewis. If it isn't triggering for you, perhaps one of your mods is causing it to not work?

Attached Files:

Nicook likes this.
                      • Towarzysz

I don t know, its possible. I have request for You- if you got this cut scene, can You save game after this scene and upload here ? Maybe it will be solution

• Blorp

Blorp Big Damn Hero

Remove all mods you are able to, and try again? It needs to be a sunny day (like the day when I load your save), and you need to go into town after 8:00 from the bus stop.

• Towarzysz

I know it, played in this game many times. I was right, opening save in another computer got scene with Lewis. I saved this and bring to my game. Simple solutions are the best

• Nicook

Nicook Space Hobo

Thanks a bunch. No idea what originally happened that day. Wasn't counting the days, but figured it had been a decent bit over 3 days, so I got a little mad at the game and set it down for a while. Then I found this thread and was pleased.

• MissGranger

MissGranger Void-Bound Voyager

Hey everyone, I've been playing stardew on switch and whenever I enter Abigail's room for a heart event the game crashes. I think I might have used a long character name and that's the reason it's crashing. Is there any way to change the name in-game? Editing my save from switch seams to be impossible to be done in a legal form.

• amymarceline

amymarceline Orbital Explorer

Hey, maybe I can find some help here.

Sebastians eight heart event didn't occur in my gameplay, I went ahead and deleted the <int>29</int> in the files

(I use SMAPI, so I have a lot of files [I have Amy_(number), Amy_(number)_old, SaveGameInfo and SaveGameInfo Old, (Pathway: Steam > ... > Stardew Valley > Mods > SaveBackup > (Date)-SMAPI > Amy_number [the last one is a folder tho, not the actual file], and in this folder I have the four files (named above), and this Backup folder.)

I deleted the <int>29</int> everywhere I found it, but as soon as I start the game (via SMAPI) it just replaces my edited files with the original ones (before editing), I also tried running it via Steam, the files won't be replaced but the event still doesn't happen.

[And I know it the event appeares during rain between noon and 11pm].

As english is only my second language I think I may have written some things that can confuse other people. So message me, if you want me to clarify something.

Thank you in advance and to everyone who is helping here!!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
                                  • TheHyruliest

TheHyruliest Seal Broken

Long story short: experiencing a multiplayer bug where my incubator is infinitely trying to hatch a void egg (been over a full season).

If anyone knows either how I can "reset" the incubator or alternatively just drop in a void chicken it would be appreciated.

• bambysocute

bambysocute Void-Bound Voyager

Hi can you help me pls? :c

NPCs birthdays went missing on the calendar
                                      and when I tried giving gift to npcs on their birthday , they just act like it was a normal gift
                                      [​IMG]
                                      here my file

• Tomas1714

Tomas1714 Space Hobo

I have this issue during the Y1 fall (Stardew Valley Fair) where going to the fishing minigame freezes the game, ive heard its a know issue, does it have any fix?

• AzizWaing

AzizWaing Space Hobo

Hi guys,
                                          I have approximately 150 hours played and I unlocked the magnifying glass in Year 2. It is now Year 6 and I have yet to find Secret Note #10.

Notes:
                                          - I play solely on multiplayer.
                                          - My partner and I retrieved the skull key. We entered Skull Cavern and received mail the next day from Mr. Qi. We would get rewarded if we reach Floor 25.
                                          - I reach level 25. My partner gets rewarded for the quest while I don't.
                                          - She is able to find Secret Note #10. According to the Wiki, you must complete the quest mentioned above to get it.

Seeing how I wasn't rewarded for Mr. Qi's Challenge, will I be able to find Secret Note #10 or am I just unlucky?

If worse comes to worse, I am willing to Save Edit my file if it is in fact a bug. If anyone knows how to do this, please help.

Thanks!