Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asunai

asunai Void-Bound Voyager

I know this was posted a long time ago, but is there any way to make the kids beds the same white and pretty texture as the nursery is?
    Or is there any way to get rid of the nursery, and keep the two beds but make them white like the nursery?
    (The files are on page 18. I love them, but I would like the nursery gone and the kids beds to match the nursery white color).

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

most of those (if not all?) are going to be in Content/Maps
      Cellar.xnb is there

• asunai

I have no idea how to edit the xnb itself because it's a CP file and there aren't any XNBs, they're t-bin files. I have managed to change the colors around on everything I want to....Except the kids beds. Changing the colors on the kids bed textures doesn't do anything for them in the game? At least not on the PNG portion of that file on page 18. I have no idea why. I have no idea how to modify anything T_T I'd like to learn though. Other then PNGs, i can modify those just fine.

Edit: it seems there's a stray white pixel on the flooring of the version with 2 beds, and it's not part of the PNG, which leads me to believe it's part of the coding in regards to how the file reads the texture?? Not sure, but all of the test I've ran have been inconclusive in being able to find a fix. The single bed, and no bed, files are fine.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
        • Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

• Arkanto

Arkanto Void-Bound Voyager

Attached Files:

• asunai

I want to have the bathroom in my house and the additional space, I'm not sure if that mod has the bathroom or additional space. I've managed to recolor most of the mod I'm working with, but it seems there's a stray pixel in regards to how the file reads the textures and I have no idea how to fix it because I don't know how to modify the code portion of the mod...just the png, and it's not on the PNG. (I've done a rainbow color test to try and pinpoint the problem area and that area never ends up colored).

Here's a pic of what I mean. I've colored the map to test in game to try and find the problem area, and that area no matter what stays white. It's only the 2 bed version, the files that are read for the single or no bed issues work just fine. It can't be the PNG because if it was then one of the colored areas would be showing up on the white tile on the floor. Also, it doesn't matter if I color the beds on this PNG, they will not change color in game. I think something needs to be coded different but I have no experience with the coding side of mods.

https://imgur.com/a/2QEeV0K
          https://imgur.com/a/LvOMqhm - Color test in game. I know it's the mod because if I remove the mod, that stray pixel goes away. I also know it's just the version with 2 beds, because when I install the mod with 1 or no beds, the stray pixel does not exist. It is specifically the 2 bed version of this mod.

• asunai

Doesnt matter what version I modify the color of the kids bed on in the png, the color never shows in game.

• Moragaine

It looks like you have an older version of the Farmhouse Basement mod. I'm in the process of repackaging the Basement mod, I don't have all of the versions done, but here is the redo of the first one I put up; the beds are variable, but it defaults to the 2 bed and crib style:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2019
                aijvelle likes this.
              • Moragaine

Also, if you're trying to recolor the children's beds, you need to be doing the ones on the towninterior tilesheet in the Content folder of the game. Allayna, Nyxyn and I had a discussion about recoloring these on the previous page(37) of this thread.

• randomlybookish

randomlybookish Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have a question and this seems like a good place to ask even though it is not strictly a conversion question but it does involve Content Patcher. A little bit ago I made a Content Patcher mod that recolored the scythe, the copper pan, the pail and the shears to match the other vanilla tool upgrades. Well, it worked fine when I first released it and when I updated it but now 3/4 of their sprites, the ones on the tools sheet, are no longer working/showing the recolor. I have not messed with the code since I updated it to add the pail and the shears recolors. The scythe works just fine, it is the copper pan, the milk pail, and the shears that are not showing their recolor and I can't figure out why my mod isn't working anymore.

My mod is here. https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2445

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

I just tried it on current beta version and it was working fine for me. I only tested the iridium style though.
                    ToolRecolor.png

• randomlybookish

randomlybookish Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hmm... that is bizarre. Maybe there is a hidden recolor conflict that I am not aware of in my mods? Because I have everything set to iridium and this is what I see. Thank you for letting me know it is working for you though! EDIT: Wait, I think I know the mod conflict. I don't think this is playing nice with the Prismatic Tools mod I installed to see if I wanted to take on the recolors for those.
                      why.png

• asunai

Thank you

Also thank you

• asunai

• Arkanto

Arkanto Void-Bound Voyager

There you go.

Attached Files:

• asunai

Oh thank you, do you mind if I upload it to the nexus in case anyone else would like it?

• Nyxyn

Nyxyn Void-Bound Voyager

• chirumiruenergy

chirumiruenergy Space Hobo

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Attached Files:

paladinofthelantern and Medicell like this.
                            • Nyxyn

Nyxyn Void-Bound Voyager

So Epic!!! thanks so Much :D

Thread Status:
                              Not open for further replies.