Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snarkypie

Snarkypie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think it was the old farm expansion mod, but it's been long enough that I can't be sure. Thank you for being awesome enough to fix them, though.

Attached Files:

• jackferno

jackferno Space Hobo

I have a problem

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your video does not show anything special that can't be caused by any multitude of issues, many not even caused by SMAPI.
        Unless you include a SMAPI error file, no one can help you, unfortunately.

Also, respectfully, the sounds you use in the video are highly grating to the ears.

EDIT: Also, consider updating all your mods to the latest version before reporting an error, as every mod you're using is out of date, as SMAPI said.

• MC Honk

MC Honk Void-Bound Voyager

Are we supposed to be able to launch Stardew from Vortex? Nothing happens when I hit the run button. I have SMAPI installed.

If I run the game via Steam, my Vortex-installed mods seem to run fine, though.

• arwigg

arwigg Space Hobo

hi ! so im completely new and inexperienced (which honestly is a terrible combination and I should've been smarter) but I downloaded SMAPI and things were alright for a few days until I downloaded the content patcher mod. Then I was unable to open the game at all. It kept saying that the game had failed unexpectedly: https://log.smapi.io/N9ZAtwcv (the full log)
            I can't really run anything anymore and I don't want to uninstall in case it ruins the entire game more. I'd really appreciate some help- please and thank you !

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

If you play on Windows, make sure you follow the install steps (especially "Part 2: configure Steam").

Can you upload your SMAPI log (see instructions on that page) and post a link here?

Sorry for the delay! The attached saves should work.

That's an issue with Vortex. Tannin and I are looking into it for an upcoming release.

It's failing before it loads any mods, so it's probably not that. Does resetting your game files fix it?

Attached Files:

• jackferno

jackferno Space Hobo

okay I will try that thanks

• tico

tico Void-Bound Voyager

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@tico That seems to be an issue with Portraiture. I suggest asking on its mod page, so the author can look into it.

tico likes this.
                  • ghouly

ghouly Tentacle Wrangler

Is there any chance we can load tbins from content packs in the future? (Or is there a way we can do it I'm not aware of?) I get this kind of thing.
                    Code:
                    [12:06:28 TRACE SMAPI] MapLoader loaded asset '..\Mods\Pomegranate\Salon\Salon'.
                    [11:49:39 ERROR MapLoader] Yikes! Couldn't reload Salon.
                    [11:49:39 ERROR SMAPI] The 'SMAPI\Pomegranate' prefix isn't handled by any mod.

It works fine with XNBs though.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Is MapLoader your own mod? I'm guessing the "Yikes! Couldn't reload Salon" message is in response to an error; can you print the error details?

• ghouly

ghouly Tentacle Wrangler

Yeah, I fuddled some of the messages because my pathing is really confusing right now. Let me see.

https://log.smapi.io/B4GTzAfG

This is what happens when I try to reload a map associated to a tbin file, i.e.
                        Code:
                        [12:35:03 DEBUG MapLoader] Inside Load<T> with asset '..\Mods\Pomegranate\Salon\Salon'.
                        [12:35:03 DEBUG MapLoader] .. calling contentHelper.Load("../Pomegranate/Salon/Salon.tbin").
                        [12:35:03 TRACE SMAPI] MapLoader loaded asset '..\Mods\Pomegranate\Salon\Salon'.
                        [12:35:03 TRACE SMAPI] MapLoader intercepted ..\Mods\Pomegranate\Salon\Salon.
                        [12:35:03 ERROR MapLoader] Yikes! Couldn't reload Salon.
                        [12:35:03 ERROR MapLoader] The 'SMAPI\Pomegranate' prefix isn't handled by any mod.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@ghouly Can you send me a zip of your mod and content pack?

• Jessicanity

Jessicanity Void-Bound Voyager

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Jessicanity

I'm just backing them up again and then I'll do that and let you know, thanks. :)

• Jessicanity

The same thing seems to have happened. I'm doing another Verify Integrity... just to make sure, but all the errors came up the same this time.

EDIT: second verification had all files turn up fine.

• ghouly

ghouly Tentacle Wrangler

Do you have a preferred host?

https://a.uguu.se/FxClk1XUosDe_Ghouly.zip

Notice that if you place Pomegranate inside the mod folder, it'll load it fine as an informal "content pack." (You should be able to warp to a map called Salon.) But as soon as those assets are outside the mod directory it can't read them.

I can give you my source if you want it. :laugh:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@ghouly Thanks! It's an issue with the way SMAPI handles content pack files; I'll fix that in the next version.

I'll need a bit more info for this one:
                                  • Can you post a zip of your save files?
                                  • Does the error always happen, or is it intermittent?
                                  • Can you provide specific instructions to reproduce the issue? (For example, you mentioned coming back to the farm in the afternoon; can you provide a specific time when it happens?)

• ghouly

ghouly Tentacle Wrangler

You're the best. :nuruhype:

Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.