Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My game repeatedly crashes when i go on my friends server please help I don't know what to do I've reinstalled and everything

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

At some point you installed a mod which changes the save logic to handle its custom data. That mod is no longer installed, so the game crashes trying to read the custom data. (That's why modders are strongly discouraged from doing that.) If you post a zip of your save files here, I can fix them for you.

Updating to the latest version of Kisekae should fix that. (Parsed log for reference.)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 2.6 beta 20 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3.23+ beta only.)

Release notes:
        • For players:
          • Fixed game freeze if the window loses focus while loading a save.
          • Fixed error on season change with mods that load PNG tilesheets.
          • Fixed error if a mod translation file is empty.
          • Fixed mods being marked incompatible if they reference certain types (only known to affect MTN).
        • For modders:
          • Added compatibility checks for Netcode changes.
          • Added compatibility checks for broken constructor references.
          • Added prototype helper.Events.GameLoop events for SMAPI 3.0.

• CipherGD

CipherGD Intergalactic Tourist

hello wanted to say that the smapi console run
          but then closes

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

CipherGD likes this.
          • CipherGD

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

CipherGD likes this.
          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 2.6 beta 20.1 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3.23+ beta only.)

For players:
            • Fixed installer missing some files.
            • Fixed installer removing SaveBackup's config.json and previous backups.

CipherGD likes this.
            • CipherGD

I'm sorry but right now I do not have access to Discord

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@CipherGD Does it close when you do a specific thing (like press a key), or does it happen with no interaction? What if you launch Stardew Valley.exe directly to play without SMAPI?

• CipherGD

if I open the stardew valley.exe nothing happens, but when I open the StardewModdingAPI starts normal console appears but then closes and the game continues, I understand that the console is used to manipulate the game

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

So the console closes, but the game continues running normally?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

That's very weird and shouldn't even be possible. Will you be able to access Discord later to discuss more?

CipherGD likes this.
                      • putaytoe

putaytoe Void-Bound Voyager

https://log.smapi.io/ZFWGnp9W
                        log says the error is with smapi, but in my experience that's rarely the case...any ideas?

EDIT: ugh, sorry, it was a farm map I had downloaded and loaded using contentpatcher. It's from a SDV modding community, I guess something's wrong with it. :( I'll let the mod know, sorry to bother you guys again...^^; welp I disabled it and it started giving the same error again, so that wasn't it. I guess I'll patiently wait for the MTN developer's release. Thanks again for your help, PathosChild!

EDIT Again: either that, or like you said, it might be that the map I downloaded is incompatible with MTN for whatever reason ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (it's replacing Farm_Foraging.xnb, so I don't see why that would affect it, but y'all know more about modding than me lol)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
                        • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@putaytoe That might be an issue with MTN. The author of that mod will look into it tomorrow and post a build for you to try. :)

putaytoe likes this.
                          • ghouly

ghouly Tentacle Wrangler

Anyone know how to avoid this?
                            Code:
                            StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Exceptions.SContentLoadException: The content manager failed loading content asset 'MorangosEAçúcar\townInterior.png' from SMAPI\ghouly.maploader. ---> System.NotSupportedException: Can't load a PNG file while the game is drawing to the screen. Make sure you load content outside the draw loop.

It happens sometimes when I call `reload` on maps through reflection, but only from the console, strangely. The exact same function triggered by an in-game hotkey doesn't cause this.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@ghouly That's an issue with SMAPI: console commands are handled asynchronously, but they should be queued until the next update tick to avoid conflicts. I'll fix that in the next release.

• macaro0n

macaro0n Void-Bound Voyager

Both Steam overlay and screenshot no longer working after I installed SMAPI! Help!

• putaytoe

putaytoe Void-Bound Voyager

ok, I got a new one. I removed all my mods except CP (left the jsonassets mods folders in there for some reason but it skipped them bc I temporarily moved jsonassets out to see if that was the cause) any idea either which content pack is messing with smapi, or is this an error within smapi itself? I can play (walk around town/enter exit maps, plant crops) fine, if it helps the error I'm getting in-game is when I try to walk over my planted parsnips, it acts like they're on trellises and I can't walk over them, and this is what the smapi-log spits out: https://log.smapi.io/iDG3GY7g

• Jessicanity

Jessicanity Void-Bound Voyager

Thread Status:
                                  Not open for further replies.