Modding Discussion Modding Guides and General Modding Discussion--REDUX

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avarisc

avarisc Void-Bound Voyager

I have to truly thank you for introducing me to Harmony. It's a fantastic tool that makes what used to be absolutely nightmarish a lot easier.
    Had some issues with internal errors while trying to get it to work, but I've seemingly accomplished the goal with it [though not in exactly the documented way].

Still can't see the item during the animation, likely a bug with my draw code for it (still wrapping my head around the TemporaryAnimatedSprite class), but at least the weeds are gone as the original function no longer runs on custom items.
    Soon as I get the draw fixed, I'll separate the custom object code from my project and wrap it into a neat little utility mod.

You got me past the wall I hit, thanks so much!

Also, my code is MIT [I'll get that documented on the repo later] so if anyone needs it, steal away :p

Edit: Anyone interested is welcome to follow the new repo here: https://github.com/avarisc/StardewCustoms
    It's very, very early. Haven't even ported all the item code yet.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    • Flumme

Flumme Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello,

I want to move my toilet a bit "higher", closer to the shower. But ... every time I do this the upper part of the toilet dissapear. Seam to be something with the floor .... BUT: I don't know how to solve this.

I work with the program: GraphicsGale. Somebody could help me please. :)

[​IMG]

• Dakmordian

Dakmordian Phantasmal Quasar

I hope this is the right place, I've been searching all over the web and forums, etc, trying to find out.

I've seen the guides about editing dialogue to include new lines and chances for conversation, but nowhere have I seen that when, upon repacking the xnb file, it suddenly loses several kb. Specifically, I wanted to reword a couple of letters in the mail.xnb, but after repacking it the file dropped about 4kb. And when I first got mail in my new save, I couldn't actually open the mailbox. The icon appears, I went to check, it vanished without anything happening, the mailbox is now empty. I'm -assuming- it's because I changed the mail.xnb.

When I revert all my content files using Steam's Verify option, the mailbox works again. The only other xnb editing I've done is replacing the Fish.xnb and Horse.xnb. Both of which seem to be working just fine.

EDIT: I use XNB Extract 0.2.2, which insofar as I've been able to find is the latest version of that.

EDIT2: I have absolutely no idea what I did differently this time that I didn't do the last dozen or so times I tried... but I took a freshly redownloaded mail.xnb and made my changes, repacked it, and the thing is fine now. If anyone has any idea what I did wrong so I don't have this happen in the future, I'd be very grateful.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
        • FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

If you accidentally used tab instead of spacebar in places, it will remove everything after the 1st tab when you pack it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Dakmordian likes this.
          • Dakmordian

Dakmordian Phantasmal Quasar

Oh wow, that is a really important thing to know! Thank you very much.

• fdg21

fdg21 Subatomic Cosmonaut

so im using the add Tubular Toolkit and im not seeing the last two tabs to which you can make your own animals and add them, am i doing something wrong ?

Attached Files:

• Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

Can someone more familiar with using XACT tell me, is it safe to create and use a second (third, nth) sound engine for custom sound banks?

• 1ird

1ird Intergalactic Tourist

How hard would it be to create a mod that allowed you to craft items from all your chests and not just the player inventory? I have some programming experience but not a lot.

• Mju

Mju Void-Bound Voyager

Heyho! I'm looking for someone who can give me a little bit help.. I really like to make a translation of some custom crops and trees and his fruits and veggies.. maybe also some recipes, but I don't know what files exactly I have to edit? I've just try to edit some files, but ingame the trees and crops are gone to be invisible.. oO I'm sure that I've forgotten something else to edit, but didn't know what..

Ps: But some trees wasn't invisible, that's the point I didn't understand.. They show up normally, but didn't tested if they doing his work..

• adam249

adam249 Space Spelunker

hello everyone
                      i got a quick question
                      i want to edit the clinic building texture, i used the XNB extractor and extracted the .png of the clinic pictures " fall town - spring town - winter town " and edited as i wanted and packed it to the original form of XNB and replaced it with the original game files and started the game and the building is the same...
                      what did i do wrong ? is there other copies of the clinic picture i dont know about ?

thanks

• BritneyMc0206

BritneyMc0206 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Noticed you didn't mention 'Summer_Town'. Just wanted to make sure you didn't miss that. Unless there's something else goin' on, then chances are you accidentally replaced the new png with the old one. I would suggest renaming the old png as something so you don't accidentally mix it up. Hope that helps. :3

• adam249

adam249 Space Spelunker

could not find " summer_town " i thought the game only has three seasons !!
                          i rechecked the .png after replacing twice and still
                          there gotta be another pic of the clinic somewhere, otherwise i dont know what to do
                          the ppl who make building mods and change it totally to victorian and such, how did they change the clinic building ?

• BritneyMc0206

BritneyMc0206 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you couldn't find 'Summer_Town' in your game files, then chances are you're missing some stuff. I would suggest downloading a Map mod that includes all 4 seasons of '_Town' & doin' the work again from there (you can keep the files you already edited). Keep in mind you have to replace the new files in both the Content folder & Map folder, not just the Map folder.
                            As far as I know, there is no other Clinic pic. I've combined multiple mods that edit the town (even added my own edits) & they all work fine.
                            The only other thing I can think of is if you're using a version of the game that has something else or is missing some files, or if you removed the new files instead of overwriting the new ones at some point in time.

• ursii98

ursii98 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! Can someone just tell me if i understand the warp point for greenhouse right?
                              The warp point to greenhouse is in building tile the one that is diffrent from others and is an action point in the space for greenhouse and to go out of the greenhouse is in the map tile properties the normal warp that has x y location xy?

• lordofdragonss

lordofdragonss Void-Bound Voyager

Is there a program (not that weird extractor thingy) to change/make new looks for current animals?

• Alyssandra92

Alyssandra92 Void-Bound Voyager

I have searched *FOREVER* and cannot find where the string is for shopkeepers that contains sale prices. I have several mods installed that call upon "Objects" then "Shopkeepers", but the path eludes me; I just want to either remove the Iridium Sprinklers from Krobus' shop or jack the price up so I am motivated to make my own rather than buy them. (By that point in the game, I always have thousands of dollars, so it is a bit silly. I have never crafted my own Iridium Sprinkler as a result of zero need.) It is my intention to force myself to really dedicate time in the Skull Caverns, which I normally avoid.

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Generally speaking, the vendor information is not easily modifiable through the data files and you'll need a SMAPI mod (probably using Harmony) to change it. The relevant method in this case is StardewValley.Locations.Sewer.getShadowShopStock().

Alyssandra92 likes this.
                                    • sh4d0wpl4y

sh4d0wpl4y Void-Bound Voyager

Noob at modding, trying to play around, so a noob question:

Where is this part of the house (border between bedroom and spouse's room) so i can edit it.

Screenshot from 2018-12-03 11-40-30.png

Thanks in advanced :)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
                                      • sh4d0wpl4y

sh4d0wpl4y Void-Bound Voyager

Answer to myself. :)
                                        This part of the map is in FarmHouse2_marriage.tbin.
                                        After some edits and with a simple cp mod (still noob) i was able to change it.

Screenshot from 2018-12-24 11-22-36.png Screenshot from 2018-12-24 11-18-57.png

cankersaur likes this.
                                        • recyclek2015

recyclek2015 Space Spelunker

Not sure if this is the right place to post but could someone help me figure out what's over riding my furniture mod? I'm trying to make my farmhouse look cute but for some reason when I try to use Yellog's furniture mod (the unofficial content patcher ver.) it works on everything except for my bed and the kids beds. The other textures work just fine. The beds textures has worked for me before but with the new update I'm not sure what happened. I don't think the file is being rewritten by the other mods I'm using because the only other one that affects furniture would be campulani's fireplace and kitchen mod.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.