1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes 2

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TouchedSpaghet

TouchedSpaghet Intergalactic Tourist

I have a bug that crashes me whenever I click on the social tab in multiplayer. The error code seems to be different sometimes. Any input on how to fix this would be very much appreciated!

Attached Files:

• Sgt.Dandelion

Sgt.Dandelion Intergalactic Tourist

When the Night market startet chests at the beach disappeared. After the event the chests were gone and didn't appeared again.
      One of our friends therefor lost his watering can which was probably placed in one of these chests.

• Gooselings

Gooselings Space Hobo

I've been playing with my friends for a few days and we've found a few issues:
        -If 2 players break an item or click on a furniture item at once, it will duplicate
        -Sometimes those little rock crab buddies walk through walls in the mines
        -Occasionally the community center bundles that are completed appear uncompleted for other players
        -A singular corn plant remained after the transition from fall to winter
        -No cooldown on free coffee at the Night Market
        -40 Items donated to the museum achievement received multiple times

Not a glitch but a few suggestions:
        -Allow doors to be locked for certain players (host override though)
        -I'm not sure if its a thing but allow us to change the style of the outside of the little cabins

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
          KAC likes this.
        • ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

Hallelujah!

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

Are you using any mods that extend the number of players beyond 4? The error logs make it seem that way.

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

A new update is available - 1.3.23
              • (Fixed) Prismatic shard drop rates don't increase when players hit the bottom of the mine
              • (Fixed) Farmhands warped to the wrong version of Marnie's house after purchasing animals
              • (Fixed) Crash when player/player child is born and one of the parents is offline
              • (Fixed) Multiple spouses standing in same space on farm
              • (Fixed) Using a weapon after eating nullifies the food effects
              • (Fixed) Walk around (instead of through) Pam when getting on the bus
              • (Fixed) Toddlers not moving inside cabins
              • (Fixed) Stop fly buzzing sound when it dies

• The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Pretty sure this should be Crab pots :p

Updated it for you.

Katzeus likes this.
                • davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

You do not need to read all the posts to know if an error is solved, on page 1 you have a list of "errors solved", that list is not very long, you can take a look and see if your problem is really fixed or not.

yamina-chan likes this.
                  • BLos

BLos Master Chief

In the intro cutscene, the song "Settling In" plays at the bus stop, but after that, it cuts out once the player and Robin reach the farm. This wasn't the case in 1.2, in which it would play until the scene ends. This is pretty minor, but since many people agree that the music is one of this game's strongest features, I figure it could make a difference for new players who are trying to decide their first impressions of the game.

Also, this might be intended, but if you start a new farm in co-op mode, the game never plays "Cloud Country" at the character creation screen, which makes it impossible to acquire the song for the jukebox. Since the jukebox songs could be seen as collectibles, it'd be nice to make this song accessible for anyone. (Plus, it's one of my favorites.)

yamina-chan likes this.
                    • KAC

KAC Void-Bound Voyager

I've been playing the multiplayer mode with various friends, and we have a lot of fun, but we generally agree that the pacing is way way too intense. In single player, you can pause and contemplate things; there are many subtle ways in which the day is slowed or temporarily halted which gives you time to think and breathe. Multiplayer doesn't seem to have a way to pause during the day, so we end up needing to pause at night and discuss what we want to do in the following day.

The End-of-Day pause is not acceptable because it doesn't always trigger. We have to ship something or someone has to level a skill to trigger it; otherwise, the day just rolls over. It is problematic because if anyone hits "okay" on the end of day report then they can neither see further chat messages nor send chat messages, so we end up bridging that communication gap clumsily between the Steam overlay or other communication platforms outside the game.

The menu functions become relatively less useful because of this time-crunch problem. I can use the map to see where everyone is which is good, but if I stop to look at the map then the day shoots by at high speed which is bad, so I don't use the map and don't generally know where everyone is. Looking at collections is a hard thing better done when we're not doing multiplayer. The time-crunch puts us at odds with effective communication and coordination which is antithetical to cooperative play.

There are not functional indicators or ways of signaling readiness to proceed or for rapid consensus building processes for party mechanics. I can't see the health or stamina of my friends or their location without going into the menu. For my particular group of friends the shared money is fine, but a way to dole up the money into individually held and controlled pools would be nice; the game could benefit from guild bank mechanics as demonstrated in a myriad of other games. At the least, it would be nice if we could all agree to just pause once and a while somehow and signal a desire to trigger that quickly and easily.

I would really love it if the pacing of the day for multiplayer was scalable or otherwise could be controlled somewhat. A static longer day would be acceptable; I am not sure how much longer exactly, but it would be easily twice to like maybe ten times as long if I had my druthers. My ideal would be that the game/game-clock slows down somewhat when players are engaged in certain interfaces like the bundles in the community center, the chat interface, or the menu system and maybe pauses entirely when all players are in those systems simultaneously.

Thanks for the multiplayer update. I have been very enthusiastic about it since its announcement, and I look forward to further development of the wonderful farm game and community.

Zitchas and margotbean like this.
                      • sacredbishop

sacredbishop Subatomic Cosmonaut

just in case you don't know, with /pause you can pause the game, but you can't do much.

what i don't like is you can't play the whole game at the saloon.

KAC likes this.
                        • jbrianj

jbrianj Void-Bound Voyager

Locking places is not going to happen as the goal of multiplayer in this game is to work together, meaning if you play with people that will take other people's stuff if you agreed not to then this isn't the game to play co-op. It's all about trust in this game(and having fun). The style of cabins can be chosen if you add houses manually as host as far as i know.

Either way you could always hope for multiplayer mods.

The saloon is indeed an issue. The ability to /pause while doing the minigames would be an acceptable solution.

• Galactic_Unic0rn

Galactic_Unic0rn Space Hobo

• The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

The game does not "end" so there really is no need to plan ahead.

You can worry about reaching maximum efficiency in year 4 - 5 while taking the first 2 years just to get a lay of the land and slowly build up your economy.

• Sikm

Sikm Void-Bound Voyager

What a game, in our household it's currently being played by different ages...from 8 to 80!

Just started playing multiplayer and had a cupola weird experiences, not sure if they're bugs or not.

1. Farmhand awoke, watered plants (25?) and was totally exhausted. Getting exhausted by, at the latest, Noon is a regular occurrence.

2. Watering same plants with watering can which suddenly changed to hoe, axe, and so on through the inventory.

Not spoiling the many hours of enjoyment that this game is giving - so many facets.

Andunelen likes this.
                              • Windy4sun

Windy4sun Void-Bound Voyager

Also a pause during heart events like Marnie's cave carrot or Harvey's balloon ride so that time does not get away from the player watching this event during multiplayer.

• Else5803

Else5803 Space Hobo

Came across a small bug in my game today (5 July 2018), thought I'd share it.

After the Festival of Ice, I walked around the map looking for forages for a few minutes, and ran into Pam at the bus station at 12:10 AM. She gave dialogue referencing that sounded like it was from before the ice fishing festival. Other possibly relevant information, I won the fishing competition, walked above my farm and got a cutscene (Willy gave me a Copper Pan), walked around and ended up by the bus eventually. Oh, also my game updated today, so I'm on the current patch. I was playing by myself, no multiplayer.

[​IMG]
                                  Screenshot here:
                                  https://imgur.com/e9IFAw7

• Else5803

Else5803 Space Hobo

I also had this bug earlier today, I was actually able to pick up Lewis's shorts twice. My quest completed as normal. I put the extra copy in a chest, unsure of what to do.
                                    Maybe a second player will need them later? I have 3 farmhand houses built but no other players so far.

• margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

Animation bug:
                                      When using teleport markers in the Wizard's Tower, Witch's Swamp, or Witch's Hut, my character disappears (and the blue/white swirls appear), but my character's round shadow on the ground never disappears. My character also reappears, standing on the marker for a second before the scene changes.

Playing v1.3.23 in singleplayer mode, loading a v1.2 save.

• jbrianj

jbrianj Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure if normal but on the spring dance, the two kids are stuck inside each other:

upload_2018-7-7_0-18-56.png

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.