Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asunai

asunai Void-Bound Voyager

Is there anyone that can convert this file to a CP file, and ALSO fix it?

So there's 3 different versions of this out there. 2 of the versions make the chest in the game invisible, the 3rd version seems to have fixed the chest issue but the witch scarecrow is still default AND it also makes the seasonal furniture invisible and or pull up the wrong associated item. In other words completely unusable unless you're okay with a buncha other items and or chest being messed up in the game.... I don't know how to mod or I'd fix it myself u_u;;; I really want to use it but ugh....

Broken - invisible c hest and likely same issue with candy canes / furniture / witch:
    https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1553
    https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/191

Broken one that allows you to color chest but has the witch messed up and seasonal furniture / plant / candy canes:
    https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/764

I think someone already tried to make a CP file for it as well, if they did I've also tried that and it doesn't work >_>

Edit: Unrelated to that mod, I found out what the bug is with the compiled hair merger... I have over 200 hairs in my game. My character looks fine, UNTIL, I hit "load favorite" from the dressing mod. AS soon as you load a favorite design, the characters arms turn brown. I'm not sure what's causing it but hopefully it helps someone if someone's trying to look into what's causing that bug.

Edit 2: Is there anyone that can make this mod CP compatible? https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1519?tab=files

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    • ColossusX13

ColossusX13 Void-Bound Voyager

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Here's the Kitty Scarecrows, Hay Silos, and the Witchy decorations someone else requested!
      The silos have a config choice between the two styles, and the witchy does include the winter changes

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
        elaina, Medicell, fadedwaif and 4 others like this.
      • asmothstotheflame

asmothstotheflame Scruffy Nerf-Herder

SquidLace likes this.
      • asunai

Anyone have any idea why shirt mods don't work with Kisekae? I can't get any of the new shirt mods to work, even if they're CP enabled.

• staarfruit

staarfruit Pangalactic Porcupine

Actually some things in those files do conflict, like some of the wall hangings and definitely the beds, it would probably be better if you edited the pngs yourself and used something like the DIYCP - Home Decor by LavenderLight to make sure you're getting the things you want from each mod.

blouwho? and asmothstotheflame like this.
          • Ribbonain

Ribbonain Pangalactic Porcupine

Ive tried those CP's and they dont seem work currently, due to the custom furniture mod not being updated. And also conflicts even when the pngs have been edited the code wasnt working properly either.

asmothstotheflame likes this.
            • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

I'm working on this, I have an old combo of them for myself that i just need to make cp

• staarfruit

Really? Odd because it's working fine for me, but either way it looks like @Allayna is working it currently.

asmothstotheflame likes this.
                • Ribbonain

Ribbonain Pangalactic Porcupine

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Here is a combo of the Classy Interior and Classy Victorian mods!
                  I made this combo AGES ago for myself, so didn't take as long as it might have.
                  I improved the customization of the bed and kids bed, it defaults to blue, after first run a config will pop up where you can choose from blue, red, and purple.

Attached Files:

angelyuki and asmothstotheflame like this.
                  • asunai

Both of those files, for me, don't have working water sources...is there any way to fix them?

Which is sucking for me because I already started to use her greenhouse and now if I switch to a different file my items are in the black oblivion of death >_<
                    Edit: Oh gawd plz halp. I don't have the money to buy new trees or replant things.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
                    • Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

The 2 greenhouse conversions don't seem to have water source tiles for the water tanks and I'm not sure how to fix that.

• staarfruit

Oh jeez, I didn't even think of the water source thing because I never use it, I usually only ever use sprinklers in there. I forgot that there was a water source in there and I went to read the thread and it looks like the original creator might have accidentally removed it with their last update. To be honest, I don't know how to fix it either. I'm sorry. ><

If anyone knows how to fix it please either let me know how or if you feel up to it post the fix yourself.

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

i think i know how, ill take a look

• asunai

lol xD I'm not quite at the point in the game yet where I can afford to make sprinklers for the entire thing. I have...a few...but not enough ._.;; I like yuki's alot because it's pretty simple, it's not too much larger then the default and it just adds a few tree spots. Most of the other ones I've found are just....crazy. Like, I don't want to break the game and I don't want to be able to spawn all items because then what fun would there be to actually playing the game? x.x

staarfruit likes this.
                            • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Yeah, what it needs is the property "WaterSource" as "t" on the tiles you want to be water sources.
                              Here's fixed versions

Attached Files:

• staarfruit

Thank you so much! I noticed you only uploaded the xnb files and not as a CP so I'm reuploading them on this post as content patcher packs. Here you go @asunai, I tested them out in my game to make sure they're working and they are. :3

Attached Files:

YukiTsukihana and aijvelle like this.
                                • asmothstotheflame

asmothstotheflame Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Nyxyn

Nyxyn Void-Bound Voyager

for me the kid's beds are still showing as vanilla, I think due to farmhouse basement mod as I think kid's beds are in different locations. anyone able to help resolve this??

SquidLace likes this.
                                  Thread Status:
                                  Not open for further replies.