Yet another Flower Dance question, and another Haley question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by musical74, Jul 10, 2018.

1. musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Seem to recall that mods don't like people to take an existing thread and hijack it, so I'll create a new thread about it...

Since about the only person you can dance with the first year is Haley unless you are incredibly lucky (and Haley is assuming you remembered her birthday and gave her a liked/loved present) is it worth going to the flower festival the first year? Will you get a modest boost with all the villagers that you talk to, or is the first year better spent getting the farm up and running? Haley is not who I choose as a dance partner so for first year am I better off foraging and mining, and saying "bah, humbug" to the flower dance? Also, why dos Haley HAVE to be the Queen of the Flower Dance? Why can't Abby win it one year and just really cheese Haley off?

And, since I haven't gotten an answer on this yet, when talking to Haley during a normal day and it says "Haley is ignoring you" or "Haley is too busy to pay attention to you" do you still get a friendship boost? Among the reasons I dislike Haley, she'll ignore you completely. Shane may be very rude at first but he at least acknowledges you. Is it weird that I like her more bizarre sister quite a bit but pretty heavily detest Haley?

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Year one, I'm always mining during the dance. The only upside I see for going to the dance year one would be to get the Tub o' Flowers recipe if I was trying to rush the crafting achievements. I don't do that though. I'd rather have the sprinklers. As for friendship points, it doesn't do much for me. I give birthday gifts, and toward the end of year two I might push to get married just to keep Grandpa happy.

EDIT: As to your question, yes, I'm sure that even if Haley is ignoring you it still counts as talking to her. I think it's just a response the same as any other response, only ruder.

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

The "ignoring you" response is worth 10 pts similar to when people are busy. So it does give you points, but only half as much.

Shane is the easiest partner to recruit with a beer on his birthday and a consistent schedule, but Haley is a close second thanks to daffodils. However, if you are diligent, you can get any dance partner you want. The only one which has any real luck involved is Elliott because rain can make him inaccessible. For far more than you probably want to know on the topic, see this old reddit post.

• Larindel

Larindel Poptop Tamer

I danced with Harvey from the first year on - just gave him his favorite gifts twice every week and got some extra points in the first heart event.

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

I hate that! It isn't just schmoozing him for the dance. Rain seems far too common on his birthday. Alex is another that seems to get a lot of rain on his birthday, but at least he doesn't lock himself away.

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Do any of you know if you do get a bonus for talking to everyone on festivals? My character likes to be involved on the chance that talking to everyone will lead to a friendship boost, but if there isn't one, there's a few festivals that are "eh, screw it, I have too much to do today"

*Sees about getting Abigail crowned Queen of the Flower Festival" (I know it's always Haley, just want to see someone new be the queen)

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Talking to people at the festivals doesn't effect friendships.

From https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Festivals ... "Attendance at the festivals is entirely optional. Attendance (just by itself) also has no effect on friendship with the villagers (though there may be information benefits). Speaking to them there does not increase friendship points, nor does failing to attend decrease them. However, some festivals (like the Luau) do have activities where participation can affect friendship."

• Clovis_Sangrail

Clovis_Sangrail Subatomic Cosmonaut

I want to dance with Caroline.

Or Robin. Or Jodi.

Or Pam, who I bet is a heck of a dancer once you get a couple bottles of wine or mead into her.

Or Marnie.

I want to pay them all the attention they deserve, instead of ignoring them to work the store or the lab or whatever.

And I want to take them all to the Flower Dance.

I just want to make them all happy so they will come visit me in the evening, and when I come home at the end of the day, they will be waiting for me wearing nothing but a smile..

Is that asking so much?

• UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

Where did you find 6 coffee, pickles, super meals, truffle oil, and or wine in the first 3 weeks of the year? If I may ask.

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Gus sells coffee for 300g at the saloon.

• UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

I buy from Gus so infrequently that I totally missed that. Thanks for the info.

I am always trying to find new sources of loved goods for the villagers, because if I am going to take the time of day to give some-one something, I should find what they love. In my thoughts.

On the other hand me finding the 1800 over the first three months is a whole different and not related conversation. :)

but source for harvey's love first three weeks checked off the list. +++

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

it's a time-honored tradition to overdose poor harvey with caffeine X''D