1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

How to fix corrupted save files [Tutorial]

Discussion in 'Support' started by Yusuke Urameshi, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Yusuke Urameshi

Yusuke Urameshi Space Kumquat

Probably because there is nothing wrong with your save file.
    Describe what is happening in detail and post it in another thread. I will not offer further support for your problem here.

• ali.reza1044

ali.reza1044 Space Hobo

hi Yusuke
      my game is crashing when i go to sleep
      i'm on winter year 2
      and i think there's a problem with my save file because other save's are working fine
      i uploaded the save file i would really be thankful if you could fix it for me

the crash report is:

Message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
      Parameter name: index
      InnerException:
      Stack Trace: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
      at StardewValley.Crop.newDay(Int32 state, Int32 fertilizer, Int32 xTile, Int32 yTile, GameLocation environment) in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Farmer\Farmer\Farmer\Crop.cs:line 304
      at StardewValley.TerrainFeatures.HoeDirt.dayUpdate(GameLocation environment, Vector2 tileLocation) in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Farmer\Farmer\Farmer\TerrainFeatures\HoeDirt.cs:line 387
      at StardewValley.GameLocation.DayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Farmer\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 1890
      at StardewValley.Game1.newDayAfterFade() in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Farmer\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3961
      at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateOther(GameTime time) in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Farmer\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2787
      at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Farmer\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 1462
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
      at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Farmer\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 31

Attached Files:

• Yusuke Urameshi

Yusuke Urameshi Space Kumquat

Hi reza. First off, I am sorry, but I am no longer active on this forum or fixing save files at this time. Make sure you create a separate thread for your issue, as I said in the first sentence of this thread that was in bold and capitalized, yet no one listened to.

• loisete5

loisete5 Aquatic Astronaut

Well well... 100 hours save file, community center completed, most villagers 10 hearts, 10 items away from completing all bundles... As a achievement hunter this has just broke my heart. Not gonna check 80000 lines of code, specially if its xml.
          So sad.

• Blorp

Blorp Big Damn Hero

Do you have a broken save? If so, zip the save folder and attach it to a more current thread (instead of resurrecting one from years ago), such as this one.

• Aaron700

Aaron700 Space Hobo

UPDATE: Forget about this sorry, I managed to publish a new thread: https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/can-someone-help-me-with-recovering-my-save-file.149255/

Good afternoon Mr. Yusuke.

Pardon me if this goes against you're first sentence of not publishing here a broken file, but honestly, I'm new and I don't really know this "concept" of "internet forums" (I haven't really used a forum in a very, very long time ago), so I don't know how to create a thread (or maybe this is a thread and I'm blind, sorry).

The point of this is that I want to know your opinion about a game file or a savegame of 8(I know is not Stardust Valley, but I hope that you could give some kind of advice) Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2005), I reinstalled the game for making some changes, but not changing the save file, so, I managed to reinstall the game, but after entering to it, the game said that my file seem to be damaged and that in consequence, it could not be used.

The I started looking solutions around the internet and well, I found you, I signed up and here you have me now. I want to send to you two screenshots and two files, the file called "Aaron" is the apparently "corrupted" savegame, meanwhile the other with the name "NOMBRE" (just "NAME" in spanish) is a quickly and flesh savegame that I created, the results with Notepad are contemplated in the screenshots.

What I didn't understand is about how many "NULL" files must have a file to consider it "completely corrupted and loss", because I have a lot of "NULL", but not all the code is composed of "NULL", the curious part is that the good savegame still has "NULL" parts and It still functions very well. So I what to know what can you say to me about this.

Thanks. (Sorry If I have mistakes but english is not my native language).

Aaron.png NOMBRE.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
              • orange_panda2020

orange_panda2020 Space Hobo

Hey, so, IDK if you can fix mobile saves or if they're exactly the same, because my save corrupted and I had 7 hearts with Emily. (Please don't spread this, the character's name is my name) idek what's wrong with it, just one day it stopped working. I've tried everything you've said to do (by editing the files on my PC) and they just haven't worked. I really do hope you can fix my game, as I really need it back. Please, get back to me as soon as you can. (I'm not trying to rush, but I really need this account back!) And, truly, thank you for making this guide, as I might get Stardew Valley on PC soon, and what if my save game corrupts? You'll be there! So, please get back as soon as you are able to.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020