Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antinous23

Antinous23 Space Hobo

Hi - I tried running the game after installing SMAPI and I get the black box that pops up with a message saying I'm running a different version of the game. I'm not sure if I need an older version of SMAPI or the game. I used that upload log mentioned above to show the message I'm getting. Appreciate any info you have. Thanks!

https://log.smapi.io/8FEDzunw

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Antinous23 You have the non-beta version of the game, so SMAPI 2.5.5 is the one you want.

• Antinous23

Antinous23 Space Hobo

Thank you so much!! It works perfectly now. :)

• Binx133

Binx133 Space Hobo

Hi, sorry, I'm sort of new to modding, and I'm having one particular save crash, I don't know if it's something I'm doing, or if there's something in the game causing this. Every time I go to sleep, it crashes, and the same day restarts again. https://log.smapi.io/11FbvhBn

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Binx133

Binx133 Space Hobo

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Binx133 What if you temporarily remove all SMAPI mods?

• Binx133

Binx133 Space Hobo

@Pathoschild That doesn't seem to work either. I went into the files to change a gender mistake for my host farmer, but the crashing started days after I did that, so I don't think that's the problem, I also have Siv's marriage mod, but I've had that installed for ages.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Can you post a log of the error with no mods installed?

• Binx133

Binx133 Space Hobo

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Binx133

Binx133 Space Hobo

@Pathoschild I must have messed it up. Thank you for having patience with me.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Binx133 Can you post the whole Hanzo_188783115 folder, not just the Hanzo_188783115 file inside it?

• Binx133

Binx133 Space Hobo

@Pathoschild Ah, sorry, that's my bad! Again, thanks for your patience. ^^'

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Binx133

Binx133 Space Hobo

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Vortex now officially supports SMAPI mods and content packs! You can install them directly from the Nexus page, and install updates from within Vortex.

nexus-download-link.png

Caveats:
                        • This should work for any SMAPI mod or content pack, but it won't work for XNB mods.
                        • The Vortex alpha is Windows-only, but Nexus plans to make it crossplatform.

• Drynwynn

Drynwynn Void-Bound Voyager

Tried to find some info on the search before I asked, but quick question: was this change just for purposes of the beta and will go back to INFO afterwards, or is this your go forward plan? Don't like my mod cluttering the console once I take it out of dev mode, but wanted to check before I change all my debugs to traces. =)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Drynwynn That change is for the log parser site, but the SMAPI console already showed DEBUG messages by default. I do recommend moving messages down to TRACE if they're only useful for troubleshooting, and consider removing messages that aren't needed in the release build (or marking them with #if DEBUG).

Drynwynn likes this.
                            • Snarkypie

Snarkypie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thread Status:
                            Not open for further replies.