Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Yes, some certainly are. I can't speak for all of them, but I'm using the Haywrites ones and they work fine. They are very entertaining and add interest when you've played thru the game multiple times.

• randomlybookish

randomlybookish Subatomic Cosmonaut

I can only speak for the Haywrites mods but he released official patches for his that work in 1.3, so I would avoid using the unofficial ones.

• Nyxyn

Nyxyn Void-Bound Voyager

anyone have the location of the kitchen/bed cp?

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Thank you all who have updated my mods for Content Patcher and shared with everyone, you guys are great!
          @Allayna for converting the Cellar Edits;
          @squitz for converting the Spouse Rooms Edits;
          @Shalassa and @arkoiris for checking out the Immersive maps Edits.
          This community is the best, truly!

@Shalassa and @arkoiris, even though I just updated my main mod for Content Patcher and 1.3 beta, I truly loved how clean your code was, adding the strings as an edit and not a load, and adding the config for the Joja/No Joja maps was just genius! When I update my mod again - which will happen this week still, most definitely - would you mind if I used your files as a base?
          I will obviously credit you, don't worry!

Again, thank you all for your good work, it's good to be back :D

• arkoiris

arkoiris Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am absolutely okay (more than okay!) with you using my edits as a base! That's the best I could ever ask for :love: Good luck with your updating, and thank you for your work!

Karmylla likes this.
            • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Glad to help!

Karmylla likes this.
              • Astartez

Astartez Void-Bound Voyager

Couldn't find Tokiri's red panda cat replacement so here it is:

[CP] Unofficial Tokiri Cat Replacement - Red Panda - Original can be found here

The OC of the mod is allowed to take this file and upload it on their official page if they wish. You may PM me to have the unofficial port removed if you wish.

Attached Files:

breatemata and blouwho? like this.
                • vonnievonne

vonnievonne Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• vonnievonne

vonnievonne Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi there! I downloaded your mod last night but encountered an error and got redtext in the smapi window. I was told by PathosChild to send you the link to my Smapi log so you could look at the issue. Here you go

• paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

People have been having issues. One person said they got a working version but they never posted it so *shrug*. It's the quotation marks that it's having an issue with. I thought adding a \ would help resolve that but it didn't. Anybody else is free to toy with what I did and post a working version. I'll update my post with a link to that version then.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

I took a look at your update. Seems there were only 2 small errors.

Line 192:
                      Can be deleted as this a duplicate entry of the game's own official dialogue. This bypasses the CP error of not having anything to edit.
                      Code:
                      "Fri8": "",

Line 716(715 if you delete the entry above):
                      Requires a comma after the curly bracket. This fixes the error shown in Vonnievonne's SMAPI log.
                      Code:
                        },

• paradigmnomad

Changed! Even though it appears somebody has uploaded a fix on Nexus, and for some reason striked out the name on the compatibility page? I'll fix that real quick.

Attached Files:

• Ribbonain

Ribbonain Pangalactic Porcupine

Ive tried several times to load into the game the farm does not show up. Am I doing something wrong?
                          upload_2018-7-10_23-40-1.png

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
                          • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

geez after all this time, apparently i still forgot something...
                            this'll fix it

Attached Files:

PandaNikita and Ribbonain like this.
                            • paradigmnomad

[CP] Boneberry's Overhaul (partially complete) - Original can be found here.

This was made with my personal preferences in mind. Excludes craftables, data changes, and milk springobjects sprite.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
                              • Ribbonain

Ribbonain Pangalactic Porcupine

Thank you again for fixing the the mod!

Could someone please change these files into a CP's :D! <3
                                https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/940/?tab=files Could we use the owl one, since I am using the owls now dont want them overlapping.
                                https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1754?tab=description

DunDunDun!

Could someone make some CP's with these files for me please. Ive personally jury rigged what I wanted from them all into separate files. I just honestly dont know how to make a CP of my own, and the other CP's with these files arent working correctly.
                                Content I used.
                                1.)https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2190?tab=files
                                2.)https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1074 and
                                3.)https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1024

Furniture CP https://www.dropbox.com/s/y263kqlgyqjl06c/Furniture.7z?dl=0
                                One for a Kids Bed/fireplace CP https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvx2su02nfywm4a/Kids bed.7z?dl=0
                                Expanded house/kitchen CP https://www.dropbox.com/s/9yr3nw5f8yqtx0y/Farm and Bed.7z?dl=0

Attached Files:

• asunai

asunai Void-Bound Voyager

So I tried the combined CP hair mod that was posted a few pages back myself and it does indeed mess up the skin. The hairs themselves are fine, but it gives my character brown arms. I can post a screenshot if you want.

• ColossusX13

ColossusX13 Void-Bound Voyager

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
                                  • fuckthis

fuckthis Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry to bug this thread again but can some one please make longevity's DNPCC for content patcher? i dont like using longevity and the current DNPCC build glitches some villagers.

• paradigmnomad

It can't be done quite the same since DNPCC detects location. CP is good for season or weather changes but not locations yet.

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.